Poirier would beat McGregor in a rematch

The only guy Conor would fight more than once is Nate Diaz.
But I don't think Conor makes 145 anymore anyways.

I think Poirier took McGregor lightly in their first match.
It was still early in McGregors UFC career and he hadnt yet proven himself to be a serious threat.

Poirier got caught, and finished, but I doubt it would happen in a rematch.
He is also much better at 155, and has matured as a fighter.

If McGregor ever actually fights Ferguson, after he loses I'd like to see a rematch with Poirier at 155.

Thoughts?

<26>

I think Poirier took McGregor lightly in their first match.
It was still early in McGregors UFC career and he hadnt yet proven himself to be a serious threat.

Poirier got caught, and finished, but I doubt it would happen in a rematch.
He is also much better at 155, and has matured as a fighter.

If McGregor ever actually fights Ferguson, after he loses I'd like to see a rematch with Poirier at 155.

Thoughts?
He looks much bigger than conor at 155.

Conor has been ducking Marcus Brimage for years.

He doesn't want another piece of the Bama Beast!!!

Conor has almost fully metastasized into an unlikeable dingus, but his skill as a fighter should not be doubted. Poirier is good but Conor makes him look like a journeyman (again!) if they ever rematch.

Poirier doesn't have the defense or fight IQ to survive a round with Conor. His chin is fine, but he fights a little too tall for being average height.

Holloway could, Aldo maybe, Eddie definitely CANNOT beat Conor. His performance was so underwhelming that I couldn't imagine a world where Eddie could possibly beat Conor without getting dropped 1000 times.
So Aldo, who lasted 13 seconds, could beat Conor, but Eddie couldn’t?
No bro. No one can.

Poirier got KO'd by Michael Friggin Johnson... If anything Conor beats him even faster if they fought again.

Dustin was shitting his pants before their fight.
he did lost the fight before they started

So would Holloway, Eddie n Aldo

Conor gets overrated by his herd of sheep fans
So Conor has no shot against a single fighter that he already beat?

The only thing more annoying than a Conor-hugger is a Conor-hater.

Too bad Poirier got clipped early. The first one could have been a fun fight.

Dustin’s chin is weak. He can’t fix that and that would lead to his downfall again.

Conor via TKO rd 2

I think Dustin would have a pretty good chance of pressuring Conor down and making him fold. That being said, Dustin showed the other night that his defense is not incredible.

Dustin walked into a pretty clean uppercut from Pettis. I think if it had been Conor instead of pillow-fisted Pettis, he would have been KO'd.

He would have to put intense pressure on Conor without getting countered like that, which is not going to be easy.

Holloway could, Aldo maybe, Eddie definitely CANNOT beat Conor. His performance was so underwhelming that I couldn't imagine a world where Eddie could possibly beat Conor without getting dropped 1000 times.

Alvarez was terrified against McGregor. Made a complete fool of himself.

No. Conor would wreck him again in the first round. Don't have to worry about it though as Dustin won't get close to McG again.

So Aldo, who lasted 13 seconds, could beat Conor, but Eddie couldn’t?
No bro. No one can.

Aldo's skillset puts Alvarez's to shame. The fact that Eddie was winging non stop overhands and hooks after getting dropped multiple times shows that he had no composure in there against a fucking counter striker.

There's a reason Aldo is a 10x defending world champ and Eddie couldn't hold the belt.

Aldo's skillset puts Alvarez's to shame. The fact that Eddie was winging non stop overhands and hooks after getting dropped multiple times shows that he had no composure in there against a fucking counter striker.

There's a reason Aldo is a 10x defending world champ and Eddie couldn't hold the belt.
Yeah... Aldo showed a TON of composure in those 13 seconds... swinging that wide left hook after a blitz forward against the best counter striker in the game.

Yeah... Aldo showed a TON of composure in those 13 seconds... swinging that wide left hook after a blitz forward against the best counter striker in the game.

Aldo has thrown that left hook and right leg kick combo in all of his fights. That's one of his staple combinations. Which you can see below at around 2:10. Eddie was swinging wild hooks with NO set up at all and was trying to mimic what he was doing to a rocked RDA.

According to this forum, most anybody would beat Conor.

Not only that, but humiliate him. He's "not a real fighter".

The hater mentality is ridiculous. What started as backlash to a joke they didn't find funny ("McGreGOAT") has continued to full on temper-tantrum city. You can't fault him for wanting to make money, and you absolutely can't fault his skills inside the cage. You can't take away his humiliation of Aldo, both mentally leading up to the fight on a world scale, as well as in the cage. You can't take away his mauling of Eddie, who at the time looked like a beast, having just dethroned the rampaging RDA. For both of these fights, the haters were there, spouting negative bullshit and proclaiming there was no way Conor could possibly win. They shut up for a few days, if that, after the fight, but then popped right back up after the next one.

There are things you can legitimately criticize him for, but continuously doubting his fighting ability and being negative at every turn are not the ways to go. Haters will hate on him no matter what he does though - it's completely transparent and pretty old hat by now.

Preach brother

Back