Platinum Mike Perry Wants A Fight ASAP! (Update: Calls out Belal Muhammad)

He should fight somebody else now.
Let's be honest he would be another easy HL reel for Mike Perry. Another past his prime fighter. Give Perry a top 10 and watch how bitter people become when he actually beats somebody in their prime.

I okay seen a slow risa to the belt.

Fight Magny or Alves in diciembre then fight 2x guy next year. Title shot by mid 2019 a guranteed.

Still want Jouban rematch

Let's be honest he would be another easy HL reel for Mike Perry. Another past his prime fighter. Give Perry a top 10 and watch how bitter people become when he actually beats somebody in their prime.
Perry isn't bad, but why rush him? The Alves fight is very winnable and good for his development. He's two fights removed from being soundly beaten by Jouban. I understand guys wanna see him against the top 10 since he's so exciting, but it would be better for him and his fans in the long run if they don't do that.

Eh. I don't think so. He says he wants the fight rebooked ASAP since Perry is healthy. It makes sense. If not that and there's injuries all the damn time, he can step in somewhere.
Alves says a lot of things but actions speak louder than words ... did you see him on Saturday night?

Have him fight Erik Silva, the great young prospect.

Dude, Platinum Mike Perry is a grown man. You want to throw that shark in with a young kid that's just bursting on to the scene? For what, bloodspill? He's just a kid for Chr*** sake!

Alves says a lot of things but actions speak louder than words ... did you see him on Saturday night?
I can understand people being critical of him but I'm not gonna fault the guy for opting to take care of his family during a big hurricane.

Perry isn't bad, but why rush him? The Alves fight is very winnable and good for his development. He's two fights removed from being soundly beaten by Jouban. I understand guys wanna see him against the top 10 since he's so exciting, but it would be better for him and his fans in the long run if they don't do that.
I do agree with your point but a Lawler fight is a very winnable fight for Perry.

Lawler has been through so many wars and has been recently brutally knocked out plus he enjoys to stand and bang. Perry is the faster and probably stronger fighter at this point. Win-lose-draw it would be a hell of a battle and a good learning experience.

I can understand people being critical of him but I'm not gonna fault the guy for opting to take care of his family during a big hurricane.
That's not what happened though, he chose to keep them in the path of the hurricane after the UFC offered to fly him out of there a week early. He wasn't even prepared to drive to the next nearest airport like Jotko did, it's just fucked up. He even admitted himself that he did it because it was his "first hurricane" :p be sympathetic as a fan but don't ask Mike to put his career on the line again ... are you seeing how much shit Mike is getting for beating a LW on short notice? all Thiago's fault

I do agree with your point but a Lawler fight is a very winnable fight for Perry.

Lawler has been through so many wars and has been recently brutally knocked out plus he enjoys to stand and bang. Perry is the faster and probably stronger fighter at this point. Win-lose-draw it would be a hell of a battle and a good learning experience.
I do agree that there probably isn't a better matchup for Perry in the top 5 than Lawler.

The last guy he fought that was even sniffing the top 10 was Jouban and Jouban embarrassed him. I question whether he could even beat this version of Alves. He has literally fought no one.

The last guy he fought that was even sniffing the top 10 was Jouban and Jouban embarrassed him. I question whether he could even beat this version of Alves. He has literally fought no one.
Lol you are full of shit

He's younger but the rest of this statement is wishful thinking, even with Robbie at this point. If getting dropped by Jouban is any indication there is no way his chin can hold up to Robbie's power.

Looks like he's using the Cowboy method to a bigger payday: fight more often.

Respect.

Lawler is a smarter fighter than you're giving him credit for. He's not Diego Sanchez. He didn't just stand and bang in his last fight with Cowboy. He's a smart fighter and isn't going to give Perry what he wants.

Back