Platinum Mike Perry fans = Bored Conor McGregor fans?

Do you read every sherdog thread? You seem to be in all o

The KO's are his hype machine.

Also, pretty sure the PMP spam started as as a joke then he kept KO'ing
Apparantly the adds on Sherdog forums doesn't generate much money for Sherdog, otherwise the owners of Sherog would have ordered the moderators to edit the Perry threads in a other way, like having just one Thread about this guy, resticting 100% of the conversations about him there or something like this.

Because if a newly reigistrered member of sherdog arrives at the UFC section of the forum, he could face like 50-60% threads about a fighter he doesn't really care about, draw the conclusion that this is not a serious forum at all for conversations about the UFC or the sport of mma and leaves quickly despite having much knowledge and intresting arguments, opinions about salient UFC mma topics that could be discussed here but aren't because of improper editing.

Without proper editing the first impression of the UFC forum is like a kid playhouse or a sandbox for mma-trolls.

Sherdog could be bigger, better and much more diverse if the moderators edited stuff better, 90% of the casual and hard-core fans doesn't care about Perry, no mather how many spectacular KO's he produces. Atleast not in way that they want to discuss it on their spare time.

90% of the casual and hard-core fans doesn't care about Perry, no mather how many spectacular KO's he produces. Atleast not in way that they want to discuss it on their spare time.
Bullshit, otherwise his threads wouldn't have so many people on both sides of the argument in them. Forum dwellers love a good argument regardless of which side of it they are on.

Bullshit, otherwise his threads wouldn't have so many people on both sides of the argument in them. Forum dwellers love a good argument regardless of which side of it they are on.

"have so many people" is a very diffuse & nonspecific way to put it.
The number of "Forum dwellers " would most likely frequent this site in much larger numbers and hours if other topics then Perry was discussed. Let us not forget that he has like 7869 Followers on twitter. Just compare that number to some other ranked fighters numbers that comepte in variation of divisions and maybe you understand where I am getting to?

The number of "Forum dwellers " would most likely frequent this site in much larger numbers and hours if other topics then Perry was discussed. Let us not forget that he has like 7869 Followers on twitter. Just compare that number to some other ranked fighters numbers that comepte in variation of divisions and maybe you understand where I am getting to?
I get where you are going, I just don't agree. Unpopular topics disappear off the front page quickly. There is a reason Platinum threads last so long and it's not because they are echo chambers where we all just circle jerk, he's a divisive character who causes controversy.

I don't understand how his statement is inaccurate but yours is somehow accurate because you used percentages......you pulled a Brendan Schaub and started making numbers up as you went along, to suit your agenda.

there are more serious MMA forums out there if you wanna go join one, but sherdog is the biggest mma community in the world and that means you gotta accept some realities. The problem is NOT Mike Perry threads, it's the Conor McGregor threads stinking this place up, but they aren't gonna be merged either for the various reasons you highlighted.

So I do think we are in agreement philosophically but our views differ on how to go about "improving" sherdog"

Nah.
I like Conor.
Can't stand Platinum.

You stay there then, splurging in your pants over a mink coat and a naked photo shoot.

We'll stay here, where jaws get spun and taken off by any limb necessary. The funny bone just got renamed to the funeral bone.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
They started as people mocking McGregor fans. Nobody seems to remember that Mike Perry was called a douche around here before idiots started this crap

One wolf is enough to herd you sheep
You would think, but many of us are actually just wearing sheep's clothing, and realized that we taste like chicken.

You would think, but many of us are actually just wearing sheep's clothing, and realized that we taste like chicken.
Pedophile sheep looking for some veal, does not count

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back