pillars of eternity

Well here i thought i was gonna finish the redrick quest...until i saw his entourage, think im gonna do some other quests and lvl up before i go back to that keep

Well here i thought i was gonna finish the redrick quest...until i saw his entourage, think im gonna do some other quests and lvl up before i go back to that keep

I did it at level 4 with a full group. Eder, Dpsadin, ranger, Aloth, Durance, Kana. I set a fireball trap downstairs and put Aloth to the side. Eder tried to tank them all while standing in Consecrated Ground and Aloth AOE'd them to death with Fan of Flames. Was surprisingly easy once I used buffs.

I did it at level 4 with a full group. Eder, Dpsadin, ranger, Aloth, Durance, Kana. I set a fireball trap downstairs and put Aloth to the side. Eder tried to tank them all while standing in Consecrated Ground and Aloth AOE'd them to death with Fan of Flames. Was surprisingly easy once I used buffs.
Sounds like a plan, its something ive learned over time to position my companions the proper way and set up traps before engaging, makes such a big difference.
I know im still early in the game but im glad i have to actually think before engaging each group of mobs. My concern is that later in the game it might get easy (playing on hard mode) due to having a stronger group and that each engagement will get repetative.

Sounds like a plan, its something ive learned over time to position my companions the proper way and set up traps before engaging, makes such a big difference.
I know im still early in the game but im glad i have to actually think before engaging each group of mobs. My concern is that later in the game it might get easy (playing on hard mode) due to having a stronger group and that each engagement will get repetative.

I have noticed that I outleveled a few places in Defiance Bay. I did most of the sidequests before continuing with the main storyline and some parts felt quite easy. But on the other hand some encounters were still hard such as the lighthouse and the bridge encounter.

There is a ton of dialog in this game, but only some of it is voiced (or is my game messed up?)

I think there's a definite risk of that. I dungeon crawled down to the bottom of the endless paths (got rekt by the boss and left), and now I'm level 10 doing Dyrford quests that seem way underleveled.

There is a ton of dialog in this game, but only some of it is voiced (or is my game messed up?)

Your game isn't messed up; that's how it is.

Smacked down Raedric and then went and got my keep. Cleared out the first 7 floors then built the warden office that gives the bounty hunter quest.

Those bounties were pretty tough one of them had 4 drakes with him! Will probably try to advance the story some next before I outlevel everything.

T
Having a blast with the game so far its so good.

Oh boy, I've got Durance, Eder, and Aloth and it's slow going in the Temple to Eothas. Gotta get used to this style of combat. How frequently do you guys pause?

Oh boy, I've got Durance, Eder, and Aloth and it's slow going in the Temple to Eothas. Gotta get used to this style of combat. How frequently do you guys pause?

These are my pause options FWIW. I also frequently pause manually.

1A928193E5C7BB5D5C6022C51799A405882D19F1

Unless its an easy fight I pause, issue commands, and then pause again as soon as those commands are executed.

Timing and positioning are very important in these battles, especially on hard.

The pause button is used very liberally with this game. Every battle, I pause and un pause frequently.

The one problem I have is that the AI is pretty bad, so my party really won't do *anything* without me micro managing every movement. So when I have a party of six, and having to move each person in every battle because they refuse to do it themselves, it gets tedious.

The game's story and setting remind me of Planescape more than BG, which is great.

These are my pause options FWIW. I also frequently pause manually.

1A928193E5C7BB5D5C6022C51799A405882D19F1

Unless its an easy fight I pause, issue commands, and then pause again as soon as those commands are executed.

Timing and positioning are very important in these battles, especially on hard.

The pause button is used very liberally with this game. Every battle, I pause and un pause frequently.

The one problem I have is that the AI is pretty bad, so my party really won't do *anything* without me micro managing every movement. So when I have a party of six, and having to move each person in every battle because they refuse to do it themselves, it gets tedious.

The game's story and setting remind me of Planescape more than BG, which is great.

Thanks guys! I cleared the first level of the Temple easily enough once I started liberally using the pause menu and re-positioning. Not sure about the bell-puzzle to unlock the door though. May cheat and watch a video :icon_chee

Done a couple of good deeds in the Vale. How many quest lines are there in the Vale? I have one more task I know of off the top of my head, in Black March, and the one I'm currently doing in the compass.

Not sure about the bell-puzzle to unlock the door though. May cheat and watch a video :icon_chee
There's a book or note you can find on the bell level that explains what order you need to ring them in if you don't want to "cheat."

Finally beat the Endless Paths Boss down at lvl 15. Died repeatedly until I finally figured out the right strats and then beat the
dragon's
ass and got all this crazy l33t loot. I haven't even gone to Dyrford yet so I worry that the rest of the game will be a cakewalk now lol. And I still have 2 levels to gain.

There's a book or note you can find on the bell level that explains what order you need to ring them in if you don't want to "cheat."

Thanks! I'll go through and read all the notes and books I've picked up. Keep forgetting to right click on all that stuff. Gonna boot the game up here pretty soon.

Am i the only one who just created 4 characters and used the wizard outside the inn at the start of their game ? If you find the dissapointer and climb up the that wall in the area to get a robe before the first town. You have enough cash to create 4 more characters to help you start the game.

Am i the only one who just created 4 characters and used the wizard outside the inn at the start of their game ? If you find the dissapointer and climb up the that wall in the area to get a robe before the first town. You have enough cash to create 4 more characters to help you start the game.

That's good to know in case I do a Path of the Damned playthrough. Some of the companions have some decent items though, so it's worth picking them up and stealing their gear, particularly Eder's armor. I like the quests and flavor text of the story-mode companions, but they definitely have some questionable stats (e.g. if Eder is supposed to be a tank, why does he have so many points in intelligence and might?). I eventually used IE Mod to respec their talents and abilities last night since some of them just made no sense.

On an unrelated note, I feel like the only good wizard ability is arcane veil + its improvement. The other ones (like grimoire slam and blast) aren't really necesarry given how many beastly spells you have that can replicate (and improve upon) their effects. When respeccing, I found it more useful to just put all his talent points into saving throws passives (superior deflection, bear's fortitude, snake's reflexes, bull's will). When you combine that with arcane veil, you get defenses that are nearly as good as the fighter. And in case of emergency, you can pop a potion of infuse vital essence to compensate for glass cannon HP + Llengrath's Safeguard for an additional + 20 to all defenses and + 10 damage reduction. The wizard really has a great variety of CC, debuffs, nukes, self-buffs, and AoE. At the beginning of the game, the cipher seems like the better caster, but by the end, the wizard just has so many spells, and can go nuclear at any time because he/she doesn't rely on focus.

0700D10E2E051E9D31B89A513C53CB40441496D0

Last edited:
Where the fuck to i buy camp supplies tired of back tracking to town to rest in inn

Beat the game a couple days ago and I am having serious withdrawals lol. Tempted to play it again on the hardest difficulty, but I don't want to burn out before the expansions. One of the best games I've played in many years.

Back