PFL

Isn't UFC the best though?
Still doesn't mean their cult members have to bash fighters and other organizations giving MMA fighters a chance to showcase their skills and so those same MMA fighters can get paid for doing what they have a drive to be doing

The elite, perhaps so, but there's many guys outside of the UFC that could give any of the top 15 guys a run for their money.

Don't forget that Alexander Hernandez went from being a regional prospect to beating Dariush and Aubin-Mercier back-to-back.

I really don't see anyone outside the Ufc who gives Khabib, Dillashaw, Jones, DC or Woodley a "run for their money".

There's a lot of great fighters outside the Ufc but until Bellator stepped it up this past year no one was even comparable in terms of talent.

I really don't see anyone outside the Ufc who gives Khabib, Dillashaw, Jones, DC or Woodley a "run for their money".
He agreed with you on UFC's elite. His point was that there's tons of guys outside the UFC who could give the top 15 a run for their money, and I agree with that.

Don't forget when WSOF transitioned to PFL, UFC took most their champions, and just about all of them (Gaethje, Moraes, and Branch) are ranked between 4-7 today.

Those Featherweight and Middleweight tournaments were pretty awful. Those two divisions need a complete talent overhaul IMO. Welterweight just had too many cookie-cutter wrestlers. Lightweight was just meh.

I hope this two-fights a night thing is only for this season as they had to start in the summer. Too many tentative fighters on those tournaments. If the season starts in January next year, maybe the fights will be better.

Their most entertaining divisions were easily Light-Heavyweight and Heavyweight and those divisions weren't stacked in the slightest. They just seemed to have the most fighters with nothing to lose. Besides Vinny, I doubt any PFL talent at LHW/HW would be top 15 in the UFC.

In the division where Smith vs Oezdemir is a top 5 clash? Why not. HW/LHW aren't deep anywhere. Most top contender in major orgs would have a solid chance of making it into the top 15 in UFC, although only a few stay for longer.
Talking about top 5 caliber in UFC is certainly more exclusive; breakng into the top15 in that org not that much, especially at the heaviest; for the 1M tournament entered some of the highest regarded big guys in Russia, and America out UFC.

With that kind amount of prize, this promotion will fold in no time.

Back