• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

PFL Taking Over

Every single one of those fighters was beyond their prime except OAM. Hell Marlon Moraes was literally retired until he decided he couldn’t resist the urge to get knocked out a few more times. And lmao at signing Jake Paul as some sort of win. Watching him fight some fellow neophyte on the main card is huge for the integrity of the sport. The UFC also was able to poach the best fighter they ever had.

Not many fighters switch from PFl to ufc Phillipe Lins is one of the few that did. Yes of course many did when it was wsof. But they were honestly a different organization and much underfunded back then.

Shane Burgos, Olivier Maucier, Rory Mac Donald, Jake Paul, Nate Diaz(potentially), marlon moraes, Jake shields, fabricio werdum, Marcin held, Antonio Carlos junior, I’m sure there are countless more.

Randy couture, Paige vanzant, Megan Anderson, and other huge stars are working for PFL.

Plus they produced their own talent as well. Homegrown fighters. Brendan Loughange, Ray cooper, Kayla harrison, lance palmer etc

The big thing is the up and coming fighters are highly considering pfl over ufc. And pfl is getting a lot of the young talent.
200w.gif

BINGO. This guy gets it.

As a Martial Artist myself, I would have a hard time choosing between signing to PFL or the UFC ( if i was at that level), UFC has the prestige for now and the bigger pay days if you want to "act" a certain way ( im not into all that) but PFL is much more sports orientated and much more in line with what a fighters job really is and what a promotion's job is ..and for a starting contracts PFL definitely has more potential

Perhaps the seasons extend longer then 1 calendar year...like of other major sports...or shorten the regular season but put in more 1 night tournaments and end the year with a super event or something... there's options in that point based system weve seen in other sports that could be applied..

They could also run small competitions leading to a bigger show later on .. like Heats or mini leagues leading to a grand prix finish at the end of the year or something based on regions of the world or even countries..

It will take abit of creativity but doable as there using a sport first based approach and there's lots of examples to use from the other sports

You kind of need fighters to fight more often to get people to become fans of them like they are of soccer clubs though. I just don't see it working.

Maybe they could introduce a more ELO based ranking system so it's more transparent that way?

This is always the go to response when you are stumped and have no reply. hahaha

PFL used to be The (WSOF) The World Series of Fighting were guys like Gaethje, Fitch, Moraes all used to be champions. Then it was bought out and rebranded to PFL so yeah they have been around for a long ass time. Do i think PFL is currently burning money? yes i do because i posted an image stating so and a funny old meme of Dana holding a RIP Affliction tombstone but there really is no comparison between the two. One had two events the other has had over one hundred.

I haven't been following your argument, I just enjoyed a smart-ass comment about Afflicion because its collapse was so stupid. i'm a fan of PFL.

I'd love to see UFC crumble under the weight of their decisions, but it's a long way down and I don't see it happening any time soon. They've got a fanbase full of lemmings who love everything they put out and forums full of sycophants who will defend anything they do.
It’s gona be a long and slow fall for ufc. But when it happens it will be glorious, hopefully something worse doesn’t take over.

This is always the go to response when you are stumped and have no reply. hahaha

PFL used to be The (WSOF) The World Series of Fighting were guys like Gaethje, Fitch, Moraes all used to be champions. Then it was bought out and rebranded to PFL so yeah they have been around for a long ass time. Do i think PFL is currently burning money? yes i do because i posted an image stating so and a funny old meme of Dana holding a RIP Affliction tombstone but there really is no comparison between the two. One had two events the other has had over one hundred.

PFL/WSOF being around since 2018 and having promoted over 100 events while getting absolutely nowhere makes their prospect as a "industry disruptor" look far worse, not better. UFC isn't even plateauing in the meantime either, they're still growing at rapid pace (3x evaluation since the sale). Shit on Affliction all you want, but you can't deny Affliction: Banned was comparable to any tentpole UFC PPV of its time. What has PFL done during its 5+ year, 100+ event tenure that's remotely comparable?

Not to split hairs here but Netflix succeeded because they had an innovative new way of delivering the same basic product to people. I may just be out of the loop here but as far as I can tell PFL is doing the same basic thing everyone else does in terms of product delivery so I don’t really see the comparison.

Not many fighters switch from PFl to ufc Phillipe Lins is one of the few that did. Yes of course many did when it was wsof. But they were honestly a different organization and much underfunded back then.

So why do you list fighters who went to the WSOF from the UFC like Shields then?

You can't really build an organization around Francis, if the UFC tried doing that it would fail as well. Hopefully PFL does a lot of good stuff to bring guys in but people refer to MMA as UFC for a reason its synonymous with the sport. Francis isn't really a big name and it feels like he's already an afterthought in the heavyweight division. Not fighting for 3 years when you aren't a name isn't going to do great things for PFL.

So why do you list fighters who went to the WSOF from the UFC like Shields then?

What are you talking about Jake shield fought for PFL as well.

The first time I’ve ever heard “Megan Anderson” and “huge star” in the same sentence. Furthermore she’s retired. This fella is truly off his rocker isn’t he?

Yes I said “working” not “fighting” dumbass. Yes Megan has over 650k followers. She is quite popular. Also Tyron Woodley does a lot of commentary for them as well. And countless other celebrities too, including Kevin hart, etc.

What are you talking about Jake shield fought for PFL as well.

Yes I said “working” not “fighting” dumbass. Yes Megan has over 650k followers. She is quite popular. Also Tyron Woodley does a lot of commentary for them as well. And countless other celebrities too, including Kevin hart, etc.

But he signed when they were still WSOF dumbass.

Im not mindlessly defending the UFC. This is how I know you’re a low IQ individual. You label people without any kind of proof if they’re not on the same kind of “rah rah fuck the UFC” vibes as you are.
I don't understand why mindlessly shitting on the UFC 24/7 is such a badge of honour to some on here.

The UFC has its faults, as anything does. Yet its still the no. 1 MMA org by a very, very, very long way.

UFC fan boy. Doesn’t see a bigger picture for mma, and what it could possibly become. Doesn’t see there is an opportunity for it to catch up with other sports and to grow even more. What the UFC is doing now, it will never change.

Yes let’s just listen to Dana White. Who basically only likes strikers hates wrestlers.

Dana doesn’t care for the sport. Only wants to appear to the casuals for entertainment and to make the biggest buck short term. Not willing to invest like the PFL is.

At least you admit you’re too lazy to care. I’ll give you respect to where it’s due. But if you don’t care continue to be a zombie. Your choice. The sport could be a lot better though. And the athletes too.
It’s like this Brother Boz. When someone says they enjoy the fights they watch and have no problem with the UFC that’s kinda like they’re fucking opinion. I suppose you watching the exact same shit and coming on sherdog to cry about it makes you feel better than people who have no savior complex. In that regard I wont bust your bubble while you are out here getting these braindead zombies to see the light. I’m just looking at you like you have a dick on your forehead in a room with several other dickheads like you

Last edited:
Back