Media PFL PPV to cost $49.99

I don't think they're on ESPN next year. If they were I think this card would have been free.

They're not even showing the prelims on the ESPN TV channel like they did every other year they were with them. I finally did get an email from them today, but they're not really advertising it very well.

I don't think they're on ESPN next year. If they were I think this card would have been free.
Honestly, ESPN gets absolutely nothing out of a PFL deal. Its not like PFL is bringing a new paying fanbase to ESPN. On the contrary, PFL piggyback rides off the UFC fanbase at ESPN to gain viewership. If anything, PFL should pay ESPN to be on the same channel.

As it is, they draw poor numbers on thr main ESPN, Im willing to bet that PFL wouldnt draw shit outside ESPN. ESPN could probably draw the same or better numbers than PFL by showing UFC re-runs or highlight shows.

Honestly, ESPN gets absolutely nothing out of a PFL deal. Its not like PFL is bringing a new paying fanbase to ESPN. On the contrary, PFL piggyback rides off the UFC fanbase at ESPN to gain viewership. If anything, PFL should pay ESPN to be on the same channel.

As it is, they draw poor numbers on thr main ESPN, Im willing to bet that PFL wouldnt draw shit outside ESPN. ESPN could probably draw the same or better numbers than PFL by showing UFC re-runs or highlight shows.
They’re on ESPN plus, not the actual tv channels, same as UFC. PFL fulfills the purpose of providing viewable content, and more importantly for a sports platform, live content.

They’re on ESPN plus, not the actual tv channels, same as UFC. PFL fulfills the purpose of providing viewable content, and more importantly for a sports platform, live content.
PFL has been on the actual ESPN and ESPN channels, as well as ESPN + these past two seasons. And although they do fulfill the purpose of providing viewable live content, they dont bring a new audience of have brought above average numbers ever.

Pretty dumb way to advertise your content by making people purchase espn plus and then further charging them $50 for an average event no thank you, I'll follow the PBP.

Back