PBP PFL Europe 1: 2024 Regular Season, Thu. 3/7, 11 AM ET/8 AM PT PBP Discussion Thread

Stop with this negativity at once.

It does not feel right to me that Doumbe receives a loss on his professional record for a malfunction with the canvas thats all I am saying.

I don't know how the fight would have turned out but it was totally tied when the fight was stopped because of an injury that was incurred because of a faulty canvas. If that is not worthy of a win being overturned to a NC I don't know what is.

Sherbros, we should have been the ones to buy out Bellator collectively.

Summary:
-Fuck Goddard. Could at least have taken 10s to see what was going on. It was not interrupting any meaningful action.

- Great performance by Baki. Sharp, smart, composed, made all the right decisions.And what a fucking chin he has.
That said I think he was heading for a loss.

- Doumbe performed as I expected. Great TDD, good distance management, agile on the ground, and magistral with his boxing.
The kicks in round 1 were a bad mistake, he clearly understimated Baki's reaction speed but once he adressed that he was dominating.

-Great fight overall, very tactical and very well balanced. A classic striker vs grappler. Will love to watch the rematch.

-And fuck Goddard, seriously, you ruined it for no reason.

One thing you gotta love about MMA is that there seem to be an never-ending supply of: "first-time-ever wacky bizzaro-world bullshit" that ruin meaningful fight. Ellenberger gets his foot caught in the cage? Buddy this guy got a splinter in his toe!

109693-3964870.png

<mma4>

I hope everyone that bet Chamsoudinov gets paid but personally I do not consider that to be a legitimate win for Chamsoudinov.

A sliver of the canvas became logged into Doumbe's foot/toe, the canvas itself was faulty and the cause of the injury, that makes the fight a NC imo. Hopefully the athletic commission overseeing the fight overturns the win to a NC and they can rematch.

The fight itself was great and extremely competitive it is unfortunate an egomaniac referee + PFL incompetence caused the fight to end the way it did.

It's so weird because it wasn't like he broke his toe, it was akin to stepping on a small nail - why are their foreign objects in the cage that can injure fighters?

Seems like the "Smart Cage" isn't so smart after all.

Marc Goddard wanted Doumbe to get a glass shard in his foot so he could stop the fight and get some camera time and attention after the the fight was called.

What I hate the most is that he let Baki basically ask for a DQ and get it - after Goddard told Cedric to fight they both just stand in front of each other not throwing anything, after 5 seconds Baki steps back and looks to Goddard and claims Cedric isn't fighting because he isn't throwing lead attacks?

It then looked like Cedric pointed to his foot like "my foot is hurt idiot, you think I'm going to just go crazy and start attacking you?" at which point Goddard calls it a TKO because Baki asked him too.

Only one GIF sums up our feelings on the Dog...

<{clintugh}>

What I hate the most is that he let Baki basically ask for a DQ and get it - after Goddard told Cedric to fight they both just stand in front of each other not throwing anything, after 5 seconds Baki steps back and looks to Goddard and claims Cedric isn't fighting because he isn't throwing lead attacks?

It then looked like Cedric pointed to his foot like "my foot is hurt idiot, you think I'm going to just go crazy and start attacking you?" at which point Goddard calls it a TKO because Baki asked him too.

<{clintugh}>

<Hendricks02>

MMA refs fucking stink.

Ooof just read about the main. What a fekkin shame...

<KhabibBS>

I mean you can't call time but if he got shit in his foot from around the cage...

<Neil01>

<{clintugh}>
That's great right? Just tell the ref your opponent wants to give up. Good chance he will just believe you and give you the TKO win.

What a shame. Let's riot guys

Back