PBP PFL Europe 1: 2024 Regular Season, Thu. 3/7, 11 AM ET/8 AM PT PBP Discussion Thread

Don't worry Goddard, the card wasn't built around this.. the arena wasn't sold out for this fight... Just make an impulsive decision when you don't even know what's going on

top-tier reffing

Sorry I had to

2b7705e57c4b7f85.png
STKghjv.gif

I hope everyone that bet Chamsoudinov gets paid but personally I do not consider that to be a legitimate win for Chamsoudinov.

A sliver of the canvas became logged into Doumbe's foot/toe, the canvas itself was faulty and the cause of the injury, that makes the fight a NC imo. Hopefully the athletic commission overseeing the fight overturns the win to a NC and they can rematch.

The fight itself was great and extremely competitive it is unfortunate an egomaniac referee + PFL incompetence caused the fight to end the way it did.

Doumbe was taking over the fight after round 1 imo, didn't look like an opponent he was over his head with.
Definitely. Doumbe proved he is well rounded. But they could have given him a striker and gotten a HL reel finish to build up Doumbe/the brand instead. Just copy how the UFC strategically built up guys like OMalley and Pereira with smart matchmaking.

Baki vs Doumbe should have only been made for a title fight

I hope everyone that bet Chamsoudinov gets paid but personally I do not consider that to be a legitimate win for Chamsoudinov.

A sliver of the canvas became logged into Doumbe's foot/toe, the canvas itself was faulty and the cause of the injury, that makes the fight a NC imo. Hopefully the athletic commission overseeing the fight overturns the win to a NC and they can rematch.

The fight itself was great and extremely competitive it is unfortunate an egomaniac referee + PFL incompetence caused the fight to end the way it did.

Stop with this negativity at once.

Lol is it so hard to call a time out and let the fighter explain whats wrong?

Goddard makes it really hard to defend him.

@Substance Abuse

Ronnie Lott wanted a finger cut off so he could play in the Super Bowl...

Marc Goddard wanted Doumbe to get a glass shard in his foot so he could stop the fight and get some camera time and attention after the the fight was called.

Back