PFL $1M TOURNAMENT PARTICIPANTS (as of now)

Yes I know they said seven regular season events which means seven weeks straight. Guys having to fight multiple times that quickly might not work well with athletic commissions. Sure the contender series did that but only a couple guys fought that often.
oh I didn't put that in bold because I thought you missed it, I was trying to add my own thoughts to yours, sorry about that.

With so many participants they are not going to be able to have them all fight on the same night so that means 3-4 fights per fighter at most. I wonder if the fighters who are able to win and stay healthy will have the option to fight more often, and that will be how fighters build up their season points total. Like in that TUF season where ATT fought the Blackzillians and they kept reusing the same fighter because he was the only one on their team that could win and keep them in it. I just can't see it working if it's too rigid a structure ... and the part that worries me if it does work that way is fighters trying to play it safe by smothering their opponents for boring UD's

fgg.png will it be a tourney every year? will the winners have to start from the beginning? or will champions have to fight winners? or will winner go to UFC or Bellator? Will it be like early Bellator where we have to wait for the champ to get well to fight new tourney champion? Or is this PFL's death rattle last ha-rah before closing up?

Last edited:
View attachment 361625 will it be a tourney every year? will the winners have to start from the beginning? or will champions have to fight winners? or will winner go to UFC or Bellator? Will it be like early Bellator where we have to wait for the champ to get well to fight new tourney champion? Or is this PFL's death rattle last ha-rah before closing up?
I can't see this being anything other than an opportunity to put on events where the WSOF owners take all the profits for themselves and fighters get almost nothing until the very end, and if they don't win the tournament they wasted a year of their career for peanuts.

I'd like to know if they are making something like $500 per fight or if they are being paid a decent wage to compete

View attachment 361625 will it be a tourney every year? will the winners have to start from the beginning? or will champions have to fight winners? or will winner go to UFC or Bellator? Will it be like early Bellator where we have to wait for the champ to get well to fight new tourney champion? Or is this PFL's death rattle last ha-rah before closing up?
I've seen article in Russian, seems like fighters have to fight 3 times in the season, fights are scored somehow, and those who after 3 fights scores the highest goes to playoffs. I think playoffs are the same but 2 fights, not 3. And I think champions can fight in a non-title fights. I think fighters who is not in the tournament (for various reasons, including that their weight class is not represented in tournament) will be still booked for fights at PFL events.

I've seen article in Russian, seems like fighters have to fight 3 times in the season, fights are scored somehow, and those who after 3 fights scores the highest goes to playoffs. I think playoffs are the same but 2 fights, not 3. And I think champions can fight in a non-title fights. I think fighters who is not in the tournament (for various reasons, including that their weight class is not represented in tournament) will be still booked for fights at PFL events.

I thought I read or heard on a MMA radio show basically the same thing or something similar.

Here it is.... http://mmajunkie.com/2017/06/curiou...arlos-silva-breaks-down-the-road-to-1-million

My only question is they thought this going to start in Jan and now its June. Maybe they're only going to fight twice now.

Yusupov vs. Grishin
Kunchenko vs. Story
Shields vs. Zeferino
Brooks vs. Magomedov
Wade vs. Khaliev
Palmer vs. Idrisov
Harrison vs. Assunção

Some awesome fights we could get

<{jackyeah}>

I'll watch this for sure

Yusupov vs. Grishin
Kunchenko vs. Story
Shields vs. Zeferino
Brooks vs. Magomedov
Wade vs. Khaliev
Palmer vs. Idrisov
Harrison vs. Assunção

Some awesome fights we could get

<{jackyeah}>
You ever watch Jon Fitch vs Joao Zeferino? Same thing here. ;)

Give me Jake Shields vs Abubakar Nurmagomedov!

170 and 155 look fantastic.
I believe all of the divisions are supposed to have 12 fighters each, according to the website. Makes me excited to see who they fill them out with.

I think Featherweight could be up there. There are four fighters who have fought for the WSOF title in the past in the division. Doesn't really help that they're decision machines, though. Especially Harrison, Almeida, and Rodriguez. As far as free agents go, I can only think of Dennis Siver and Thiago Tavares for this division.

Of the divisions you stated, Lightweight is probably the stronger of the two. Absolutely stacked with talent. I honestly think this division is better than Bellator's Lightweight division.

I think Welterweight was the least potential for exciting fights in all of the divisions. With Shields, Nurmagomedov, Davis Jr, and maybe Story, there's bound to be some stinkers for sure. It would be wise to match some of them up with each other right away. I guess Albert Tumenov would be a good addition.

Middleweight, on the other hand, would probably be the weakest name-wise. Louis Taylor is probably the most well-known guy there. Johny Hendricks and Kendall Grove are easily the best free agents they can pick up for that division right now.

Light Heavyweight looks pretty weak as well, but they have a former WSOF champ, which puts them above MW, I mean I guess. As I stated before, Halsey, Newton, Carmont, Lins, Gamzatov, da Silva, Kleber, Krylov, and Barroso would be very good names for this division. With Holder and Rama, it has good potential for exciting fights. With all the names I mentioned, they could have a LHW division that is on-par with Bellator's, maybe even the UFC's.

Heavyweight could be the most exciting division in the whole league. Just needs the right match-ups. Mike Kyle and Blagoi Ivanov are guaranteed violence. Just keep them away from Rosholt. Heavyweight doesn't have a lot of free agents, really. I guess Tony Johnson could be a good addition.

Rosholt gon be a millionaire

Nobody on that list can get out from under him.

hopefully it's actually a million up front and there is no fine print. Not like those "6 figure contracts" that the initial TUF winners gone.

Back