PFL $1M TOURNAMENT PARTICIPANTS (as of now)

if its free and easy to access then ill watch, LW bracket looks very interesting reminds me of when Bellator had tournaments

I would like to give you sherbros some knowledge about who is in this PFL 2018 Tourney (if I had any mistakes or someone to add, I will gladly edit this out)

Heavyweight
:
Blagoi Ivanov
Caio Alencar
Mike Kyle
Jared Rosholt
Shawn Jordan
Josh Copeland

Light Heavyweight:
Rashid Yusupov
Smealinho Rama
Teddy Holder
Ronny Markes

Middleweight:
Abus Magomedov
Aigun Akhmedov
Bruno Santos
Rex Harris
Louis Harris

Welterweight:
Jake Shields
Brian Foster
Rick Story
Joao Zerefino
Herman Terrado
Danny Davis Jr

Lightweight:
Will Brooks
Jason High
Chris Wade
Rashid Magomedov
Luiz Firmino
Ozzy Dugulubgov
Khusein Khaliev
Caros Fodor

Featherweight:
Lance Palmer
Alexandre Almieda
Andre Harrison
Steven Rodriguez
Magomed Idrisov
Firmino should've stayed at 145 for this tourny. $6mill tho, let's see if pfl pay there fighters the whole $6mill.

Some great fighters in there, pretty sure a lot of UFC guys would love to be cut and be able to take part in this

LHW needs some work.

All in all not bad though.

I'm non-ironically rooting for this to succeed. Love tournaments and it would be nice to see these winners get big paydays.

Firmino should've stayed at 145 for this tourny. $6mill tho, let's see if pfl pay there fighters the whole $6mill.
I hope they are getting paid the whole...but maybe PFL pulls the "Don King taxes for his family members"...like it happened to Witherspoon...i hope not.

Pretty solid. But really the majority were already signed from WSOF, plus a few new signings like Story.

I'm surprised Fitch didn't stay in PFL. He was already the champ and would have a good chance to win. Bellator is probably only paying him like $50k per fight.

So $1 million in each division?
That is a lot of average to below average fighters about to become millionaires

Imagine if they all turn into Conor level drama queens once they make a few bucks.

LHW needs some work.

All in all not bad though.
Brandon Halsey and Emanuel Newton could be good signings for PFL. Both are former Bellator tournament/world champions. Halsey didn't look bad at 205. Newton might need a can though.

Shamil Gamzatov beat Teddy Holder with ease in the WSOF. He was supposed to fight at 185 last year. Let's hope he's still down for 205. LHW needs him more than MW.

And then you could have Francimar Barroso........I mean, I guess. He's just a former UFC guy.

Philipe Lins and Francis Carmont were also just released by Bellator.

PFL could have a good picking here.

Last edited:
If all 6 finals are scored a draw they will save a fortune ($6mil to be exact)

I hope they are getting paid the whole...but maybe PFL pulls the "Don King taxes for his family members"...like it happened to Witherspoon...i hope not.
I just read the wiki entry for this ... goddamn I knew DK was a shit but I must've forgot about that incident

According to his manager, Abubakar Nurmagomedov is gonna compete in WW tournament. Also, not sure what's the source of this information but on Russian social media you can find info that Alexey Kunchenko (M-1 WW champion) is signed too and his first fight in PFL tournament is scheduled for July.

I'll admit I'm interested in seeing how this all comes off. At least someone is trying a different approach to MMA.

Hopefully guys stay healthy so it doesn't turn some of the weight classes into a total mess in the end.

P.S.: I'll be shocked if they can make any money off this. Hope they are invested for more than a one and done year.

That's a solid list of fighters they have in each division for the tournaments.

Any word on if John Howard will be in the WW tournament?

I still don't believe this is going to happen. They barely were able to get a broadcasting deal put together. I'm a little curious about how they're going to show the event, this is what the release said about it:

"According to the announcement, the 2018 PFL season will include seven regular-season events, a bracket-style playoff, and a $10 million postseason prize pool. The debut season has 12 fighters in each of six weight classes. Six of those 72 fighters will become a champion of his respective weight class at season’s end in a year-end finale.

The first event is scheduled for June 7 and runs consecutive Thursday nights. NBCSN will televise the main card in the U.S. (NBCSports.com and the NBC Sports app will also stream them) following prelims on Facebook. The events are available outside of the U.S. on Facebook.

The postseason takes place in October on consecutive Saturday nights. Champs will be crowned during a Dec. 31 season finale."

http://mmajunkie.com/2018/01/pfl-2018-broadcast-deal-events-nbc-sports-group-facebook

Does that mean June 7th and every Thursday until it's done, and then October to Dec 31st an event every Saturday? I'll believe it when I see it.

Does that mean June 7th and every Thursday until it's done, and then October to Dec 31st an event every Saturday? I'll believe it when I see it.

Wouldn't be MMA unless it was highly suspicious and dubious in the extreme.

I still don't believe this is going to happen. They barely were able to get a broadcasting deal put together. I'm a little curious about how they're going to show the event, this is what the release said about it:

"According to the announcement, the 2018 PFL season will include seven regular-season events, a bracket-style playoff, and a $10 million postseason prize pool. The debut season has 12 fighters in each of six weight classes. Six of those 72 fighters will become a champion of his respective weight class at season’s end in a year-end finale.

The first event is scheduled for June 7 and runs consecutive Thursday nights. NBCSN will televise the main card in the U.S. (NBCSports.com and the NBC Sports app will also stream them) following prelims on Facebook. The events are available outside of the U.S. on Facebook.

The postseason takes place in October on consecutive Saturday nights. Champs will be crowned during a Dec. 31 season finale."

http://mmajunkie.com/2018/01/pfl-2018-broadcast-deal-events-nbc-sports-group-facebook

seven regular season events

I presumed it would run from June 7 to July 26 (7 events) but that's not a lot of time to fight more than once. They'd get August and September off then back for the October playoffs, November off again then back for the finale in December. Oh I don't know how many Saturday events there will be, but this definitely sounds iffy.

seven regular season events

I presumed it would run from June 7 to July 26 (7 events) but that's not a lot of time to fight more than once. They'd get August and September off then back for the October playoffs, November off again then back for the finale in December. Oh I don't know how many Saturday events there will be, but this definitely sounds iffy.
Yes I know they said seven regular season events which means seven weeks straight. Guys having to fight multiple times that quickly might not work well with athletic commissions. Sure the contender series did that but only a couple guys fought that often.

Back