PFL $1M TOURNAMENT PARTICIPANTS (as of now)

Much respect to PFL for making effort in signing the best from around the world.

Bellator still has its blacklist on North Caucasian fighters i see. Signing Russians but barring Caucasus fighters is like signing American boxers but barring Blacks/Hispanics. How can you bar the dominant contingent?

So $1 million in each division?
That is a lot of average to below average fighters about to become millionaires

You really think the winners of each tourney here are average to below-average? <bball1>

I bet the million dollar prize is bs and they bullshit them with a contract to pay it out.

I bet the million dollar prize is bs and they bullshit them with a contract to pay it out.

Its possible the million dollar payout is a combination of the semis and finals, or something of that nature. Either way, I'm sure winning the tournament is lucrative for the fighter, albeit the "million dollar" itself comes with an asterix next to it. Fighters on the indy circuit fight for less, if they're being ripped off and misled, we'll hear about.

If PFL doesn't pay the winners accordingly the organization will be done after 1 season, the bad PR coming of managers like Ali will be more than enough to discredit PFL and no fighter will want business with them. It's legit.
Much respect to PFL for making effort in signing the best from around the world.

Bellator still has its blacklist on North Caucasian fighters i see. Signing Russians but barring Caucasus fighters is like signing American boxers but barring Blacks/Hispanics. How can you bar the dominant contingent?
Couldn't that be a coincidence? Bellator has only like 3 or 4 russians..

@SakuWandyCop

Bazigit Atayev (18-1) 265
Maxim Grishin (26-7) 205
Shamil Gamzatov (11-0) 205
Abubakar Nurmagumedov (14-1) 170
Gasan Umalatov (17-4) 170
Magomed Magomedkerimov (18-5) 170
Islam Mamedov (14-1) 155
Rashid Magomedov (20-2) 155
Timur Valiev (12-2) 145

and the part that worries me if it does work that way is fighters trying to play it safe by smothering their opponents for boring UD's

This is exactly what's going to happen. I'm genuinely rooting for the PFL because I want fans to see what MMA with the Ali Act and legit rankings will look like.

If the most important thing is simply not to lose you're going to see some serious no-risk combat cuddling, and there's no market for that.

Have they set the first event date yet? And what weight class? Are they a mix or one weight class a night? I heard it was going to be in june around january but havent heard much since.

If PFL doesn't pay the winners accordingly the organization will be done after 1 season, the bad PR coming of managers like Ali will be more than enough to discredit PFL and no fighter will want business with them. It's legit.
Kharitonov, Emelianenko, Nemkov, Shlemenko, Tokov, Koreshkov, Yankova - 7 + wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_current_Bellator_fighters lists Sidelnikov and Russian wikipedia says that Moldavsky has Russian citizenship.
So lack of fighters from Caucasus might be connected to the fact that majority of them is managed by Abdelaziz from PFL, because from what I seen both people who knows fighters and fighters says that Bellator offers them contracts. Plus, I think in this tournament if you won 7 fights you will get 1 million as the winner of tournament + money for each fight - Bellator won't pay you more than 1 million for 7 fights.

Kharitonov, Emelianenko, Nemkov, Shlemenko, Tokov, Koreshkov, Yankova - 7 + wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_current_Bellator_fighters lists Sidelnikov and Russian wikipedia says that Moldavsky has Russian citizenship.
So lack of fighters from Caucasus might be connected to the fact that majority of them is managed by Abdelaziz from PFL, because from what I seen both people who knows fighters and fighters says that Bellator offers them contracts. Plus, I think in this tournament if you won 7 fights you will get 1 million as the winner of tournament + money for each fight - Bellator won't pay you more than 1 million for 7 fights.
You're right, my bad.

<mma4>

UPDATES:

• Right now, there are 45 out of 72 participants. (63% complete)
  • LW and WW is almost complete, just need two more fighters from each div.
  • MW, HW, LHW, FW is still lacking roster
  • 37% of the current 45 fighters are Russians. (17)

UPDATES:

• Right now, there are 45 out of 72 participants. (63% complete)
  • LW and WW is almost complete, just need two more fighters from each div.
  • MW, HW, LHW, FW is still lacking roster
  • 37% of the current 45 fighters are Russians. (17)
I can't see how this tournament is going to go ahead for all the divisions they want, and to me it was too ambitious a venture, they should've just gone with the stacked divisions and given fights to the fighters from the other weight classes on those cards. They could roll out the season format once fighters see it's worth it and push to be involved. I still think PFL's real agenda is to lowball fighters and make as much as possible off them. Everything I've read about it makes it sound like a massive gamble for everyone except PFL.

Another participant, featherweight Max Coga.

Would have preferred to see him in the UFC.
Especially with UFC Hamburg coming up.

Last edited:
Convince me otherwise

Ho about the tournament ends? How do I to convince you otherwise on something that's not yet in completion? Let the fighters speak for themselves.

Its definitely not a coincidence, and if it is then that's a signing policy worth reviewing in itself. Having only few Russians is bad enough, and having even less N.Caucasians is worse when they have a large footprint in combat sport. Hence, why I used the Black/Hispanic boxers example. There's 4 major Russian promotions with hundreds of talent, and you're struggling to sign any?

With that being said, Coker started giving them the boot the moment he took office. Shahbulat Shamlaev was the FW Tournament champ and he got cut in 2014 when Coker joined. Sultan Aliev had only 2 fights and he got cut, then ended up signing with UFC.

Back