** PeteyandJia breaks down Nick Diaz vs. Anderson 'The Spider' Silva **

If Anderson's chin isn't shot then there really is no way, on paper, for Nick to beat him.

But then again this is mma and often times what's "on paper" doesn't mean a god damn thing. Thus I will watch.

Good read, Petey
aqDwC.png

I can't wait for this fight and it's only 4 days away
sadcam.png

Nice work on the breakdown, Problem is this is more or less a joke match up, makes me want to actually pick Diaz. It should have been at 170 imo. If Anderson is the top ranked middleweight why didn't he fight someone like Mousasi/Jacare/Machida/Rockhold... Hey Anderson, everyone gets old, there is a small window in this sport. Your going to get fucking retired by Weidman in your next bout anywho, The Diaz fight is pointless.

He gets a title shot with a win over an unranked WW, Nice work Dana.....Rashad should have dropped to 85 in 2008 and taken Andys belt.

Exactly what I thought when they announced the fight. Then after reading bunch of sherdoggers I change my mind and thought that Nick had a chance...

Diaz via total ass kicking.

Mods shouldn't be allowed to start threads.

My first live event. I'm a fan of both so don't care who wins although if Diaz could find a way to win.....wow

Good one petey

i loled at nick diaz has a pipe dream

Certainly an interesting fight in that it will most likely give us a good indication of Andersons level at the moment although I spose you could argue Nate's performance was a bit of a worry.

Pretty good read, I actually agree with the sub part, I think Nick has the BJJ to sub Anderson if he catches him slipping. I don't know if it would be as dramatic as Chonan, but I said it before in another thread, I could very well see Anderson hurting Diaz and dropping him, then going in for the kill, only to have Diaz snatch up a limb for the sub.

I wouldn't sleep on Nick's stand up either though, I think a sub is more likely than a KO, but if Nick catches him it could be night night, Anderson doesn't seem to have the same chin he used to, I say it because Chris rocked him with a punch in the clinch and seemed to have Anderson out for a split second.

If I were to bet, I'd put my money on Anderson, and I think he's gonna win, but I won't count Nick out completely.

Thanks petey, my inner pride fanboy is at its maximum.

278451d1349983139-football-manager-2013-release-date-borat-approves-meme-generator-i-am-very-excite-8d6743.jpg

I have so many question marks about Anderson after the two Weidman fights, especially regarding his chin and mobility. If it was pre-Weidman Anderson, I would have picked him in a heartbeat over Diaz, but now I'm stumped.

Diaz is going to make so many people on this site look like idiots.

This was always a dream fight of mine. Diaz' unorthodox style is a wild card no one will ever give any credit. No one boxes like him in MMA, and no one has demolished him on the feet. I truly believe he's talented enough to fuck up Anderson at the very least.

I agree with a lot of what you're saying, and I hope you're right. Much as I love Anderson, it's hard not to root for a guy with as much balls as Nick is showing here.

Certainly an interesting fight in that it will most likely give us a good indication of Andersons level at the moment although I spose you could argue Nate's performance was a bit of a worry.

I really wonder if Anderson will be throwing heavy legkicks for this fight.

Thanks for the usual entertaining banter petey.

I read it all, very good read! I'm also a fan of both these guys, and their styles. Nick is def outmatched but he's tough as nails and it will be interesting to see silva (try to) put him away

If Nick beats Silva and especially if he does it easily or really beats him for the duration then people will say its age. Then they will say he is just too old.

But as I said, at some point it has to be a factor. It may have already manifested itself against The Chris. It very well may do so again this Saturday.

Or the fact that Silva never really fought that high, elite level of competition posessed by a few great once in a lifetime in MMA? Look at Anderson Silva's resume and you don't think of "WHOA, All-Star MMA names", It's a bunch of mediocre people like Bonnar, Griffin, Chael, Leben, Leites, Irvin, Cote. He had a lot of low tier people fighting for him compared to an EXTREMELY high level like Nick Diaz. The first extremely high level athlete was Chris and we all saw what happened. Guys like Franklin and Lutter aren't even in the same league.

Or the fact that Silva never really fought that high, elite level of competition posessed by a few great once in a lifetime in MMA? Look at Anderson Silva's resume and you don't think of "WHOA, All-Star MMA names", It's a bunch of mediocre people like Bonnar, Griffin, Chael, Leben, Leites, Irvin, Cote. He had a lot of low tier people fighting for him compared to an EXTREMELY high level like Nick Diaz. The first extremely high level athlete was Chris and we all saw what happened. Guys like Franklin and Lutter aren't even in the same league.

Good points my man and nice post. I didn't start watching MMA until early 2012 so I didn't see those fights. Those were all before my time. I have seen replays of some like the Bonnar and Griffin fights and saw Sonnen 2 as it aired but I wasn't around at the time to know how those guys "ranked" in the scheme of things

Prior to Chael becoming a mouth piece during the Silva and Jones fights era I barely knew who he was and only seen him as a boring wrestler

Back