** PeteyandJia breaks down Nick Diaz vs. Anderson 'The Spider' Silva **

Excellent write up, I enjoyed reading every word.

I do think however, you missed one small fact.

Anderson Silva is 39 years old. At some point, age catches up to everyone. Do you think Silva loses to CW a few years ago? Do you think at some point a man starts to slow down - especially coming off of a horrible leg injury?

At what point does your speed slow, your reflexes fire off just a fraction too late, you ability to take a hit lesson, etc...

Silva is going on 40. He is a legend there is no question but at some point everyone man loses the final MMA battle to Father Time

If Nick beats Silva and especially if he does it easily or really beats him for the duration then people will say its age. Then they will say he is just too old.

But as I said, at some point it has to be a factor. It may have already manifested itself against The Chris. It very well may do so again this Saturday.

just want to see a good fight, been waiting for this shit a long fucking time

Excellent write up, I enjoyed reading every word.

I do think however, you missed one small fact.

Anderson Silva is 39 years old. At some point, age catches up to everyone. Do you think Silva loses to CW a few years ago? Do you think at some point a man starts to slow down - especially coming off of a horrible leg injury?

At what point does your speed slow, your reflexes fire off just a fraction too late, you ability to take a hit lesson, etc...

Silva is going on 40. He is a legend there is no question but at some point everyone man loses the final MMA battle to Father Time

If Nick beats Silva and especially if he does it easily or really beats him for the duration then people will say its age. Then they will say he is just too old.

But as I said, at some point it has to be a factor. It may have already manifested itself against The Chris. It very well may do so again this Saturday.

Good point. It is not a matter of if, it is a matter of when will Anderson's age catch up to him, if it hasn't already?

As far a speed is concerned, even a slowed down Anderson is quicker than Nick Diaz, I'd say.

But Petey did address most of this.

"And even if you are one of those who think that Anderson is more susceptible now to a knockout, or to legkicks, is Nick Diaz really the guy to exploit those two potential weaknesses?"

giphy.gif

Great job TS

Good job, Petey. MMA NEEDS more fights like this imo.

Good point. It is not a matter of if, it is a matter of when will Anderson's age catch up to him, if it hasn't already?

But Petey did address this.

"And even if you are one of those who think that Anderson is more susceptible now to a knockout, or to legkicks, is Nick Diaz really the guy to exploit those two potential weaknesses?"

I got you. I read that quoted part to be addressing the losses to CW though not age.

I am NOT in the Just Bleed God's church! But I am praying hard that Silva wins this. I honestly do not think I could follow MMA any longer hearing Silva haters saying "he was never that good, he lost to Nick Diaz". I'd lose my goddamn mind and kill them. I'm not cut out for prison.

Please, Just Bleed God, please!

Good read. I got silva via murder but if diaz wins im expecting 1000 threads about anderson being overrated,old,etc.
I dont like diaz,but yeah he got balls. Fighting anderson at mw,no ww other ww would(ask gsp)

Enjoyed that. As much as we all know the outcome I'm still pumped for this fight. Bob and weave Anderson returns.

"My fren, is just a sponsor. Is normal. Helax."
"Yeah, but wtf? How can you say you're a wizard, you ain't got no spells?"

Lmao.

Awesome post, thanks TS.

Diaz is going to make so many people on this site look like idiots.

This was always a dream fight of mine. Diaz' unorthodox style is a wild card no one will ever give any credit. No one boxes like him in MMA, and no one has demolished him on the feet. I truly believe he's talented enough to fuck up Anderson at the very least.

Well anyway, full disclosure of my lack of fighting expertise aside, when I look at this matchup I see one inroad for Nick to attack: A leglock. Heelhook, straight footlock, toe hold, kneebar, whatever. Just get ahold of oneathem damn Jon Jones-ish chicken legs, and make like DC at Popeye's.

You think Nick should eat Anderson's leg...the hell is wrong with you.

I hate to say it, but Anderson KO/TKO ROUND 1.
The good part is that it will be his last win in the UFC.

As a Diaz fan that wants Nick to win I don't like the matchup. It's so obvious about the mismatch in size. BUT...there's no way I'm not watching the fight w/ Nick and his Zero-give-a-fucks. If he's good w/ it so am I. Wonder who slaps who first.

So while I am hoping Nick pulls off a miracle, I am also just going to enjoy this incredible event for what it is: That super-rare mix of ultra-high level MMA, and complete & utter train-wreck spectacle.

couldnt have said it better myself

win or loose im a fan of both guys until the end.

god damn im so excited.

But I cant help to root for my homie!

Back