People with medical marijuana cards being denied firearms in Colorado

Should probably deny people with DUI, MIP, or any other alcohol related charges. Perhaps anyone who has a history of alcohol abuse including those who have sought treatment also.

Seems fair.

I dont either I even think ex cons should be allowed to own them. If they arent fit to have they rights be restored and be a man again than we done shouldnt have let em out in the first place.

Autos short barrels heavy calibers all that shit should be available to the citizens of this country

Once you start putting a ton of restrictions on something it ceases to be a right. I really do feel like if you say its ok that folks on this list and that list cant have one than its only a matter of time before you end up on a list too.

I agree, after people get out of prison, theyve repaid their debt to society, they shuold have the full rights of a citizen

if you start making restrictions, like "nobody who uses marijuana" or "nobody who does x." It opens the door to redefine the groups and keep guns away from anyone you dont like

I sure hope they are denying firearms to anyone who has ever drank alcohol... If potheads were shooting shit up in Colorado, I'm pretty sure our lovely media would let us know and I haven't heard of anything. Lots of reports on marijuana related DUI's, not so much about murder and shootings.

tumblr_mhv0sqwKwy1s4mly0o1_400.gif
Fuck I miss that show.

Yeah I don't see how this stacks up against the "Shall Not Be Infringed" part of your constitution.

question 11e of ATF Form 4473 - Firearms Transaction Record:
"Are you an unlawful user of, or addicted to, marijuana or any depressant, stimulant, narcotic drug, or any other controlled substance?
Warning: The use or possession of marijuana remains unlawful under Federal law regardless of whether it has been legalized or decriminalized for medicinal or recreational purposes in the state where you reside.
"​

Not sure how you gun nuts and freedom lovers let that one go.
I thought in order for someone to be denied a gun was having a felony. Is simple possession of marijuana a felony?

Giving the black market a reason to still be in operation. Smh.

Should probably deny people with DUI, MIP, or any other alcohol related charges. Perhaps anyone who has a history of alcohol abuse including those who have sought treatment also.

Seems fair.
See this will never happen. Alcohol, beer and Big Pharma grease palms.
Right now big pharma is worried about losing money to legalized weed.
They call up the hundreds of senators or legislators to do shit like this.
You would never see someone being denied a gun due to on a prescription or past DUI because those industries making it fucking rain in DC.
Always follow the money and then there lies the answer.

I understand why you cant buy a gun from an FFL dealer(question 11.e. on form 4473) if you have a medical MJ card but what about firearm possession/ownership? Does anyone know of laws or court trials where firearms have been confiscated from non-felonious MJ users?

They should have the right to own and buy a gun.
Ever smoke pot and get paranoid?

I'm not too sure I agree. You already can't have alcohol in your system and it's harder to tell if you're intoxicated on THC since the detection time is like a month after ingestion.

I think it's reasonable that a person has to choose.

i think you guys are upset at the wrong right being infringed on. Imo, anyways. Even if the two are connected in this case, and one leads to the other.

1) I can't own a firearm.
2) I can't do with my body as I please.

I can see reasons for #1, but #2 is never going to be dictated by anyone other than me.

I thought in order for someone to be denied a gun was having a felony. Is simple possession of marijuana a felony?

Depends on the State and that persons criminal record. In States with 3 strike laws, possessing a few grams could lead to life in prison for "criminals" with multiple MJ charges. There are inmates who have seen rapists and murderers enter and leave prison while they are still serving their sentence for MJ possession or dealing.

However, in most States, possessing small amounts is a simple misdemeanor and the person can be ticketed and realeased or arrested and processed based on the officers discretion.

Depends on the State and that persons criminal record. In States with 3 strike laws, possessing a few grams could lead to life in prison for "criminals" with multiple MJ charges. There are inmates who have seen rapists and murderers enter and leave prison while they are still serving their sentence for MJ possession or dealing.

However, in most States, possessing small amounts is a simple misdemeanor and the person can be ticketed and realeased or arrested and processed based on the officers discretion.
Yes well considering they are pointing to a federal law regarding drug possession is there a federal law against small possession that is a felony? ie not at the state level.

Just another reason why no one respects government.

Yes well considering they are pointing to a federal law regarding drug possession is there a federal law against small possession that is a felony? ie not at the state level.

No, not small amounts AFAIK.

And someone correct me if im wrong, but I beleive the Feds set guidelines on marijuana laws/penalties but the States write their own laws/penalties. Feds will usually get involved in large cases or ones that involve multiple States.

Last edited:
The executive has the power to interpret this as exempting medical card holders, and that's what I expect will happen. Maybe not in the next few years though.

I think it's a great idea. I don't care how well someone handles being high, i have to imagine that someone at one point will find it fun to go shooting while high. I do understand the argument that people are allowed to purchase alcohol and have buy firearms. I just think that many people think that being high doesn't mess with their judgement.

Yard sale? Gun show? Friend? Armslist? All legal methods for gun purchases without federal oversight. Also lol at the authority worshipper fascist fucks revealing themselves as closet gun control advocates in this thread.

Nobody is taking your guns!

*Don't break any law and are still denied.

Oh...ugh.. that doesn't count!!!

Let this be a lesson to conservatives and liberals. Conservatives support outlawing a plant. Now the government uses this against them. For liberals, yea you are trying to take the guns.

I think it's a great idea. I don't care how well someone handles being high, i have to imagine that someone at one point will find it fun to go shooting while high. I do understand the argument that people are allowed to purchase alcohol and have buy firearms. I just think that many people think that being high doesn't mess with their judgement.

This is such shitty logic.

Back