People with medical marijuana cards being denied firearms in Colorado

LiLoMMA

Lindsay Lohan's party belt
@Black
Reaction score
It isn't an open and shut case obviously.
Here's a source
http://www.coloradoindependent.com/161008/guns-marijuana-colorado-pot-firearms
However, as my friend found out, it is becoming difficult for any person who has a medical MJ card to purchase a firearm.
I thought it was bizarre and made fun of him for being a little bitch, but apparently it is a thing, and I made a point of accompanying him to the same store and watched them send him away again.
I'm not really a gun person, I operated one in high school as part of the drill team and also a part of the rifle team (easy classes, blah blah), don't own a gun, but seeing a person who is almost a shut-in being denied because of the overall climate against it despite no specific laws rubbed me the wrong way.
Anyways, my specific questions are...
1.) does it make sense to ban people with medical marijuana cards from owning firearms?
2.) if so, is it truly lawful and constitutional?

Also, if I'm missing something obvious, just rag on me, but hopefully I get some intelligent responses

I would think most pot smokers are anti-gun to begin with.

what his reason for his medical usage? Depression?

edit -- nevermind, just read it is federal law that a medical pot user cant own firearms. Perhaps your friend should've read up on the limitations and restrictions?

what his reason for his medical usage? Depression?

edit -- nevermind, just read it is federal law that a medical pot user cant own firearms. Perhaps your friend should've read up on the limitations and restrictions?
Perfect, thank you. I was all set to read federal laws and shit, then I figured someone in the War Room would know offhand

Perfect, thank you. I was all set to read federal laws and shit, then I figured someone in the War Room would know offhand

it was stated in the source you linked....

could've just read that.

^^^^^^^
,,You are intellectually right, I can only note that I prefer posting on Sherdog to reading random local news. I acknowledge that I probably should read them if I'm going to post them.
The point is the same though. Now we learned that federally you can't do that (even tho that's never stopped Colorado)
Do you personally think that every person with a marijuana card should be unable to buy firearms? If so, please explain

They should have the right to own and buy a gun.
Haha, I thought of you when I was at the store and watched a weird but good friend get turned away from literally the second amendment.
If someone told me I'd be offended by people turned away from buying legal guns a week ago, I'd laugh. Not out of disrespect, but just because I'm not a gun person in any way.
You're right. I probably made fun of you, but you were right.

question 11e of ATF Form 4473 - Firearms Transaction Record:
"Are you an unlawful user of, or addicted to, marijuana or any depressant, stimulant, narcotic drug, or any other controlled substance?
Warning: The use or possession of marijuana remains unlawful under Federal law regardless of whether it has been legalized or decriminalized for medicinal or recreational purposes in the state where you reside.
"​

Not sure how you gun nuts and freedom lovers let that one go.

"Are you an unlawful user of, or addicted to, marijuana or any depressant, stimulant, narcotic drug, or any other controlled substance?
Warning: The use or possession of marijuana remains unlawful under Federal law regardless of whether it has been legalized or decriminalized for medicinal or recreational purposes in the state where you reside.
"​
I acknowledge my legal defeat. Thread is now on whether you philosophically agree or not

Haha, I thought of you when I was at the store and watched a weird but good friend get turned away from literally the second amendment.
If someone told me I'd be offended by people turned away from buying legal guns a week ago, I'd laugh. Not out of disrespect, but just because I'm a gun person in any way.
You're right. I probably made fun of you, but you were right.
Hey, we all make fun of each other here. It wouldn't be the War Room if we didn't give each other a little crap.

Yea dude ATF issued some bullshit memo. No criminal record and my gun rights removed with no due process. Beware those alphabet agencies man most of them wield a ton of power and are one step away from going renegade on we the people.

I found out bout this horse shit right after I went to buy a glock 29 after getting licensed. Ive owned guns before but lost em when I had a fire and imagine my shock when I found out I am not allowed to shoot anymore.

Im waiting for this to go to the supreme court but after the case in nevada I dont have real high hopes.

I also dont have a whole lot of faith in the AG to help with this in one bit.

Only way around this I see is full legalization and the agencies are going to fight that tooth and nail til the last state fails.

What part of shall not be infringed are you fuckos having a hard time understanding.

To my gun brothers out there YOU WERE RIGHT when the government starts putting you on a registry denial of rights isnt far behind and if they can do me and millions like me like this than they can do you too.

"

Right ..... and that really needs to be changed

I acknowledge my legal defeat. Thread is now on whether you philosophically agree or not

I find most of this stuff to be an infringement of the 2nd amendment as when you add all of the caveats, is it really a right? Would people be as comfortable putting such provisions on other amendments, such as the 8th amendment?

tumblr_mhv0sqwKwy1s4mly0o1_400.gif

SHALL

NOT

BE

INFRINGED

i dont get how its debatable

I dont either I even think ex cons should be allowed to own them. If they arent fit to have they rights be restored and be a man again than we done shouldnt have let em out in the first place.

Autos short barrels heavy calibers all that shit should be available to the citizens of this country

Once you start putting a ton of restrictions on something it ceases to be a right. I really do feel like if you say its ok that folks on this list and that list cant have one than its only a matter of time before you end up on a list too.

Back