People with a VERY successful parent, that manage to surpass that parent.

Justin Trudeau is actually of mediocre intelligence and has never achieved anything. But he has the name,is very handsome and likeable.

And he had the media on his side. I don't think I've seen the Canadian media swooning over anyone so much as when he was being viewed as a runner. He definitely appears to have been chosen by other interests and placed in his position.

But in any case, that is all kinda besides the point in terms of where he ended up compared to his dad if all we are looking at is his success. His father I think will have left a better legacy though and will be viewed more favourably in history.

Tim Tszyu might overshadow his father when he's done, I never thought I'd say that

LMAO - I hope you're trolling. The dad was an intelligent guy, not an idiotic piece of shit.
He didn't say which parent. His mom was a prolific blowjobber, but Justin said "hold my dildo" and runs though entire parades with his mouth open.

iu

The Donald?

Gonna be literally thousands of examples, I'd guess.
Trump is the first example that came to mind for me as well. There really isn’t a better example I can think of in recent years. He didn’t just manage to surpass a very successful father, his achievements left his father’s in the dust.

Success is typically partly inherited. Access to top Tier Education, connections, Family name, Funds, etc. So many family businesses were Made huge by the second and Third generation.
You don’t have a clue what you’re talking about. Study after study on generational wealth shows that in 90% of cases it is exhausted by the second generation. This rises to over 95% by the third generation.

Simply put, any wealth you leave to your kids will be completely exhausted by them before they die, and if not by them, most certainly by your grandkids.

And it’s for the exact same reason that lottery winners also overwhelmingly (upwards of 70%) blow their entire fortune and lose it all. People who do not know how to create wealth cannot maintain wealth.

“Success” is almost never inherited, and when you do see success across two consecutive generations, it’s simply because the inheritor (like Donald Trump or Vince McMahon) themselves had qualities that enabled them to succeed.

This tired trope that the rich are permanently and perpetually rich and that the poor are permanently and perpetually poor is the lie losers tell themselves, among the many lies they tell themselves, to justify their own pathetic lives and their own inability to make anything of themselves.

You don’t have a clue what you’re talking about. Study after study on generational wealth shows that in 90% of cases it is exhausted by the second generation. This rises to over 95% by the third generation.

Simply put, any wealth you leave to your kids will be completely exhausted by them before they die, and if not by them, most certainly by your grandkids.

And it’s for the exact same reason that lottery winners also overwhelmingly (upwards of 70%) blow their entire fortune and lose it all. People who do not know how to create wealth cannot maintain wealth.

“Success” is almost never inherited, and when you do see success across two consecutive generations, it’s simply because the inheritor (like Donald Trump or Vince McMahon) themselves had qualities that enabled them to succeed.

This tired trope that the rich are permanently and perpetually rich and that the poor are permanently and perpetually poor is the lie losers tell themselves, among the many lies they tell themselves, to justify their own pathetic lives and their own inability to make anything of themselves.
Lay down the vitriol for a second and take a breath. Anyone who has been around wealthy circles know for an obvious fact that I am right, I don t care about your studies.
Didn ‚t you read the stats the guy above posted about more than 50% of people in the Forbes list having had a significant inheritance?You choose not to see a correlation? Go ask people who work for the most prestigious financial institutions, law firms and top corporations where they went to school. If you deny the existence of social circles in society, then I suspect that you have never been around top earning people.

Lay down the vitriol for a second and take a breath. Anyone who has been around wealthy circles know for an obvious fact that I am right, I don t care about your studies.
Didn ‚t you read the stats the guy above posted about more than 50% of people in the Forbes list having had a significant inheritance?You choose not to see a correlation? Go ask people who work for the most prestigious financial institutions, law firms and top corporations where they went to school. If you deny the existence of social circles in society, then I suspect that you have never been around top earning people.
You said you don’t care about studies, and have no problem dismissing much more robust studies in favor of a Forbes article that is much more limited and narrow in scope. It’s a joke.

The data is out there for anyone who isn’t just looking to reinforce their own personal narratives.

A recent 2019 study showed that the overwhelming majority of multimillionaires in the United States (meaning 30 million dollars or more) made it themselves. And those that didn’t, as stated before, were almost assuredly going to exhaust any wealth they’d inherited before they die.

Even those who inherit the family business can’t make it work. Barely 30% of family owned businesses make it to the second generation, and almost none make it to the third or fourth generation.

Instead of saying that a person’s success depends or partly depends on the wealth or success of their parents, what you ought to be saying is that it almost never depends on it.

If you don’t have the drive and determination to succeed in this world, you aren’t going succeed, no matter how much money or entitlements people throw at you.

Some parents don't want their children to outshine them.......
I dont think that is usually true. Usually they try to vicariously live through them and keep the wins rolling in,but this can sometimes make them be too hard on them. Floyd said he had to stop having his father train him because "It's never going to be good enough" and he felt that became detrimental to his training,and wound up training w his uncle instead.

I dont think that is usually true. Usually they try to vicariously live through them and keep the wins rolling in,but this can sometimes make them be too hard on them. Floyd said he had to stop having his father train him because "It's never going to be good enough" and he felt that became detrimental to his training,and wound up training w his uncle instead.

I did say some and I can only take my personal opinion into account and a couple of other people I've known.....

Reactions: HHJ
Alexander the Great
Floyd Mayweather Jr

Also non-soccer people will not recognize this but Paolo Maldini, son of Cesare Maldini is perfect example of this too
371px-Cesare_Maldini_-_AC_Milan.jpg
300px-Paolo_Maldini_-_Milan_AC_1996-97.jpg

Both played for same team.
Father was "just" considered one of the best italian defenders of his era, son is considered by many world's best defender ever

giphy.gif

This whole Kardash/ Jenner clan has out shined their successful parents.

Back