People with a VERY successful parent, that manage to surpass that parent.

Donald trump and tom segura his dad was hedgefund manager. Rachel wolfson is probably making more than her parents who are a judge and a D.A in las vegas

Michael Douglas. He got to see that beast Glenn Close naked when filming Fatal Attraction. Aside from Jane Goodall, no human has ever had that close of contact with a beast of the wild and lived to tell about it.

His dad was famous actor Kirk Douglas, FYI.

Last edited:
Charlamagne.
Might be a theme of kings being called "the great" fitting in here.

Vince McMahon Jr.

Vince Sr ran WWF for 30 years until 1982 then Vince Jr turned into a global multi billion dollar company.

Last edited:
It's so easy for people with a very successful parent to skate through life and never achieve greatness, never escape their parent's shadow.

But a few people managed to do it.

I can only think of sports examples though. Kobe Bryant, Klay Thompson, Steph Curry... any other examples? Especially outside of sports?
Bush Family for a couple generations, Trump, Vince McMahon.

Donald Trump
William Vanderbilt
Justin Trudeu
Elon Musk
With Trudeau it's more about the inbred nature of Canadian politics than actual achievements.

Its like with Sarkozys (ex president) son in french politics. They got pushed no matter what in an environment of elitist closed circuit. Kinda similar to Oligarchs. Thats why Canadian politics are so horrible nowadays.

Last edited:
Success is typically partly inherited. Access to top Tier Education, connections, Family name, Funds, etc. So many family businesses were Made huge by the second and Third generation.

With Trudeau it's more about the inbred nature of Canadian politics than actual achievements
Justin Trudeau is actually of mediocre intelligence and has never achieved anything. But he has the name,is very handsome and likeable.

How did Justin Trudeau surpass Pierre?
True. Pierre Trudeau is hated by many including myself but respected by all. Guy was highly intelligent and a top tier statesman. Justin is a convenient,progressive fuckstick that nobody takes seriously.

It's so easy for people with a very successful parent to skate through life and never achieve greatness, never escape their parent's shadow.

But a few people managed to do it.

I can only think of sports examples though. Kobe Bryant, Klay Thompson, Steph Curry... any other examples? Especially outside of sports?

Very uncommon. I would argue they are statistical outliers. Out of the ordinary vs natural state. Case and point, how do modern women move in 2023 vs when smaller government and when needing a man for literal protection and provisioning? People move different when there's a necessity for survival. People act a fool alternatively when there's fallback of the state, government handouts, divorce exit cash prizes, child support, simps, etc. Or in the case of the silver spoon. I knew a guy bragging about mommy and daddy's money. He lost his job, parents cut him off, and he is driving uber on route to a divorce. <Lmaoo>

I know 3 people who are fucking loaded. 2 are trust fund kids. 1 is self made. He moves different. Isn't dude bro in the rented BMW or wearing obnoxious designer gear. You wouldn't even know it. He blends in. He isn't in the Hamptons or a gates community. He isn't flexing mommy and daddy's money nor looking to get roped in by a gold digger sloot.

Every kid that I knew who was born into wealth on any level was arrogant. Smug and pompous like Jerry Seinfeld. The guy on the construction lot or the tradesman who built up a million dollar business self made makes 100% for better company. Salt of the earth quality people. A buddy had his trade business in the pandemic. Considered essential and he prospered with his hard work. 1st gen European. He came with his parents to the country and simply put, he out worked everyone. Met a traditional girl when she was 18. She wasnt hot girl summer and throwing her ass all over the place. She was with him before he built his empire. She got the ring, the kids, the white picket fence and a prenup. <Moves>

Justin Trudeau is actually of mediocre intelligence and has never achieved anything. But he has the name,is very handsome and likeable.

Like Obama, lol! A great speaker and social climber, but literally just did what Hilliary or GWB or Jeb or McCain would have done..

Like Obama, lol! A great speaker and social climber, but literally just did what Hilliary or GWB or Jeb or McCain would have done..
I think Obama is a fairly intelligent, thoughtful person. But I completely agree with the rest of that sentiment. He was just a standard politician in the Whitehouse. The only thing he really did was kill Osama Bin Laden… with his bare hands.

Ancients since Alexander the Great was mentioned

Charlemagne
Gaius Julius Caesar
William the Conqueror
Constantine the Great
Genghis Khan
Cyrus the Great
Ramses II

I think Obama is a fairly intelligent, thoughtful person. But I completely agree with the rest of that sentiment. He was just a standard politician in the Whitehouse. The only thing he really did was kill Osama Bin Laden… with his bare hands.

Lol! Obama was inexperienced with had to realize some unpleas

I didn't realize how many Canadians think Trudeau isn't intelligent. Last time I was in Canada was during his election campaign. He didn't come off as unintelligent. I've been living in NY since that winter and didn't hear too much about him aside from the deranged covid and trucker topics.

Back