People treating politics like a competition are weak minded.

It's a competition for the best ideas, though I agree that a lot of people end up blindly rooting for their team.

I think as we evolve and learn to implement our technology's to assist us in furthering our brain development, we will see the adversarial model disappear as higher brain function elevates us to cooperative means of understanding our reality, and to govern in a more logical way are actions.

It isn't really that. I discuss fairly often things I don't like about Trump, just not with leftists because it gets tiresome watching them just trying to throw as much shit as they can hoping something sticks, so the conversation is just silly to have.

"Trump said he might not accept election results. What an asshole". We're now over 3 months straight of an embarrassing denial of his win by the left. From recount, to abolish electoral college, to convince electors to change their vote, to a piece on who you have to assassinate to get a democrat in office. "All of his picks are racists." Fake stories about him wanting to go to war with Mexico, accusing him of being a spy. "Can you believe Trump criticized the supreme court?" Um, yes, our last president did it his during his goddamn state of the union, and got a standing ovation for it.

Considering the left was calling for his impeachment before he even took office, they've done a great job of watering down their own criticism so I just don't care what they have to say until something more substantial comes. If I could pick anyone to be president, it certainly wouldn't be Donald Trump, but he was better than the alternative, and he is the president of the country I live in, so it would be absolutely retarded for me to want him to do a bad job and to root for other countries to want the same.
LOL at "it isn't really that" then continues to blindly bash the "left"

LOL at "it isn't really that" then continues to blindly bash the "left"
What's "blindly"? I gave specific examples of why they want an irrational discussion. Your thread says "treating it like a competition", which is not the same thing as recognizing irrationality. If someone recognizes irrationality, that's now just being a partisan hack?

I think as we evolve and learn to implement our technology's to assist us in furthering our brain development, we will see the adversarial model disappear as higher brain function elevates us to cooperative means of understanding our reality, and to govern in a more logical way are actions.

You sound a bit like Deepak Chopra, but the one thing I'm certain of is that human nature is such that there will always be disagreements on how things should be. All the technology in the world won't change that.

Our resident futurist and philosopher has spoken.
giphy.gif

What is your educational background Exi?

What's "blindly"? I gave specific examples of why they want an irrational discussion. Your thread says "treating it like a competition", which is not the same thing as recognizing irrationality. If someone recognizes irrationality, that's now just being a partisan hack?
So you think the "left" all have some hive mentality? You are so caught up in the political team Bullshit to step away and look at what you wrote from another perspective. You just sum up every person who doesn't agree with you on any specific topic as the "left"

So you think the "left" all have some hive mentality? You are so caught up in the political team Bullshit to step away and look at what you wrote from another perspective. You just sum up every person who doesn't agree with you on any specific topic as the "left"
No, I didn't. I said the arguments from the left are silly, not that every argument is from the left. Ben Shapiro criticizes Trump all the time, and I don't think anybody anywhere considers him a leftist. Same with a lot of people on the right who give valid criticisms of things Trump does. Yeah, the left mostly does have a hive mentality, isn't that exactly what you said in the OP, or were you playing "team Bullshit" and only pointing it in one direction?

No, I didn't. I said the arguments from the left are silly, not that every argument is from the left. Ben Shapiro criticizes Trump all the time, and I don't think anybody anywhere considers him a leftist. Same with a lot of people on the right who give valid criticisms of things Trump does. Yeah, the left mostly does have a hive mentality, isn't that exactly what you said in the OP, or were you playing "team Bullshit" and only pointing it in one direction?
LOL you are so transparent...okay bud

I'm seeing trend that many people are treating politics like a competition. Most today don't care what is going on they only care rather or not they won or lost foolishly believing they are apart of some political team.

It's most common amongst trump supporters. They literally don't care what he says or does because they believe they are on the winning team. I see shit posted like "enjoy the next 4 years!" To critics of his antics as if it's some type of punishment to have him as president. The come into every discussion with the goal to defend their team instead of honestly discussing specific policies.

The real sad part is this is what the "haves" want the "have nots" to be doing! Pick a side and blindly defend it.

As someone who doesn't post in the the way you describe, it's worth pointing out that you're seeing it more from Trump supporters because he's the guy who won. Obama supporters and even O himself frequently spoke that way after the 08 election. With the changing political winds you're just seeing this forum take a big shift to the right (or maybe a shift against the democrats is a better way to put it). Yes, politics as a team sport is insipid and counter productive but to suggest it's one sided or unevenly practiced is ridiculous.

You sound a bit like Deepak Chopra, but the one thing I'm certain of is that human nature is such that there will always be disagreements on how things should be. All the technology in the world won't change that.

Deepak Chopra? If I didn't know better, I would think you where trying to insulting;)

I am not speaking of disagreement, or even healthy competition for that matter. We are a species that unlike any other is in the position to conscientiously and actively effect our evolution, and we are now learning through neuroscience and other sciences, that cooperation requires higher, and more complex brain function than that of lower function adversarial approaches that a baby or caveman would rely upon. Naturally we will effect change towards such advantages.

Now of course as our species fans out into the galaxy and other galaxy's over hundreds of millions of years, we will probably take many cultural forms, that will use violence to varying degree's, but it may just be the case that the greatest biological evolution may be an inevitable, "all roads lead" to non violence. You, and I will never know.

Deepak Chopra? If I didn't know better, I would think you where trying to insulting;)

I am not speaking of disagreement, or even healthy competition for that matter. We are a species that unlike any other is in the position to conscientiously and actively effect our evolution, and we are now learning through neuroscience and other sciences, that cooperation requires higher, and more complex brain function than that of lower function adversarial approaches that a baby or caveman would rely upon. Naturally we will effect change towards such advantages.

Now of course as our species fans out into the galaxy and other galaxy's over hundreds of millions of years, we will probably take many cultural forms, that will use violence to varying degree's, but it may just be the case that the greatest biological evolution may be an inevitable, "all roads lead" to non violence. You, and I will never know.

The Chopra comment was just in jest, but I strongly disagree with you about violence. As long as humanity exists, violence will exist.

As someone who doesn't post in the the way you describe, it's worth pointing out that you're seeing it more from Trump supporters because he's the guy who won. Obama supporters and even O himself frequently spoke that way after the 08 election. With the changing political winds you're just seeing this forum take a big shift to the right (or maybe a shift against the democrats is a better way to put it). Yes, politics as a team sport is insipid and counter productive but to suggest it's one sided or unevenly practiced is ridiculous.

Me thinks the fact that TS appears to believe that ( That its some sort of 85/15 right left split on the behavior he describes) , is a pretty solid indication that he's mostly all in on a " team " as well. We are all pretty much articulate monkies at this point , and way more prone to getting swept up in tribalism than wed like to believe. But no , its always the " other " people that do that , " those " people.

We're just correct and we know it........or something .

The Chopra comment was just in jest, but I strongly disagree with you about violence. As long as humanity exists, violence will exist.

My answer would largely depend on your definitions of violence. At face value, I just would say, "let's agree to disagree" and if you don't like it...

c05b2dbeb09bc025bcc7cdcfa9a68a72d4939bc71403074360a272e9e28969bb.jpg

<41>

Me thinks the fact that TS appears to believe that ( That its some sort of 85/15 right left split on the behavior he describes) , is a pretty solid indication that he's mostly all in on a " team " as well. We are all pretty much articulate monkies at this point , and way more prone to getting swept up in tribalism than wed like to believe. But no , its always the " other " people that do that , " those " people.

We're just correct and we know it........or something .
I don't even vote, and where did you pull this 85/15 number from? You can assign me to a team if it make you feel better but it doesn't make it so.

Yes, once it was better off, now, not so much. Or are you saying that it is the same, or better?

He said "political wasteland of the world" which implies a comparison to other countries, I opposed that we're a political wasteland compared to most countries on our planet, including most European countries.
I agree that we're not heading in the best possible direction but I see it more as a social problem rather than a strictly political one. I also think this development absolutely isn't as recent as most people believe, I also don't see this election as that much different from recent elections as most people do.

Also, there's always a certain bias when comparing present and the past, you probably know the following quote:

"The children now love luxury; they have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise. Children are now tyrants, not the servants of their households. They no longer rise when elders enter the room. They contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up dainties at the table, cross their legs, and tyrannize their teachers."
- Socrates (469–399 B.C.)

I don't even vote, and where did you pull this 85/15 number from? You can assign me to a team if it make you feel better but it doesn't make it so.

You dont have to vote to wallow in partisan smugness. If you honestly think one half of the population is afflicted with petty human tendencies at a noticeably greater clip than the rest , than yes.....you are infected as well.

You dont have to vote to wallow in partisan smugness. If you honestly think one half of the population is afflicted with petty human tendencies at a noticeably greater clip than the rest , than yes.....you are infected as well.
Where the fuck did I say anything about "one half"? Stop pulling shit out of your ass I never said.

Where the fuck did I say anything about "one half"? Stop pulling shit out of your ass I never said.

" Its mostly Trump supporters that do this "

yeah.......no , everyone does that shit. The only one pulling anything out of their ass is you , with the flimsy display of make believe objectivity.

" Its mostly Trump supporters that do this "

yeah.......no , everyone does that shit. The only one pulling anything out of their ass is you , with the flimsy display of make believe objectivity.
It's fucking true, It's literally the only way you can support the dumb shit that jackass has been doing.

In the Obama Era there wasn't much blind defending of the shit he did because there really wasn't any reason to, he didn't to anything ridiculous one would have to blindly support or defend. For the most part any defense or support I witnessed were based on people actually agreeing with the shit he did not just blindly supporting their team. I did witness a lot of blind hate for him based on him not being on peoples "team".

So no, not "everyone does that shit" some people are able to objectively look at each action and base their opinion on what they personally believe is right. Not just say" he's on my team and my team is right"

Back