People treating politics like a competition are weak minded.

Imalive

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I'm seeing trend that many people are treating politics like a competition. Most today don't care what is going on they only care rather or not they won or lost foolishly believing they are apart of some political team.

It's most common amongst trump supporters. They literally don't care what he says or does because they believe they are on the winning team. I see shit posted like "enjoy the next 4 years!" To critics of his antics as if it's some type of punishment to have him as president. The come into every discussion with the goal to defend their team instead of honestly discussing specific policies.

The real sad part is this is what the "haves" want the "have nots" to be doing! Pick a side and blindly defend it.

Last edited:
BnXVw0lIQAEIJ9W.jpg

Welcome to 2 party politics. Pick a side and defend every good and terrible thing about that side

I"enjoy the next 4 years!"

Reading this, I agree to a point.

There shouldn't be anything in the way of quality discussion between two or even three sides.

Especially these "4 years" guys

True Believers!!!
front.jpg

I'm seeing trend that many people are treating politics like a competition. Most today don't care what is going on they only care rather or not they won or lost foolishly believing they are apart of some political team.

It's most common amongst trump supporters. They literally don't care what he says or does because they believe they are on the winning team. I see shit posted like "enjoy the next 4 years!" To critics of his antics as if it's some type of punishment to have him as president. The come into every discussion with the goal to defend their team instead of honestly discussing specific policies.

The real sad part is this is what the "haves" want the "have nots" to be doing! Pick a side and blindly defend it.

Agreed, if you are on one team, or the other, you have already lost. The adversarial approach to politics has turned America into the worlds political wasteland.

Last edited:
We need to start having respectful dialog again, and realize we are all in this together. We are hurting no one but ourselves with all this violent communication. America in particular, is in a bad place right now, in a time where the rest of the world is catching up or passing them by. I truly believe that America won't be getting its shit together in time for them to ever be what they were again. That time has passed. imo

Frightening times for democracy, for liberty and the common mans capitalism.

Wow right wingers and left wingers are both retards? Who would've thought? In other news water is wet

The way they just blindly defend retarded things on both sides forced me to be an independent.

The adversarial approach to politics has turned America into the worlds political wasteland.

No it didn't. The current political system and political discourse is still at a much higher level than almost anywhere in the world.

Reading this, I agree to a point.

There shouldn't be anything in the way of quality discussion between two or even three sides.

Especially these "4 years" guys

True Believers!!!
front.jpg
Exibit:A

This clown constantly uses trumps presidency as some weapon and doesn't realise how dumb it makes him look

No it didn't. The current political system and political discourse is still at a much higher level than almost anywhere in the world.

Your political mechanisms are in a sad state, and the people are divided in unproductive ways. America has done better in the past. And it may be doing better than others, not that I like making such comparisons, but its the fact that it once held up hope for liberty and democracy to the world and now it has lost all such credibility in the world, that even the idea of of its jumping the proverbial shark gives me pause for fear. I have been watching American politics closely for 25 years, and am well versed in its history, and can tell you, all is not well.

Exibit:A

This clown constantly uses trumps presidency as some weapon and doesn't realise how dumb it makes him look
Try harder not to get triggered, and it won't have such an effect.

Wow right wingers and left wingers are both retards? Who would've thought? In other news water is wet

The way they just blindly defend retarded things on both sides forced me to be an independent.

I have been independent for a long time. The two party system is broken and corrupt and its time for the independents to create a new politic. Hell, even democracy has had its time and we could use a new ideology that can keep up with the times.

It's a competition for the best ideas, though I agree that a lot of people end up blindly rooting for their team.

Well you just did and said something completely different:

Yes, once it was better off, now, not so much. Or are you saying that it is the same, or better?

It isn't really that. I discuss fairly often things I don't like about Trump, just not with leftists because it gets tiresome watching them just trying to throw as much shit as they can hoping something sticks, so the conversation is just silly to have.

"Trump said he might not accept election results. What an asshole". We're now over 3 months straight of an embarrassing denial of his win by the left. From recount, to abolish electoral college, to convince electors to change their vote, to a piece on who you have to assassinate to get a democrat in office. "All of his picks are racists." Fake stories about him wanting to go to war with Mexico, accusing him of being a spy. "Can you believe Trump criticized the supreme court?" Um, yes, our last president did it his during his goddamn state of the union, and got a standing ovation for it.

Considering the left was calling for his impeachment before he even took office, they've done a great job of watering down their own criticism so I just don't care what they have to say until something more substantial comes. If I could pick anyone to be president, it certainly wouldn't be Donald Trump, but he was better than the alternative, and he is the president of the country I live in, so it would be absolutely retarded for me to want him to do a bad job and to root for other countries to want the same.

I agree it's pretty sad. I was thinking the other day about the similarities between Trump voters, and the occupy protests from a few years ago.

They're so far apart on the political scale the idea of them working together now is pretty much laughable, yet both groups have fairly similar goals relating to access to a better and fairer job market. They both feel the political elite and the 1% is to blame, but instead of working together the system sets them up for a series of retaliatory backlashes and moves which basically look like them cutting off their nose to spite their face.

If you want to go all conspiracy theorist on the subject, it goes much further than Hillary being a satanic pedo. The whole system looks to be based around divide and conquer tactics, with the elite doing the dividing and the people being conquered. The only way out is to have a system that prevents two parties becoming dominant. Washington had some interesting views on the matter, and I'm pretty sure he'd be rolling in his grave if he could see the way things currently are.

Back