PBC Spike July 29: Adonis vs Williams

I don't want to be the one to say it... But Adonis sounds like a peasant

Predictable but fun couple of rounds. I really worry about him against Kovalev. Stevenson will take a beating for 12 rounds against The Krusher and never be the same man afterward. Kovalev is stylistically a nightmare for this dude. Chickensen? I laughed. I think both men are letting their egos interfere with a fight that should happen before one of them looks real bad or loses to a 2nd tier fighter in this division.

Stevenson looked awful tonight. He proved he can take a punch and make a guy like Williams have a competitive go in an attrition style fight. Not so sweet science.

Stevenson got like 2 or 3 fights left.

He needs to fight Krusher NOW

Predictable but fun couple of rounds. I really worry about him against Kovalev. Stevenson will take a beating for 12 rounds against The Krusher and never be the same man afterward. Kovalev is stylistically a nightmare for this dude. Chickensen? I laughed. I think both men are letting their egos interfere with a fight that should happen before one of them looks real bad or loses to a 2nd tier fighter in this division.

Stevenson looked awful tonight. He proved he can take a punch and make a guy like Williams have a competitive go in an attrition style fight. Not so sweet science.

Stevenson stopped using his obvious straight left and used diffrent tools. and stevenson won every second of the fight and knocked him out in 4.

and kovalev gassed vs chillemba and blames the flu for the closer than expected fight.
(dont judge the fight based on boxrec scores it was in russia)

Stevenson did show a lot of versatility in this fight, but his right hand still lacking power.

The dude is as old as Floyd. He needs to try to unify his next fight. Forget Alvarez, hes a snoozer

Stevenson did show a lot of versatility in this fight, but his right hand still lacking power.

The dude is as old as Floyd. He needs to try to unify his next fight. Forget Alvarez, hes a snoozer

His right uppercut and right hook to the body say otherwise

Stevenson stopped using his obvious straight left and used diffrent tools. and stevenson won every second of the fight and knocked him out in 4.

and kovalev gassed vs chillemba and blames the flu for the closer than expected fight.
(dont judge the fight based on boxrec scores it was in russia)

Stevenson stopped because he didn't know how to deal with Williams Jr putting on the earmuffs and walking him down. As soon as the gloves were up and he was upright he was performing reasonably well, too well for someone that was hauled in to fight a lineal and WBC champ.

Kovalev sure did look mediocre against Chilemba. I was thinking exactly that as I was watching it: "Wow, he looks mediocre". Be that as it may, his kung fu is greater. Stevenson isn't as explosive as he was a couple of years ago. I see Kovalev's style trumping Stevenson's.

kovalev is overrated. stevenson is under rated (because of the pimp thing)
I see it as a closer fight but stevenson will run out of gas no matter what later. where kovalev can pace himself. and win the fight down the street perhaps a late ko

Kovalev sure did look mediocre against Chilemba. I was thinking exactly that as I was watching it: "Wow, he looks mediocre". Be that as it may, his kung fu is greater. Stevenson isn't as explosive as he was a couple of years ago. I see Kovalev's style trumping Stevenson's.
Stevenson looks mediocre against everyone before the KO

Very fun fight. Both guys showed weakness, and I think Ward will beat Stevenson and Kova

kovalev is overrated. stevenson is under rated (because of the pimp thing)
I see it as a closer fight but stevenson will run out of gas no matter what later. where kovalev can pace himself. and win the fight down the street perhaps a late ko
Respectfully disagree on both accounts. Kovalev beats the brakes off of him. Adonis packs a nice punch but Kovalev is better everywhere.

Last edited:
Those body shots immediately sapped everything out of Williams, leaving him a sitting duck for that left.

Kovalev toys with Adonis, unless he gets starched by the left, which is entirely possible.

Back