PBC Spike July 29: Adonis vs Williams

What a left hand, short and pretty! Ain't no gettin up from that one, dude tried though. Ha ha

Adonis had a difficult spot or two, but lets be clear, he only lost one round. To his credit , Williams didn't come into the fight to lay down. Poor Williams left his head over to the left one too many times, but he was was trying to bring the pain.

That left is deadly. Just because it's a left, it presents challanges from the get go. The power is fo real, what it hits, it hurts. His accuracy ups the potency by many fold. He can deliver at distance and in tight, plus he can loop from most angles, really its total sums up a special weapon.

Adonis is a test for the winner of this falls big fight - fingers crossed. Anybody who gets in the ring with him is in for a " pay close attention" night, you can't ever sleep on that left.

Stevenson stopped using his obvious straight left and used diffrent tools. and stevenson won every second of the fight and knocked him out in 4.

and kovalev gassed vs chillemba and blames the flu for the closer than expected fight.
(dont judge the fight based on boxrec scores it was in russia)

Chilemba isn't a scrub and he's an awkward guy to fight. He was (and still is) a RING ranked Top 10 Light Heavyweight (#7) when he fought Kovalev and was also previously Top 10 ranked by the TBRB for quite a while months prior to their clash. I gave him 3 rounds at most and that was against the worst version of Kovalev I've seen in a very long time. He looked very flat in there and many thought that he looked drained at the weigh-in. Chilemba was saved by the bell after he was knocked down with a hard 1-2 (got up at the count of 8 IIRC) and was holding on for dear life to survive that 7th round. He got beaten up in the following round too and at the end of the fight.

Their fight was in Russia but Kovalev hasn't lived there in years, and even when he did, he was never "their" guy. In fact, Beterbiev was their man, not Kovalev. That's his home turf more so than it is Kovalev's. The judges weren't Russian either. One judge was American, one German and the other Hungarian.

Stevenson can stick to fighting lesser competition twice a year on his own home turf. It's clear that he wants none of Kovalev (or Ward). Ward would school him badly. Kovalev would too and he'd knock him out given his disdain for him due to his blatant ducking. Boone knocked him out, in case you forgot (TKO'ed, still a knockout). Stevenson has a big left hand and he's pushing 40. So, let's not pretend that there's much more to "Superman". Thomas Williams Jr., whom Adonis just fought and KO'ed, couldn't even go the distance with an older, not to mention shot, Campillo, while Kovalev destroyed the guy in 3.

The left is something else and Kovalev got hit plenty in his last bout, but Stevenson was hurt SEVERAL times in that bout and I don't see him finishing a fight with Krusher.

Would would embarrass Adonis. It would be incredibly lopsided.

Or did you mean Woods would? Cause Clinton Woods would take all three scrubs at once., Ward, Kova, Adonis, hell give them Williams Jr also. I also agree

Back