Pavlovich seems to have Ngannou power with better boxing?

Meh Francis got the brakes beat off him in the first fight with stipe and scared stiff by Derek Lewis and Brock called him a pussy so it's equal lol
Brakes beat off him?
Stipe grinded Ngannou out until he gassed and wasn't able to finish a basically dead Francis that was not a destruction but rather a beatifully executed gameplan against a greener and lesser skilled fighter.
The Rematch shows what happened when Francis was better prepared.
Comparing Stipe during that fight with Old over the hill Reem is laughable

Pavlovich is a monster. He's big and carries little fat. He is near Ngannou level of power. Has great striking. Nothing we have seen so far says that he cannot march forward and slaughter the guy in front of him.

Doesn’t quite have that “out of this world type power” that Francis has, but seems very precise and has good timing for his brawling style.

His next fight with Blaydes is going to really show where he stands in this division.

He already got pummeled by old man overeem. No take down defense and no ground game whatsoever.

That take down come right after a big shot, and was a slick trip. I wouldn't beat alot of guys would be on their feet after that shot and trip combo

I think what he lacks in Francis physical gifts, his big and powerful but he's not nearly as quick.

I don't think he hits quite as powerful as francis. But he does hit big, and has impressed me a bit recently with although being super aggressive in pursuing the finish with strikes, was still making sure to keep his head moving off the center line while whipping his lunch box hands at peoples head to try and avoid incoming counter shots. I don't know if he's going to be able to capture the belt, but he's an unstoppable force type fighter for sure. He's coming at you with heat, and you're either going to drop or you need to either clip him back first or find a way to get him off his feet.

Ask Overeem. He fought both guys.

Brakes beat off him?
Stipe grinded Ngannou out until he gassed and wasn't able to finish a basically dead Francis that was not a destruction but rather a beatifully executed gameplan against a greener and lesser skilled fighter.
The Rematch shows what happened when Francis was better prepared.
Comparing Stipe during that fight with Old over the hill Reem is laughable

You're missing the point

My comment was stating that he got his ass kicked for 5 rounds and then went straight to losing arguably one of the most boring fights in UFC history and having Brock call him a coward...

And then coming back to win the belt.

Anything is possible just like Sergi is possible of knocking people out with one punch and winning the belt even after a bad performance like he had against overeem ... Both comparable... That was an embarrassing loss and so was Francis's first outing with Stipe and black beast.

You're missing the point

My comment was stating that he got his ass kicked for 5 rounds and then went straight to losing arguably one of the most boring fights in UFC history and having Brock call him a coward...

And then coming back to win the belt.

Anything is possible just like Sergi is possible of knocking people out with one punch and winning the belt even after a bad performance like he had against overeem ... Both comparable... That was an embarrassing loss and so was Francis's first outing with Stipe and black beast.
Nah youre missing the point the question of this thread was if Pavlovich has better boxing than francis which he doesn't really neither does he have that power.
I just commented on the fact that everybody shits on Gane for getting steamrolled by Jones but Pavlovich seemingly gets the benefitt of the doubt for no apparent reason.

regular russians suck

They really don't. They just tend to focus on other sports a lot more than combat. But there's plenty of very good Christian Russians the UFC badly needs to sign as well.

Pavlovich is a wish version of Ngannou. Lets be real, he has great finishes, but he wouldn't hit the list of top 10 most powerful guys in UFC, like Ngannou would probably be #1. Pavlovich's TDD could of improved but we have no idea, and Blaydes might be a test but lets not act like Blaydes is a spectacular wrestler either.

Pavlovich is a wish version of Ngannou.
Pav has slightly less power, but makes up for it with better cardio. Pav just needs to redeem himself from the Reem loss and stuff Blaydes a couple of times to equal Ngannou's TDD.

Looked fresh after 5 rounds

Last edited:
He definitely has power, no doubt about that. But Ngannou type power? I haven't seen anything to lead me to believe that.

That take down come right after a big shot, and was a slick trip. I wouldn't beat alot of guys would be on their feet after that shot and trip combo
He had already eaten half a dozen Uber knees to the gut so when Reem initiated the clinch after the overhand right, Pavlovich raised his leg anticipating another knee and Ubereem tripped him instead. Beautiful technique and instincts from AO.

Pavlovich is a monster. He's big and carries little fat. He is near Ngannou level of power. Has great striking. Nothing we have seen so far says that he cannot march forward and slaughter the guy in front of him.
Nothing we've seen besides a faded Overeem spanking him?

Not at all. He is powerful and he is a better boxer, but he doesn't have Ngannou's strength and speed. Taking and holding Big Frank down is a massively draining task. JJ knows it, that's why he took 3 years to bulk up.

Basically Pavlovich and Big Frank are nothing alike in physicality or fight style. The only thing they have in common is that they knock a bunch of dudes out. Lazy take that was parrotted.

controversial thing to say maybe? but watching this Russian...it seems like every time he connects he rocks his opponent....

No...no he doesn't seeing how he has to land a whole bunch of swarming shots to stop someone.

Ngannou literally needs one...

But let the russian ball sucking continue on this site ..i guess

Back