Paul Felder "I felt the tap just didn't care"

Oliviera was still moving. The ref should have seen the tap and stopped the fight. He was right there.

I have more of a problem with the bombs Ngannou dropped on Overeem knowing he was clearly out. That's a cunt's trick imho.
It's a bit cunty. Correct behaviour is this:

tumblr_p0ck8rb2NK1u2ragso1_500.gif

It’s not his job is a bullshit excuse. It’s about morals in my book. Just because the ref has a brain fart doesn’t mean he has to try and give the guy brain damage. It could be forgiven if he didn’t feel a tap but it appears he did.

It's so split second I'm not sure you're being fair here.

Oliviera was still moving. The ref should have seen the tap and stopped the fight. He was right there.

I have more of a problem with the bombs Ngannou dropped on Overeem knowing he was clearly out. That's a cunt's trick imho.

You keep fighting until the ref stops it. What if Overeem was not out completely, or woke back up and slapped on a submission? It is the refs job to defend the fighter and stop the fight.

This is the fight game. Your job is to defend yourself. Most fighters would rather have a fight stopped one punch too late than one punch too early.

Felder should have called the fight himself. I mean he is a commentator as well. Surely he can free lance as a ref for his own fights
If he felt the tap and kept going he basically did call the fight and simply kept going until he was told to stop.

You keep fighting until the ref stops it. What if Overeem was not out completely, or woke back up and slapped on a submission? It is the refs job to defend the fighter and stop the fight.

This is the fight game. Your job is to defend yourself. Most fighters would rather have a fight stopped one punch too late than one punch too early.

Overeem was dead to the world the second Ngannou hit him. Everyone knew it. He could have walked off if he wanted to, or pulled the first hammerfist after following him down. Instead he was in the process of hitting a clearly unconcious man for a second time with all his might when the ref intervened.

It's cunty.

I like Ngannou and hope he beats Stipe but there's an ugly side to his game that's not just satisfied with winning; he wants to leave his opponent injured.

There have been cases where fighters admit to hurting their opponent after the bell. I'm all for finishing the fight, in fact I think machida would've been very justified in continuing his attack on Munoz because it wasn't obvious he was out.

But there's been cases where fighters are completely spread out on the ground out COLD and the opponent keeps hammering them.

Hendo on Bisping is an example. Rampage vs Wand 3 is another.

Even Schaub vs CroCop had a huge shot after he was out.

Of course this is much more the refs fault than the fighters, it's the refs job to stop the fight after all. But if your opponent is CLEARLY out cold, it's not that hard to notice.
I think it's really bad when guys like Hendo admit that's what they did,and the fans applaud it to. That's reprehensible.

Bisping was completley out cold,the fights won,no need to do more damage. If you hear bisping account after the fight,he couldn't remember that he had fought. It took him a few hours to figure out what happened.

This need not have happened. 99 pct of the time I think the extra shots are accidental/out of control. But admitting to it fully like that,it definitley irks me

It's a bit cunty. Correct behaviour is this:
not every situation is like that. Many fighters are three moves ahead planning their next attack after a strike is thrown. Completley on the offensive

Oliveira didn't make the tap very obvious, it was a small movement. I wouldn't be surprised if it was a fake tap.
If you really want out, then tap like you mean it.

I think it's really bad when guys like Hendo admit that's what they did,and the fans applaud it to. That's reprehensible.

Bisping was completley out cold,the fights won,no need to do more damage. If you hear bisping account after the fight,he couldn't remember that he had fought. It took him a few hours to figure out what happened.

This need not have happened. 99 pct of the time I think the extra shots are accidental/out of control. But admitting to it fully like that,it definitley irks me

Paul Calder admitted it too...

And it's just as bad if you do it intentionally and don't admit it.

OK, so he feels the tap and then what does he do? He can't call the fight himself.

Getting tired of seeing this retarded thread reposted over and over again.

This isn't the same as telling a ref your opponent is choked out or stopping strikes because an opponent is KO'd.

If the ref doesn't acknowledge the tap and you stop fighting you are a god damn moron and had he got up and celebrated leading Dan to tell him to keep fighting and Charles came back and won you would all be saying he is a fucking idiot for stopping mid fight
He could signal to the ref like many other decent human beings have done in the past.
Brian stann signaled to the ref when he fought sakara and he hadn’t even tapped but was looking out of it .

That's not a quote. Also, what did you expect him to do? get up and celebrate and tell the ref "trust me, he tapped. raise my hand, you bald fuck."
No he should just keep brutally elbowing the guy repeatedly. What if they ref never stepped in? Should Felder just go ahead and kill him because the ref didn’t do anything ? Stop looking at things so black and white.
There are many angles here. Felder should use some common sense and a little compassion

the complaints about palhares weren't that he held on after the tap. it was that he held on after the ref already dove in.

when you're holding a sub, the literally only thing you're waiting for is the opponent tapping. you know when it happens, you can let go almost instantly. i have absolutely no beef with guys holding on to stuff until the ref waves the fight off, or touches them. but when that happens, you let go. not 2 seconds later, not one, not half. you let go immediately. in some cases, the ref had to tug on palhares for like 2 seconds before the fucker let go.

there is no excuse for his shenanigans. he's either dirty and shouldn't be allowed to fight, or he doesn't have the mental capacities to let go when he's supposed to... in which case he shouldn't be allowed to fight, either.

Also with Palharas the issue is not only is he a repeat offender but the submissions he used are extremely dangerous relative to a rnc for example

He could signal to the ref like many other decent human beings have done in the past.
Brian stann signaled to the ref when he fought sakara and he hadn’t even tapped but was looking out of it .

Your point is moot anyway because the ref saw the tap

Remember what happened to arona when he showed mercy. Where were you nerds then? Watchin wwe I expect.

It’s not his job is a bullshit excuse. It’s about morals in my book. Just because the ref has a brain fart doesn’t mean he has to try and give the guy brain damage. It could be forgiven if he didn’t feel a tap but it appears he did.

So the ref didn't see the tap, if Felder stopped then the fight would have kept going. Again he can't stop the fight, he's suppose to keep fighting until the ref stops it. It's not a situation where his opponent was KOed and he kept on hitting him, he felt a tap but the ref didn't stop it so his only option is to keep fighting.

Back