Paul Felder "I felt the tap just didn't care"

IIRC, his exact words were "Hell yeah I felt it!"

It’s not his job is a bullshit excuse. It’s about morals in my book. Just because the ref has a brain fart doesn’t mean he has to try and give the guy brain damage. It could be forgiven if he didn’t feel a tap but it appears he did.
if the guy your fighting lacks morals then you neednt show him any compassion. da bronx was happy to knee him in the face then tap out like a bitch when he had enough. morals work both ways.

did he make that exact quote? I mean you put it in quotations so i would hope for your sake he said that but i dont remember him saying that in the cage.
Exactly...it was more like " I sure did feel it but ref wasn't in position and I wasn't totally sure that C.O was wailing a bit cause he was still kind of fighting" - something along those lines

The issue with Palhares is that the ref had to pry him off from his submissions well after giving him notice.

I get that. I mentioned at the end that the issues relating to him being having to be pulled off by the ref is separate. However, I have seen people complaining literally that he held on like 1 second longer. Not many complaints with that, but enough to notice a bit of bias.

I get that. I mentioned at the end that the issues relating to him being having to be pulled off by the ref is separate. However, I have seen people complaining literally that he held on like 1 second longer. Not many complaints with that, but enough to notice a bit of bias.
the complaints about palhares weren't that he held on after the tap. it was that he held on after the ref already dove in.

when you're holding a sub, the literally only thing you're waiting for is the opponent tapping. you know when it happens, you can let go almost instantly. i have absolutely no beef with guys holding on to stuff until the ref waves the fight off, or touches them. but when that happens, you let go. not 2 seconds later, not one, not half. you let go immediately. in some cases, the ref had to tug on palhares for like 2 seconds before the fucker let go.

there is no excuse for his shenanigans. he's either dirty and shouldn't be allowed to fight, or he doesn't have the mental capacities to let go when he's supposed to... in which case he shouldn't be allowed to fight, either.

the complaints about palhares weren't that he held on after the tap. it was that he held on after the ref already dove in.

when you're holding a sub, the literally only thing you're waiting for is the opponent tapping. you know when it happens, you can let go almost instantly. i have absolutely no beef with guys holding on to stuff until the ref waves the fight off, or touches them. but when that happens, you let go. not 2 seconds later, not one, not half. you let go immediately. in some cases, the ref had to tug on palhares for like 2 seconds before the fucker let go.

there is no excuse for his shenanigans. he's either dirty and shouldn't be allowed to fight, or he doesn't have the mental capacities to let go when he's supposed to... in which case he shouldn't be allowed to fight, either.

Yes, I KNOW he has held on after the ref has called the fight and on an occasion or two (possibly more) the ref had to pull him apart forcibly. There are, however, some people who complain everytime he wins by sub and holds on a second or so longer until the ref calls the fight. As I said, I haven't seen many people reaching that far, but I have seen enough reach to notice at the very least some level of bias. The bias is well earned IMO as he has repeatedly held on long after the ref has stopped the fight to garner such bias from fans and detractors alike.

I was only noting a small double standard in this situation as a little "joke". I even mentioned that the times the ref has had to pull him off is not what I mean about 3x now.

Yes, I KNOW he has held on after the ref has called the fight and on an occasion or two (possibly more) the ref had to pull him apart forcibly. There are, however, some people who complain everytime he wins by sub and holds on a second or so longer until the ref calls the fight. As I said, I haven't seen many people reaching that far, but I have seen enough reach to notice at the very least some level of bias. The bias is well earned IMO as he has repeatedly held on long after the ref has stopped the fight to garner such bias from fans and detractors alike.

I was only noting a small double standard in this situation as a little "joke". I even mentioned that the times the ref has had to pull him off is not what I mean about 3x now.
yeah i wasn't trying to start shit, just debating it. we cool.

You've clearly never trained a day in your life... "Murderous psychopath" lol...

machidako.gif

"Go watch bowling instead!"

What are you some type of tough guy? You feel tough cuz you watch people fighting on a screen buddy? Wow you must be a real badass because you like to watch people take unnecessary brain damage after they're already out...

Wow you're so tough bro you watch UFC...

Sometimes you know your opponent is out. At that point if you keep dropping bombs on them you're an asshole.

Ive trained since 2012,and Machida was able to pull back the punch that time,but not every situation is the same and not every fighter can turn it on and off that easy. They are trained to attack attack attack. When someone goes down you keep hitting them,you never let someone off the hook. Its not easy to resist that in the heat of the moment,but what it IS easy to do is to pretend from your couch that everybody that does something you didn't particularly care for does it with malicious intent,that they purposely risk getting possibly disqualified for the sole purpose of getting a few extra hits in. Sure. Yeah.

A "murderous psychopath" would bomb the arena during his fight after handing out loads of free tickets on his own dollar. Or sneaking in a weapon to open his opponents gullet. Or killing his opponents family after a tough loss. Ngannou is a bad motherfucker... in regards to sport fighting. No need to lay "murderous psychopath" at the doorstep of any fighter.
<6>

That quote from OP isnt the whole story. OP is being a little weasel. Felder said that he wasnt sure if it was an actual tap or that he was trying to move but it felt like a tap. Imagine him letting up after the tap and turns out it wasnt a tap and Felder loses a very favorable position. The ref failed Oliveira, just like how he failed Felder when he got kneed in the face.

Also Oliveira could have kept tapping if he really wanted out that desperately, like someone said it looked like a weasel tap.

IIRC, his exact words were "Hell yeah I felt it!"

Yeah, it was something like that. Pretty cunty thing to do to someone if you know they've tapped, they were nasty elbows too.

Ive trained since 2012,and Machida was able to pull back the punch that time,but not every situation is the same and not every fighter can turn it on and off that easy. They are trained to attack attack attack. When someone goes down you keep hitting them,you never let someone off the hook. Its not easy to resist that in the heat of the moment,but what it IS easy to do is to pretend from your couch that everybody that does something you didn't particularly care for does it with malicious intent,that they purposely risk getting possibly disqualified for the sole purpose of getting a few extra hits in. Sure. Yeah.

There have been cases where fighters admit to hurting their opponent after the bell. I'm all for finishing the fight, in fact I think machida would've been very justified in continuing his attack on Munoz because it wasn't obvious he was out.

But there's been cases where fighters are completely spread out on the ground out COLD and the opponent keeps hammering them.

Hendo on Bisping is an example. Rampage vs Wand 3 is another.

Even Schaub vs CroCop had a huge shot after he was out.

Of course this is much more the refs fault than the fighters, it's the refs job to stop the fight after all. But if your opponent is CLEARLY out cold, it's not that hard to notice.

If that’s true the guys a fuckin arsehole end of discussion

That's not a quote. Also, what did you expect him to do? get up and celebrate and tell the ref "trust me, he tapped. raise my hand, you bald fuck."

Yeah, it was something like that. Pretty cunty thing to do to someone if you know they've tapped, they were nasty elbows too.

yeah, he should have got up, jumped on the cage, took the mic from Bruce Buffer announcing himself as the winner and raise his right hand with his left.

Felder did his job and didn't stop until the ref pulled him off.

Oliviera was still moving. The ref should have seen the tap and stopped the fight. He was right there.

The fucked up thing is Dan told Felder backstage he saw the tap but thought it was just Charles way of saying "nice shot, man"

It’s not his job is a bullshit excuse. It’s about morals in my book. Just because the ref has a brain fart doesn’t mean he has to try and give the guy brain damage. It could be forgiven if he didn’t feel a tap but it appears he did.

OK, so he feels the tap and then what does he do? He can't call the fight himself.

Getting tired of seeing this retarded thread reposted over and over again.

This isn't the same as telling a ref your opponent is choked out or stopping strikes because an opponent is KO'd.

If the ref doesn't acknowledge the tap and you stop fighting you are a god damn moron and had he got up and celebrated leading Dan to tell him to keep fighting and Charles came back and won you would all be saying he is a fucking idiot for stopping mid fight

Last edited:
Felder did his job and didn't stop until the ref pulled him off.

Felder should have called the fight himself. I mean he is a commentator as well. Surely he can free lance as a ref for his own fights

Back