Pat Healy Tested positive for marijuana ***Threads Merged***

Wow biggest win of his life overturned.

It's dumb enough people get suspended for cannibas, but overturning life changing wins due to a little weed is insane IMO.

All of this. Is it really that hard to hold off the weed till after you fight? Really?
I feel for the guys like Francisco Rivera who take an OTC supplement and then get banned for caffeine or some drug we never heard of. Weed smokers get no sympathy from me. It's not like their supplements were contaminated with marijuana. They made a conscious decision to smoke up before the fight knowing full well what the repercussions would be.

I don't know hpw these guys do it?! When I smoked weed all I was ever motivated to do was eat, watch Super Troopers, and smoke more weed.

How they can consider this any type of advantage i'll never know...

420 blaze it mega dorks

fVni1y5.gif

Why can't fighters stay off the weed leading up to a fight?

Have some self control people...

First the injury plague now the THC plague. I wonder what will be next. You would think a pro fighter making his living as a pro fighter would be able to just say no.

I don't know hpw these guys do it?! When I smoked weed all I was ever motivated to do was eat, watch Super Troopers, and smoke more weed.

How they can consider this any type of advantage i'll never know...

Im right there with you. I was always couch locked when I smoked. No matter what I smoked I was dumb, lazy, and just wanted to eat and watch TV and smoke more. My good friend smokes all day every day and the guy trains MMA, yoga, fitness...hes just an all out workout freak and he smokes like a chimney. Different people react differently to weed. And fighters like Nick Diaz, Matthew Riddle, and now Pat Healy use to it help with training and recovery most likely. My recovery is good food, sex, and sleep.

I don't agree that marijuana should be on a list of banned substances for fighters and I love smoking weed, dat my shit. But how the fuck do you not quit smoking for your UFC debut and possibly the biggest fight of your career? Mind boggling.

Yup just saw this. Not good for him. This whole marijuana thing is getting so stupid tbh.

It isn't stupid. They are professional athletes and they are expected to follow the rules put forth and act professionally.

I feel for the guys like Francisco Rivera who take an OTC supplement and then get banned for caffeine or some drug we never heard of. Weed smokers get no sympathy from me. It's not like their supplements were contaminated with marijuana. They made a conscious decision to smoke up before the fight knowing full well what the repercussions would be.

Exactly. I'm not even opposed to recreational marijuana use, but when you're a professional athlete that gets tested regularly for banned substances that includes marijuana and you choose to smoke knowing full well what the repercussions will be, you either could give two shits about your professional career or you're just stupid in my eyes.

It isn't stupid. They are professional athletes and they are expected to follow the rules put forth and act professionally.

Thats what Im saying. Its stupid that they are getting caught still knowing its banned. If they are going to smoke, smoke before training camp starts, and after a fight. They should be able to hold out for 8 weeks.

Back