Pat Healy Tested positive for marijuana ***Threads Merged***

My god. To actually see people defending fines and suspensions for marijuana metabolites is fucking pathetic.

I'm defending the fact that it's a FUCKING RULE RIGHT NOW. How hard is that to understand?

I agree, it's a stupid fucking rule. I smoke weed, I like weed. I think it's ridiculous that it's considered a banned substance. But the bottom line is, it's set in the rules and that rule was broken.

I didn't think so either, until I saw all the potheads on Sherdog who felt the needs to defend a grown-ass man who INTENTIONALLY pissed away $130,000 when he DELIBERATELY pick up the bong before getting tested.

So here's the dilema: did weed made them that stupid? or were they born that way?

I don't think it makes him "stupid", per se, but he made a mistake. A lot of intelligent people make mistakes. It's not like he fails every single time or something. He probably miscalculated how long it would take for the THC in his system to "wear off". Plenty of people make the same mistakes, like some people (who may actually be considered intelligent) on probation.

He did it to himself. His match is a nc now which pretty much means in never happened. He shouldn't get sub, fight or win bonus.

But it DID happen. It was also (as even Dana White thought) the BEST fight of the whole card.

If you read these forums lots of people have a problem with TRT, but the fact is TRT is legal and weed is not.

Also if it helps relieve pain isnt that beneficial to the fighter?

Have you tried smoking? I've been punched in the face while I was high as shit...and it still hurt! Plus, it's not like he was fighting toasted. I don't thin he had a blunt/bong/pipe/joint while he was entering the cage and I certainly did not see one while he was in the corner in between rounds. He could have taken ONE hit a weeks before and it could still show up. But through training (sweating and all that) he probably would get cleared if it was just a single hit. Point is, no one get high and stays high from smoking weeks ago.

I'm defending the fact that it's a FUCKING RULE RIGHT NOW. How hard is that to understand?

I agree, it's a stupid fucking rule. I smoke weed, I like weed. I think it's ridiculous that it's considered a banned substance. But the bottom line is, it's set in the rules and that rule was broken.

You sound like a fucking robot! "It's a rule. Rules are not to be broken. Rules rule the world! Rules, Rules, Rules, Rules, Rules."

inv_social_robot.jpg

No offence.

Just to throw my 2c on the pile of pennies....

You may need to change the rules, but right now MJ is against the rules. If it is policy of UFC to take bonuses away from the guys for failing drug tests, than taking the money is warranted....as long as the UFC is consistent and fighters know the consequences.

People keep acting like he is being fined 80% of his purse, but his purse is unually high because of bonuses. His contract has show and win money. His win money was forfeited due to the failed drug test. The bonuses were extra...that extra has been taken away. I feel bad for him, but those be the breaks for breaking the rules.

Caraway getting the bonus is just stupid. They should just vacate the bonus.

You sound like a fucking robot! "It's a rule. Rules are not to be broken. Rules rule the world! Rules, Rules, Rules, Rules, Rules."

inv_social_robot.jpg

No offence.

So no rules in life? Or we should just follow the good ones. If you want to smoke weed, that is fine, but you should be willing to accept the consequences. So in TX smoking a joint in front of a cop would end you up in jail. If you know that and go and do it, don't ask for people to feel sorry for you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ruckus245
Back