Pat Healy Tested positive for marijuana ***Threads Merged***

With global expansion of UFC, fighters should become more carefully.
In some countries marijane leads to death sentence.

Wow, at this point you'd think they would know better...

It will be metabolites again.

I just don't get it. Wasting time and money for someone with metabolites in their system that didn't enhance or impair their performance in anyway.

Somehow this seems counterproductive to an Athletic Commission.

Pot causes reduction of physical pain , thus it is banned.

I was all for Healy in this fight , but he screwed up.

Because certain things are legal in normal life doesnt mean they should be legal in sports too.

I can't help but laugh at the guy for losing all of that bonus money now because he was too stupid to not either smoke or digest or any cannabis during his training camp. Absolutely no sympathy on my part and I'm probably the biggest pot head on this forum.

It will be metabolites again.

I just don't get it. Wasting time and money for someone with metabolites in their system that didn't enhance or impair their performance in anyway.

Somehow this seems counterproductive to an Athletic Commission.
They're not wasting time or money. In fact, they'll make money off the fine.

It's unfortunate for him, but it's hard to feel bad. It's a simple fucking rule to follow ...

I'm all for smoking weed but since it's illegal and banned in MMA I don't understand how fighters can't take a break during training camp to detox and get it out of their systems so they don't test positive. It's not like it takes long to get it out of your system, especially with all the physical activity fighters do.

You don't think maybe Pat Healy tried to? I'm sure the guy's been smoking weed a lot longer than prior to his fight with Jim Miller.

Ariel Helwani ‏@arielhelwani 3m
Pat Healy has informed me that he has been suspended for 90 days due to the positive drug test.

Ariel Helwani ‏@arielhelwani 1m
... And the win has been changed to a no contest, per Healy.

I don't smoke weed myself but I don't care if others do so. But when you compete in professional sports and are subject to drug testing and it's going to cost you a bunch of money to do so, you'd have to be a moron to still do it. If you want to smoke pot, wait till you retire. Hard to feel sorry for people getting caught doing stuff that's clearly not allowed of them.

These threads always turn into a war on drugs but it's really just a fighter making a dumb decision.

Everyone should follow the Rassler's advice. It's a surefire way to lose 130k...but hey...at least you stuck it to the man!

he cheated. he admitted it. he acknowledges he broke the rules. why wouldnt it be overturned?

All of this. Is it really that hard to hold off the weed till after you fight? Really?

What "whole marijuana thing"?

That guys are still getting popped for it even though they know its illegal. Its ridiculous that its banned, and I bet it will be metabolites cuz he probably smoked like 10 days or a week before the fight thinking it would be clear.

You don't think maybe Pat Healy tried to? I'm sure the guy's been smoking weed a lot longer than prior to his fight with Jim Miller.

Because he has "smoked weed" in the past he should be exempt from the rule that you can't have anything in your system when you do a drug test? He obviously smoked or ingested it at the most a month before the fight, so that would coincide with it being during his training camp. Therefore he knew what he was doing and that he was aware of the consequences when he did it.

Back