Pac vs Loma

Nobody wants to see this fight except Loma fans,...Pacman's scalp will be used as justification of his GOAT status. They'll crow that Loma was smaller than Pac and Pac was robbed by Horn and is still a P4P fighter blah blah blah. So predictable.

You'll be hard pressed to find a bigger Lomachenko fan around here but I for one DON'T want to see this fight. I should add that I am also a fervent Manny fan. The Pac I saw vs Horn was a faded fighter, well past his best. If he fought Loma now I think he'd be soundly embarrassed and I don't want to see that. I don't think Loma himself would like to take the fight either because he knows what people will say if he beats a past it version of Manny.

Manny isn't beating him. The haters will just use it to poo poo on his legacy. I don't think it'll even be competitive.

You'll be hard pressed to find a bigger Lomachenko fan around here but I for one DON'T want to see this fight. I should add that I am also a fervent Manny fan. The Pac I saw vs Horn was a faded fighter, well past his best. If he fought Loma now I think he'd be soundly embarrassed and I don't want to see that. I don't think Loma himself would like to take the fight either because he knows what people will say if he beats a past it version of Manny.

I agree with most of this but I think Loma would jump at the chance. It would be his biggest fight against the biggest name with his biggest purse and no one else is lining up to get in the ring with him. Mikey Garcia doesn't want him. Crawford outgrew the weightclass above him. Linares is probably the only possibility but he isn't a big draw and he is probably a tougher opponent than Pac at this point.

It makes sense for Loma the same way Chavez Sr made sense for De La Hoya and De La Hoya made sense for Pacman. Plus Arum is all about feeding Pacman to his new cash cow. It's win win win for everyone except Pacman and his fans.

I agree with most of this but I think Loma would jump at the chance. It would be his biggest fight against the biggest name with his biggest purse and no one else is lining up to get in the ring with him. Mikey Garcia doesn't want him. Crawford outgrew the weightclass above him. Linares is probably the only possibility but he isn't a big draw and he is probably a tougher opponent than Pac at this point.

It makes sense for Loma the same way Chavez Sr made sense for De La Hoya and De La Hoya made sense for Pacman. Plus Arum is all about feeding Pacman to his new cash cow. It's win win win for everyone except Pacman and his fans.

You may well be right but I'm hoping that Loma doesn't take it if offered. That's just the fan in me though, I'd still watch it if it ever happened.

I like Pacquiao vs Matthysse as a fight more. Both guys are at that stage in their career where they probably don't belong against top 5 guys in their division, but both could be in fun fights.

I think that also had to do with size and I'm still questioning that whole quitting thing. He wasn't getting beaten up or schooled in there that badly. Wouldn't be surprised if he was paid under the table. All 4 of Lomas last opponents have quit including Walters who funny enough was also not getting beat up that bad before he quit. To me that all just seemed strange but not saying anyone was paid to quit. Just saying I wouldn't be surprised. These are fighters for heavens sake and I've seen Rigo knocked down and come back to beat up his opponent. This is the same guy who quit against Loma because of what? Hand injury? Fair enough. But from what I saw rigo was not getting handled to the point of quitting. He was just losing to a better fighter on that night who was also missing many of his shots.

Yeah Loma missed quite a bit but you have to factor in Rigos defensive reaction that night which was to bend at the waist and dip his head below waist level. It's pretty hard to hit someone who does this with a legal shot. And he did this a lot and that's a big reason why Lomachenko didn't land on him as much as he could have done. But Rigo couldn't do anything from that position because Loma got his hips in close and stifled him. That meant Rigo couldn't throw any counters at all like he normally does from that bent over position. All he had left was to clinch.

That was imho a big factor in why he quit despite not getting that badly hurt, he was incredibly frustrated because nothing that he was doing was working, he was effectively completely neutralized from an offensive stand point. Rigo knew that things were only going to get worse for him so he quit. His hand wasn't a problem because he wasn't able to land anything effectively at all for it to bother him. Loma's punches landed were fairly low but Rigo landed punches were half of Loma's again!

These fighters that quit against Loma are beat mentally because they reach a point where they realise they are helpless. It must be soul destroying to realise that despite training like a professional athlete and dedicating all those hours of practice to your sport that you are hopelessly outskilled by your opponent. Lomachenko takes his opponents soul.

We might as well think about Mayweather-Loma at catchweight

I'm more interested in seeing the fanbases fight.

I think itd be a bad thing for both fighters. Loma wouldnt want to be the guy that beats up an old legend, and Pac needs to stop fighting period. That being said...I like guys fighting each other and theyre both big names so I'd be lying if I said I wouldnt watch it!

I like Pacquiao vs Matthysse as a fight more. Both guys are at that stage in their career where they probably don't belong against top 5 guys in their division, but both could be in fun fights.

Fuck dude you are looking to see Pac murdered in the ring!

I would favor Pac significantly but if he gets caught by Matty at this stage in his career his voodoo witch family will need to commune with the dead next time karaoke night rolls around cause Pac won't be singing any other way.

Nomaschenko will beat the brakes off of Pac right now. Less than zero interest in seeing that.

Pac can take some easy pay days and ride off into the sunset. Or just hang them up now.

Ya this is not a good fight for manny at this point in his career. If i was loma i would be pushing for this fight. It would generate money and he would have a legends name in who he beat.

Rather see loma fight someone else

Pacquiao will fight Mike Alvarado and ride off into the sunset.

These fighters that quit against Loma are beat mentally because they reach a point where they realise they are helpless. It must be soul destroying to realise that despite training like a professional athlete and dedicating all those hours of practice to your sport that you are hopelessly outskilled by your opponent. Lomachenko takes his opponents soul.
Well if fighters quit like that because of frustration then I'm surprised none of Floyds opponents quit against him. Why is it only Loma? With all the fights I've seen where a fighter is broken mentally or frustrated why haven't they quit yet Lomas past 4 fighters have quit? Just seems weird. Even me someone who's not a boxer. If I'm getting frustrated I'm still fighting till the end especially with the money I know I'm making BUT if someone offered more money to quit I can see how that might be appealing.

Well if fighters quit like that because of frustration then I'm surprised none of Floyds opponents quit against him. Why is it only Loma? With all the fights I've seen where a fighter is broken mentally or frustrated why haven't they quit yet Lomas past 4 fighters have quit? Just seems weird. Even me someone who's not a boxer. If I'm getting frustrated I'm still fighting till the end especially with the money I know I'm making BUT if someone offered more money to quit I can see how that might be appealing.

Some guys are mentally tougher than others. there were a few guys that could of quit against pretty boy with all the punches he was landing but he knocked out alot at that time also.

With loma he is not hurting these guys to where there even close to being KO'd but they sure are getting frustrated. Its very strange and i question those fighters heart because most fighters would go out on there shield and throw caution to the wind

We have like 200 years of mythical matchups to bash through and we have landed on lomachenko ca pac man that isn’t old and going to get fucked up if he makes the fight?

Greb vs Jack Johnson (old version) anyone?

Nomaschenko will beat the brakes off of Pac right now. Less than zero interest in seeing that.

Pac can take some easy pay days and ride off into the sunset. Or just hang them up now.

Pac vs Conor in april?

In all those fights where the guys quit you could tell Lomachenko was starting to turn up the heat. Maybe they knew that a severe beating was on the way? It could also just be a coincidence that the guys he fought were all quitters. Floyd didn't really beat people up that much in his later fights with the notable exception of Hatton. Hatton was very frustrated in that fight which is why he clumsily lunged at Floyd and got check hooked to oblivion. He'd had been better off quitting.

In all those fights where the guys quit you could tell Lomachenko was starting to turn up the heat. Maybe they knew that a severe beating was on the way? It could also just be a coincidence that the guys he fought were all quitters. Floyd didn't really beat people up that much in his later fights with the notable exception of Hatton. Hatton was very frustrated in that fight which is why he clumsily lunged at Floyd and got check hooked to oblivion. He'd had been better off quitting.

I've read these far-fetched conspiracy theories and speculation as to why Loma's opponents are quitting. It was addressed at the Loma-Rigo press conference when a reporter (Fat Dan, actually) asked Loma why his last 4 consecutive opponents had quit on him between rounds. He specifically asked if Loma was breaking them mentally or physically, to which he replied, "both", as they're not mutually exclusive. It likely is a combination with the mental side being the primary key to it.

He starts by working on them mentally and, as you know, gradually increases the pace as the fight progresses. By the time he even starts to apply pressure consistently and impose any real degree of physicality, barring Sosa (who he beat the hell out of through accumulation) & Marriaga (who was bullied), they appear to have already checked out mentally. Two, arguably three of the Featherweights he fought also managed to find a way out against him so this really isn't "new". They did it during the fight instead of in between rounds; Jose Ramirez (debatable quit job), Gamalier Rodriguez (title defense) & Romulo Koasicha (his last title defense at Featherweight). The last two undoubtedly quit because they were that thoroughly outclassed and getting outpaced. These incidents weren't viewed as quit jobs per se because it was so evident that they weren't top fighters anywhere near the level he was operating at the time.

Furthermore, a number of his own sparring partners that he pays for work, naturally, are also being sent home early. Mark Kriegel from ESPN spent several weeks in Oxnard, California for Loma's last camp. This was his personal account of how Loma's intense sparring sessions went down.

Fresh sparring partners rotate in every three rounds, unless, as occasionally happens, they're prematurely overwhelmed by the sheer volume of punches -- every single one recorded and calibrated through the computer chips in his hand wraps -- or beaten into submission.
In the past weeks, he has gone against champions and sent them home prematurely. He has been wrestled and low-blowed. He'll return a foul quickly, with clinical precision -- a right hook to the cup, followed by a right uppercut -- that leaves his opponent gasping and calling for time. But I never saw him angry or tense.
A father's touch: The relentless regimen of Vasyl Lomachenko

Last edited:
We have like 200 years of mythical matchups to bash through and we have landed on lomachenko ca pac man that isn’t old and going to get fucked up if he makes the fight?

Greb vs Jack Johnson (old version) anyone?

Jack Johnson too big, Greb only has one eye.

Back