Pac vs Loma

Greeny500

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Who all wants this to happen? I’m a big fan of both guys and would love to see this fight. I wouldn’t necessarily count manny out either. I believe he has the skills to beat Loma but it’ll definitely be tough.

I could also see that fight being similar to when pac fought de la Hoya with manny getting beat up like Oscar did.. BUT ya never know, a fight is a fight

Manny would get embarrassed worse than Rigo. Rigo is one of the most craftily skilled boxers in the world and got absolutely handled to the point of quitting.

Manny is old. He won't beat anyone with any ability. Someone mentioned this potential fight a few weeks back and I likened it to Duran vs Camacho. I think thats about right.

Someone who losses to Jeff Horn will quit 8-10 rounds into the fight.

Nobody wants to see this fight except Loma fans,...Pacman's scalp will be used as justification of his GOAT status. They'll crow that Loma was smaller than Pac and Pac was robbed by Horn and is still a P4P fighter blah blah blah. So predictable.

Nobody wants to see this fight except Loma fans,...Pacman's scalp will be used as justification of his GOAT status. They'll crow that Loma was smaller than Pac and Pac was robbed by Horn and is still a P4P fighter blah blah blah. So predictable.

Show me one reg here in this forum saying Loma is the "GOAT"? He has a GOAT claim as an amateur boxer but not as a professional fighter. It seems you're getting the two versions of the sport mixed up.

Show me one reg here in this forum saying Loma is the "GOAT"? He has a GOAT claim as an amateur boxer but not as a professional fighter. It seems you're getting the two versions of the sport mixed up.

I'm being hyperbolic, don't take everything so literally.

Manny is old. He won't beat anyone with any ability. Someone mentioned this potential fight a few weeks back and I likened it to Duran vs Camacho. I think thats about right.
I think Manny would still beat Loma at this point, if only on size. That said, this is a shit fight and if it is put together it'll be an embarassment to the sport.

I'm pretty sure Pac is fighting Alvarado or Ponomarev anyhow.

I think Loma is (at least according to a poll) picking between Tank Davis, Berchelt, Garcia and Linares. That is unless he jumps to LW to face the Beltran/Moses winner to test the LW waters before he faes somebody of most substantial ability.

Lomachenko is moving up to 135lbs in his next fight in late April.
Ray Beltran is fighting in Mid-February. I'm not sure if Ray would be up to the task just 2 months later.
Jorge Linares fight in terms of purely timescales sounds more realistic - 3 months. Also, Linares sounds genuinely eager to fight Loma.
Loma won't be the same at 135lbs, but he'll be in more competitive fights.

That's why he's moving up again. What's the point of staying in a division, other than unifying (if you can get those fights), if your opponents can't offer you anything (at least on paper)? If you want to get a very rough idea of what he might look like at 135 then watch his 6 fights in the WSB (at 135 pounds). They're on YouTube.

I think Manny would still beat Loma at this point, if only on size. That said, this is a shit fight and if it is put together it'll be an embarassment to the sport.

I'm pretty sure Pac is fighting Alvarado or Ponomarev anyhow.

I think Loma is (at least according to a poll) picking between Tank Davis, Berchelt, Garcia and Linares. That is unless he jumps to LW to face the Beltran/Moses winner to test the LW waters before he faes somebody of most substantial ability.
Manny has lost his workrate. I don't think he can beat anyone that he can't knock out anymore.

Manny has lost his workrate. I don't think he can beat anyone that he can't knock out anymore.
You're definitely right, he's lost his workrate for a while, but I still think he's fast enough and hard hitting enough that Loma wouldn't win, particularly given that Manny's gotten more accurate as time has gone on

All of the WSB guys he beat went on to fight at LWW pretty much immediately. They're naturally bigger, sure. But they were still same day weigh-ins so they couldn't rehydrate to a much larger weight.
Lomachenko at 132lbs up until age 24/25 looked stocky, and will carry more muscle on his frame than optimal. Lightweights will come into the ring at around 150 and even higher. Lomachenko walks around weighing 138lbs so he loses the size, power (when important), stamina will take a slight dip but it is exceptional anyway.
Lomachenko at 126lbs, even to 130lbs however is a different animal. One of the very best I've seen.

Lomachenko weighs 138/139 on fight night at 130. His walk around weight is in the low 140's. He also spars with Middleweights and has dropped them. These Lightweights are in for a surprise. Remember this post. How often do you really see him sit down and throw full power shots? Look for the strain on his face when he throws if you can't spot the weight transfer and following through with shots meant to take out his opponent. He'll put on some mass (a few pounds probably) and these larger Lightweights will force him to punch them harder in order to get their respect. Once he gets to the position he wants he'll hit them much harder than he has at 126 and 130 (light punches mostly).

Last edited:
He's said himself on numerous occasions recently that he walks around at 138 btw (the same weight he walked around at in his 126 days). He stays in shape. Maybe he walks around for a short period of time at like 142 when he's eaten a few pies but we're not talking about fat weight here. There's a recent video of him last week/this week dipping into an ice cold lake and he looks at his fight night shape.
We're essentially getting the FW Lomachenko who appeared vs Russell Jr (minus the weight cut, which is something I guess), against all of these big cats.
Yeah, he will have to put on 2lbs of muscle to feel more comfortable.
Yeah good point, I think he becomes a little more economical at 135 as a result because he'll be trying to get their attention more. On the flipside, this doesn't bode as well from a competitive standpoint against those who like to rack up points using volume, and even effective aggression. It does make sense given Lomachenko's output dropped from his 126 days vs 132 days in the ams (in a way which isn't solely based on the point-scoring change).

All in all, I'm expecting him to come in on fight night at around 141lbs when he's a fully fledged LW. Puffed up pigeon fighting weight cutters. Unfair in many ways but that's life.
His S&C coach, Flores (formerly worked with Sergio Martinez et al) said this last month before the Rigo fight. He's not in "fight shape" after a fight but he's still in great shape year round particularly in the low 140's, even at around 145 I'd imagine. The difference is he isn't being a weight bully by going into fights this heavy by rehydrating well into the 140's on fight day, he's always been 10 pounds or less in rehydration (I can think of two reasons for this). We'll see what he weighs at LW. Probably a ripped 142 or so. He means 138/139 in "fight shape" not walk around weight.

“Lomachenko does have a little bit of a height advantage but Rigondeaux has, I think, a two and a half inch reach advantage. I know Rigo fights at 122lbs but I’m sure he doesn’t walk around at that weight throughout the year. Lomachenko puts on an average of 8-12lbs after a fight. They’re both small guys but I’ll tell you this - Lomachenko will be stronger, and that will be a major factor, plus his speed in being able to dominate Rigo.”
Lomachenko Coach: Rigo Will Have To "Fight" if He Wants To Win

By Flores' statement, it seems like he is in the late 140's but given Loma's and Klimas's statements and the general gist of the comment (going by Flores' own formula by mentioning that Rigo doesn't walk around at 122lbs, Flores could then be referring to Lomachenko's weight gain from 130lbs which is thus more in line with everyone's statements).
I'm not trying to act like a sharp thorn in the thumb btw just to get it out there. Yeah, a ripped 142 seems most likely.

That very well could be what Flores meant. Though I've seen Loma looking around 145 before and still in shape in videos at their gym doing walking handstands on the thicker side (muscular) when out of competition. He regularly spars 15x4 rounds with 30 second breaks. Larger fresh guys rotate in every few rounds. You'd burn a lot of calories doing this and get back into around fight shape if you're 5+ pounds over very quickly. But yeah, anything above 142/143 in lean muscle and he'll start to look noticeably more stocky. His lower legs and calves are sticks so he could put a few pounds of muscle on those alone with leg presses.

Look at his biceps here. You don't get a "pump" like that by simply playing a game of volleyball

Look at the fullness of his face in this photo and how thick his neck looks

Last edited:
Prime vs Prime it would be a hell of a fight at 130. Manny was a special blend of speed and power. Not as versatile as Loma though.

Manny would get embarrassed worse than Rigo. Rigo is one of the most craftily skilled boxers in the world and got absolutely handled to the point of quitting.
I think that also had to do with size and I'm still questioning that whole quitting thing. He wasn't getting beaten up or schooled in there that badly. Wouldn't be surprised if he was paid under the table. All 4 of Lomas last opponents have quit including Walters who funny enough was also not getting beat up that bad before he quit. To me that all just seemed strange but not saying anyone was paid to quit. Just saying I wouldn't be surprised. These are fighters for heavens sake and I've seen Rigo knocked down and come back to beat up his opponent. This is the same guy who quit against Loma because of what? Hand injury? Fair enough. But from what I saw rigo was not getting handled to the point of quitting. He was just losing to a better fighter on that night who was also missing many of his shots.

Manny is way past his best. He can’t keep the pace for a full 12 rounds and has lost his explosiveness. Loma would outbox him to a wide UD at this point.

Back