Overwatch Official Discussion, v3: I'm a Bastion Main, Brah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching Seagull play him and he looks nutty. Interesting to see if he goes live like this.

Watching Seagull play him and he looks nutty. Interesting to see if he goes live like this.
He looks fun as fuck to play. So many people are trying to get into the PTR right now that its going buggy. His reveal trailer is so dope in that anime style animation.

He looks fun as fuck to play. So many people are trying to get into the PTR right now that its going buggy. His reveal trailer is so dope in that anime style animation.
Yeah no one seems to be finding games right now. A Sombra will leave Doomfist completely fucked.

Yeah no one seems to be finding games right now. A Sombra will leave Doomfist completely fucked.
Definitely. I'm very surprised he wasn't made a tank. Sombra and Symm STILL need to be reclassified as defense heroes.

His difficulty is 3 stars, that will give him more longevity. Also he has boop ability, should be good fun on certain maps.

His difficulty is 3 stars, that will give him more longevity. Also he has boop ability, should be good fun on certain maps.
His mobility is insane. Reinhardt is going to get picked even less if he goes live like this. There's not a chance you're holding a choke against a Doomfist as Reinhardt.

The Reinhardt charge they give probably shouldn't be on a 4 second cool down. Pros seem to be saying hes broken.

Holy Shit, its really Doomfist and he looks fucking badass! Hes even got fighting game moves like a shoryuken.

Might have found my new main, damn bro. This game just keeps getting crazier.

Tell me about it, Overwatch's all I've played this year, i have a lot of other games in cold storage and it seems like they will be that way the rest of the year. Pretty smart of them, they time their events, hero releases, etc to keep you hooked at the right time.

Just another hero i can suck with, nothing to see here.

tumblr_mreczsWyFw1r8nxtno1_400.gif

By "out" I mean 2 weeks

Over is so addictive, i got banned/suspended from comp, i still play qp lol

Holy Shit, its really Doomfist and he looks fucking badass! Hes even got fighting game moves like a shoryuken.

Might have found my new main, damn bro. This game just keeps getting crazier.

I like how they are slowly adding characters to. What I like about MOBA's is they have a lot of characters and add more but they always do it every month and that's way to often.

I like how they are slowly adding characters to. What I like about MOBA's is they have a lot of characters and add more but they always do it every month and that's way to often.
Overwatch's ever 4 or so month addition is perfect imo. They said once they add a good stable of characters though that they'll tone it back. Jeff said in an interview that the goal is to have enough characters of each specification that a meta can't possibly exist and therefore everyone just picks who they like. Not sure how many characters that would take though. Sounds like a lot.

Overwatch's ever 4 or so month addition is perfect imo. They said once they add a good stable of characters though that they'll tone it back. Jeff said in an interview that the goal is to have enough characters of each specification that a meta can't possibly exist and therefore everyone just picks who they like. Not sure how many characters that would take though. Sounds like a lot.

Oh wow I like that idea. Like you said though how many is that? I wonder if they even know at this point or are just playing it by ear.

Oh wow I like that idea. Like you said though how many is that? I wonder if they even know at this point or are just playing it by ear.
No idea but I assume playing it by ear, yeah. I tried Doomfist once I got home and the 3 star is justified. He isn't at all easy to play. The small shield he gets when landing a punch doesn't improve his survivability by all that much.

Yep and its alot harder to create and balance an FPS character vs a top down Moba.

I think they should top out at roughly 30-40 characters, possibly 50. IMO theres no way this game should have 100 characters like a Moba, too many matchups to remember and its bad for the esports side as well. It would be similar to a fighting game roster in that way.

I think the pace is good, a few more maps would be nice but they've also stated that they don't want to release too many maps since it takes a while to really become familiar with a map and all the strategies within it. Which I can kinda relate to since I'm still learning how to play the current maps and getting better as a result of knowing the maps inside out.

Doomfist Impressions

Ok had my run with Doomfist on PTR, some initial impressions

- overall seems pretty powerful, I predict he will be used in comp much quicker than Orissa and Sombra. Expect quite a few Doomfist instalocks on QP and Comp when he's released

- left click is kinda like Torbs main weapon but less powerful, right click is his main melee attack with short cooldown of 4 seconds. He's somewhat similar to Genji in terms of getting into melee range, and playing off the cooldowns on abilities. Very ability based so a hack from Sombra might screw him up and his range is limited so heroes like Pharah will mess him up.

- Has a lot of hidden depth and combos, there's several ways to chain abilities together, hitting a character off a wall does extra damage, etc.

- Its very hard to tell right now how good he is because on PTR basically everyone plays Doomfist, in a real comp game with hero limits it will be interesting. Looks like he's going to mess up tanks pretty bad since his right click melee attack goes through shields. I think he's going to be a lot more fun in a real comp game when he's knocking around Reins and Hogs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back