Overwatch Official Discussion, v2: ELO Hell (hello darkness my old friend)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So another D'va style tank? I have to wonder if she'll be a tank though, we already have Doomfist(that's still a thing, right?) somewhere down the line. Between season's would be the best time to introduce a new character. Give people the time between to mess around and see what she can do and in what situations she'll be viable.
People are likening it more to Reinhardt, someone that can anchor down a point, hence the name "Anchora" that has begun surfacing, not sure how true that name is, but the spider mech idea seems to be catching steam. An omnic-mech style hero does seem likely considering the excerpt about that little girl Efi and how she's some robotics genius. Big money is on the hero being a creation of hers.

I just hope it's not another sniper character. No more, please! But knowing Blizzard they'll make a sniper tank.

Finally got my SLI working properly, squeeze a little more life out of my ancient GTX 670 FTW's.

I guess the new character isn't the Spider Tank design or Efi herself. She apparently plays a role in the story of the new character.

When does the new season start?
Tuesday.

Jesus Christ can the new hero be released already though? I've been wanting a new character to play and I didn't take much of a liking to Ana or Sombra and I'm hoping I'll like this one enough to put some real hours in on comp with them. New characters have that window where everyone is still figuring out how to use them and counter them. If you can learn and enjoy a new character fast you can get some dominant games in.

Can't watch now, what does he say?
Kaplan debunked the hero speculation on the spider tank. I'm thinking Efi has something to do with the upcoming short film, which is when they will likely officially unveil the new hero. Weird that there is no leaks this time like Sombra and Ana.

Kaplan debunked the hero speculation on the spider tank. I'm thinking Efi has something to do with the upcoming short film, which is when they will likely officially unveil the new hero. Weird that there is no leaks this time like Sombra and Ana.
Maybe instead of a spider tank its more like a RC spiderbot that she can control within a certain radius. Something like Junkrat's ult.

Jesus Christ can the new hero be released already though? I've been wanting a new character to play and I didn't take much of a liking to Ana or Sombra and I'm hoping I'll like this one enough to put some real hours in on comp with them. New characters have that window where everyone is still figuring out how to use them and counter them. If you can learn and enjoy a new character fast you can get some dominant games in.
Yeah, they usually take their time with new heroes unfortunately, I'm thinking around mid March to April is when we can expect a new hero, or at least an official reveal.

Yeah, they usually take their time with new heroes unfortunately, I'm thinking around mid March to April is when we can expect a new hero, or at least an official reveal.
I'd prefer if they would hold off on it and dump more than one hero at once. Imagine if three heroes in different classes went live on the PTR at once? Would be nuts.

I'd prefer if they would hold off on it and dump more than one hero at once. Imagine if three heroes in different classes went live on the PTR at once? Would be nuts.
That would be a welcome change, I hate when a new hero drops, and you gotta pick em before anyone else. Would be cool if they did this with maps too, release it as an expansion.

That would be a welcome change, I hate when a new hero drops, and you gotta pick em before anyone else. Would be cool if they did this with maps too, release it as an expansion.
I understand why they don't though, it would probably be very hard to get the balance right. Look at Ana. They released her and she was shit and then they buffed her and she broke the meta. What if there were three characters? It would make the tweaking harder I bet.

Doesn't really apply to the maps though.

Mei is my most disliked character. I'm just about to use my ultimate visor and there are 4 enemies in my reticle and the Mei on MY team throws an ice wall in front of me.

Mei is my most disliked character. I'm just about to use my ultimate visor and there are 4 enemies in my reticle and the Mei on MY team throws an ice wall in front of me.
Gotta hate when your ult gets cock blocked, almost as much as I hate using my ult with Genji...only for Zenyatta to deny me with his ult.

Last edited:

Yea Mei's one of those characters that can really hurt her own team if she's not good. Had one guy on my team who got so pissed when this guy picked Mei and had no idea how to use her wall. Was constantly just throwing up the wall to block the team instead of timing it to cut them off from each other.

I don't Mei all that much (and like using her). She does frustrate me if I'm against a good Mei as a healer because they often block me from healing tanks. Seeing my tank slowly change color on the other side of the wall and eventually die hurts...

My most hated is Roadhog by far. I get fucking tilted at times when I'm running around (or skating around, with Lucio) and I get hooked and insta-killed out of the blue. Bloody hell is that a bitch.

I don't Mei all that much (and like using her). She does frustrate me if I'm against a good Mei as a healer because they often block me from healing tanks. Seeing my tank slowly change color on the other side of the wall and eventually die hurts...

My most hated is Roadhog by far. I get fucking tilted at times when I'm running around (or skating around, with Lucio) and I get hooked and insta-killed out of the blue. Bloody hell is that a bitch.
Yeah it seems like whenever I play Lucio there's always a roadhog hooking me again and again and again.

Mei is bae tho

Blizzard just tweeted out a pic of Numbani and multiple dead bots.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back