Overwatch Official Discussion, v2: ELO Hell (hello darkness my old friend)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think his primary weapon should do more damage. He gets owned by most in 1v1s mainly because he just does piss poor damage. His ult is probably the most terrible in the game too.

His ult is so ridiculous. Massive health? For what?
To stand in the middle thrashing about and get taken apart.

The damage he does in ult is also pitiful.

I hate Genji too. He and Winston could stand to be buffed I think.

I'm not sure Genji needs a buff. Whenever people are good with him he's a pain in the ass. I haven't put nearly enough time in the character to actually know one way or the other.

Winston without a doubt needs a buff. I like the character and his abilities, he's fun to play with. He dies to way to easily at this point though.

You communicate with your team? Eww.
I agree, but let's not forget Widow's ult is the worst in the game.
This is true. Top 5 worst ults are:

1. Widow
2. Winston
3. Sombra
4. Roadhog
5. Tracer

I'm not sure Genji needs a buff. Whenever people are good with him he's a pain in the ass. I haven't put nearly enough time in the character to actually know one way or the other.

Winston without a doubt needs a buff. I like the character and his abilities, he's fun to play with. He dies to way to easily at this point though.
I think Genji would get played a lot more if his primary weapon damage went up. Always thought it was kind of low. But yeah, Winston has no survivability. His bubble sucks and his primary does no damage at all.

His ult is so ridiculous. Massive health? For what?
To stand in the middle thrashing about and get taken apart.

The damage he does in ult is also pitiful.

Yea you pretty much have to trap someone in the corner for one kill or use him on levels where you can knock people off.

This is true. Top 5 worst ults are:

1. Widow
2. Winston
3. Sombra
4. Roadhog
5. Tracer
I can understand Roadhog having a shit ult. Can you imagine how broken he would be if they gave him a good ult?

Tracers' ult depresses me. Even if you stick it to someone it can't kill any of the people you really need to kill anyways.

I can understand Roadhog having a shit ult. Can you imagine how broken he would be if they gave him a good ult?

Tracers' ult depresses me. Even if you stick it to someone it can't kill any of the people you really need to kill anyways.
Yeah I guess Roadhog would be pretty ridiculous with a powerful alt. Tracers pulse bomb needs a damage buff for sure though.

Yeah I guess Roadhog would be pretty ridiculous with a powerful alt. Tracers pulse bomb needs a damage buff for sure though.
She can charge it so fast that I understand the reasoning behind the damage dealt but it still feels bad when you stick it to someone and they live.

I play Genji alot and don't think he needs a buff, imo he's one of the most difficult to learn characters but the most rewarding to play. But with this ridiculous new Bastion buff, I'm finding it hard to kill Bastion, he can heal through deflect and run away in recon mode. IMO Genji is no longer the hard counter to Bastion he used to be but my teammates still expect me to melt him at will, sorta how people expect 76 can kill Pharah easily when its actually really hard against a good Pharah.

I love playing Winston too but he feels underpowered but in Korea he's considered one of the best characters, I think he's deceptively hard to use at an high level. The key is using the leap in, shield and leap out at the right time, getting angles, etc. He's similar to Genji in that his value is not that apparent to his teammates, hes a disruptor.

But overall I'm disliking the new balance changes, Mercy's rez is too powerful now imo since she and her teammates and invulnerable now for the first few seconds, and bastions ironclad passive needs to be toned down to 20-25% max.

I think Winston ult is a lil underrated. Don't use it to get kills. Use it to break up death-balls, isolate healers, remove enemies from high or flanking positions, get environmental kills, knock enemies off the payload, stall a point, and defend against enemy ults.

Hopefully the new bastion gets rid of the tank meta.

The tank meta was already dying after the Ana nerf. Rare to see pro's run more than 2 tanks these days. Some teams are even running 4 dps 2 support in some situations.

This new Bastion meta sucks. Every match is Bastion, Reinhardt, Mercy, Ana.

Hopefully the new bastion gets rid of the tank meta.
I'd rather deal with the triple tank meta over this Bastion shit show. All this is now is who can protect their Bastion the best.

Last edited:
Add to this that he isn't an interesting character to play, every response and voice line is a boop/beep. Widow maker does well against Bastion but dies quickly against anyone that gets close :confused:

Edit : update 2:06 has arrived, hopefully new hero, D. Va fix, Bastion fix.

Last edited:
Never played Bastion before this update...wow what a beast. Love the new Bastion.

Introduce a tank after buffing the character that melts tanks. :(. She does sound like she'll be fun to play though.

Introduce a tank after buffing the character that melts tanks. :(. She does sound like she'll be fun to play though.

Sounds like they are trying to find an alternate for Rein. Doesn't sound like she'll be enough.

Sounds like they are trying to find an alternate for Rein. Doesn't sound like she'll be enough.
Yeah that looks like what they're going for. I haven't looked at any ptr footage yet to see how she plays.

Also, couldn't you boop bastion when he was in turret mode before?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
durbanik916
Back