Overwatch Official Discussion, v2: ELO Hell (hello darkness my old friend)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Helpful Lucios' are a godsend. The ones that try to be dspStanky on the other hand..

Interesting you mention him, because after hearing so much about him I only recently watched a few of his videos. The guy is amazing at wall rides and traversing the map. It seems to put him in great positions for surprise boops and obviously gives him insane survivability while providing area healing. I've never thought of, let alone tried to, play like that with Lucio. Instead, I try to stay along the backlines, save my 'amp it up' for when teammates get really low on health or when an ult is used that needs a big speed boost (like Hanzo's or Mei's). Meanwhile, I'll provide some steady fire and chip away at opponents. I'm also generally on the lookout for Symmetra, Mei, Reaper, Rein, DVa, and other close-range characters attacking teammates and will do the speed-boost + boop on them. I've really grown to love using Lucio--a long way from the early days of spamming 'amp it up' on heal 90% of the time.

Interesting you mention him, because after hearing so much about him I only recently watched a few of his videos. The guy is amazing at wall rides and traversing the map. It seems to put him in great positions for surprise boops and obviously gives him insane survivability while providing area healing. I've never thought of, let alone tried to, play like that with Lucio. Instead, I try to stay along the backlines, save my 'amp it up' for when teammates get really low on health or when an ult is used that needs a big speed boost (like Hanzo's or Mei's). Meanwhile, I'll provide some steady fire and chip away at opponents. I'm also generally on the lookout for Symmetra, Mei, Reaper, Rein, DVa, and other close-range characters attacking teammates and will do the speed-boost + boop on them. I've really grown to love using Lucio--a long way from the early days of spamming 'amp it up' on heal 90% of the time.
He's fun to watch with those wallrides for sure. I have a friend who tries to play like him and it can be really useful. She has amazing survivability but she's rarely on heal so we need another support to make up for that lack of heals.

Speaking of DSPStanky I had a Stanky wannabe in a game earlier today on the other team on a payload map. I was playing McCree and I must have stunned and killed him about 9 or 10 times. A dude on his team types in the game chat "fucking reddit lucios" lmao.

Lol I heard that the new Bastion can survive Reapers ult point blank.

Speaking of DSPStanky I had a Stanky wannabe in a game earlier today on the other team on a payload map. I was playing McCree and I must have stunned and killed him about 9 or 10 times. A dude on his team types in the game chat "fucking reddit lucios" lmao.
kek

There's been a surge in Reddit Lucios since the "backwards wallriding" upgrade. He's just too much fun now and I find myself pointlessly going JetSetRadio on occasion and picking 1v1's I would've ran away from otherwise. Lucio has become a master of giving players false confidence.

I was wondering why I've been seeing so man lucios trying to stay on the payload by themselves. It's so stupid I just start swinging my hammer around aimlessly and I kill them every time easily. I don't have to aim or anything cause they are just around the payload.

Only CNY skin I wanted but didn't get was the Rein.

Only CNY skin I wanted but didn't get was the Rein.
Bummer. I didn't get that one either, nor Roadhog's. Got Winston's like 4 times though. Thankfully I got the ones I considered must-haves (Mei, Tracer & Zen) but had to use gold on the latter two.

I got both Mei's, Tracer, Junk, and Zen. Didn't want D.Va or Winston, and I despite Roadhog.

Rein's is cool because of the Axe. I would've bought it, but only had around 2500G.

Rein is the only skin I wanted and thankfully I got it. I also got Mei's and Roadhogs also.
For me the must have skins were Mei and D.Va and I got them. I ended up buying the Mercy one since I got her HL intro and didn't have a good Mercy skin. Got the Bastion and Symmetra ones from loot boxes, I really like the former because of the CHICKEN! I need to get that Ganymede HL intro to show off mah chicken every time I get a no skill left click play of the game.

For me the must have skins were Mei and D.Va and I got them. I ended up buying the Mercy one since I got her HL intro and didn't have a good Mercy skin. Got the Bastion and Symmetra ones from loot boxes, I really like the former because of the CHICKEN! I need to get that Ganymede HL intro to show off mah chicken every time I get a no skill left click play of the game.

Nice I actually got Dva and road hog not sure why I wrote Mei. I did want the Mei one but oh well.

Nice I actually got Dva and road hog not sure why I wrote Mei. I did want the Mei one but oh well.
The Chinese New Year event might've been the best event so far. Great skins and the new game mode was a lot of fun. I like the Halloween game mode but for people who aren't good as the four heroes they chose it could only be so fun and Mei's snowball adventure was fun for one match. Anything beyond that was insufferable.

The Chinese New Year event might've been the best event so far. Great skins and the new game mode was a lot of fun. I like the Halloween game mode but for people who aren't good as the four heroes they chose it could only be so fun and Mei's snowball adventure was fun for one match. Anything beyond that was insufferable.

I liked the Halloween one the best. Thought almost all the skins looked good in that one.

I liked the Halloween one the best. Thought almost all the skins looked good in that one.
The skins were better, especially Junkestein's Monster and Witch Mercy which is Mercy's only good skin IMO, but I really liked CTF.

Lost 100 Sr yesterday. Feels bad. Me and the group I was with couldn't get anything going. Didn't help that our reddit Lucio got all pissy and stopped communicating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back