Overeem/Blaydes Swapped to FS1 & Anderson/Holm Moved to PPV

the card is amazing tho compared to the shit we had recently.

Loss 43–16 (1) Francis Ngannou KO (punch) UFC 218 2 December 2017 1 1:42 Detroit, Michigan, United States
Win 43–15 (1) Fabrício Werdum Decision (majority) UFC 213 8 July 2017 3 5:00 Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
Win 42–15 (1) Mark Hunt KO (knees) UFC 209 4 March 2017 3 1:44 Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
Loss 41–15 (1) Stipe Miocic KO (punches) UFC 203 10 September 2016 1 4:27 Cleveland, Ohio, United States For the UFC Heavyweight Championship. Fight of the Night.
Win 41–14 (1) Andrei Arlovski TKO (crane kick and punches) UFC Fight Night: Overeem vs. Arlovski 8 May 2016 2 1:12 Rotterdam, Netherlands Performance of the Night.
Win 40–14 (1) Junior dos Santos TKO (punches) UFC on Fox: dos Anjos vs. Cerrone 2 19 December 2015 2 4:43 Orlando, Florida, United States
Win 39–14 (1) Roy Nelson Decision (unanimous) UFC 185 14 March 2015 3 5:00 Dallas, Texas, United States
Win 38–14 (1) Stefan Struve KO (punches) UFC on Fox: dos Santos vs. Miocic 13 December 2014 1 4:13 Phoenix, Arizona, United States

yes cause being 6-2 in his last 8 only losing to the champ and no1 contender gets you demoted by a fight with no drawing power. What really happened is that the UFC thinks they can draw more ppl into this PPV by giving them a good fight on the prelims. in wich they are right ofc!!

Welcome all to the new world! Where forced equality water down and ruin most things and segregation is cool again. Just let people decide what they want and give that to them instead of telling us we like WMMA and forcing it upon us.

Having WMMA fights was ok at first and I’ve been genuinely entertained by a few but forcing this shit over quality fights is getting out of hand.
I’m more offended that a pro wrestler is on the main event than women. You aren’t?

Women fights actually do great ratings on free TV. Page, Waterson, Rose and Holly all had better than average ratings on Fox and FS1/2.

That's cause it's free...haha...a fighters true worth comes out in the ppv...are people willing to pay to watch you fight...with women, it's a big fat no...

That's cause it's free...haha...a fighters true worth comes out in the ppv...are people willing to pay to watch you fight...with women, it's a big fat no...
UFC is getting to make more from TV content deals then PPV. 250M for fox/whoever, 150M for ESPN+, international deals etc. That 400M in just US based TV deals is the same as 13.33M PPV buys (UFC had 8.3M PPV buys in 2016). So TV is actually more lucrative than PPV in the modern market.

Just what i wanted! Listen to holly holm make weird noises as she boxes the air for 3 rounds? Thanks WME!!
Whey is holly still relevant tbh, she 1-4 in her last 5....

I’m more offended that a pro wrestler is on the main event than women. You aren’t?

Yes and no.

Yes in the sense that he has no business fighting in the UFC. If he worked his way up from other organizations would be different but he didn’t. It really screams of circus sideshow.

No in the sense that if that’s what people want then so be it. If there is a demand the let it be. I could be wrong but with 90% of WMMA I feel like the fans just don’t care yet we are forced to watch it.

They're making money by giving people what they want. People like WMMA. That's why they're doing it. To making fucking money and put asses in seats. Your dislike for it doesn't mean shit and doesn't mean anythign for the business of MMA
Yes! The people want a guaranteed 15 minutes of wmma. "Awww aren't they so brave?? We're so accepting"

6JFvU6z0_400x400.png

It has more to do with Blaydes than Overeem

Could be a repeat of Blaydes fight against Hunt, with a gridning decision

Blaydes is very good, but boring

And Overeem may not force the action, we could see Econoreem like we did against Werdum, Mir and big Roy

CM Punk was always on the main card. Overeem/Blaydes got bumped by Holm/Anderson. There is no legitimate reason for CM Punk to even be in the UFC other than eyeballs, so it makes sense for him to be on the main card.

Holm is a confirmed draw, despite not having a belt.
Maybe stuff like sponsorship has an impact here as well; that is to say, the junk they advertise during the ppv probably has favorites.

Back