Overeem/Blaydes Swapped to FS1 & Anderson/Holm Moved to PPV

I’m more offended that a pro wrestler is on the main event than women. You aren’t?

Oh, the virtue signaling! Neither belongs on the main card. As for "professional wrestler," plenty of fighters have done pro wrestling and belonged on main cards in the past (Barnett, Coleman, Severn and yes, Brock). Punk is a different story.

I like Holm but her opponents are normally over-matched, that coupled with her strategic, no risk fighting style usually doesn't make for a very compelling fight. I would make the main card one extra fight by having Overeem/Blaydes on there because both Heavyweight fights will be relatively quick, start the card with either them or Tuivasa/Arlovski and take out the Holm fight and replace it Gadelha/Esparza and have that fight take place between the 2 Heavyweight bouts. On second thought, open with Punk so we can get the most garbage fight on the card out of the way straight away. It's a shame he's such as draw as rightfully he should be relegated to the early prelims if he makes a card at all.

Holly Holm is a bigger draw than Overeem
Bullshit. They pay Overeem something like 800'000 to show, Holly isnt getting anything close to that. They dont just give out free money.

Oh, the virtue signaling! Neither belongs on the main card. As for "professional wrestler," plenty of fighters have done pro wrestling and belonged on main cards in the past (Barnett, Coleman, Severn and yes, Brock). Punk is a different story.

yes, i certainly didn't mean to imply that great fighters who also have wrassled don't belong in the UFC. only that non-fighting wrasslers don't. i agree with Punk; Punk belongs on Fight Pass. if anywhere, that is.

i was just trying to put it all into context. a lot of people - including the person i was quoting - wanted to solely blame WMMA. if 'blame' is even the right word here.

LMFAO. Shertards bitching about WMMA as usual while ignoring the fact that there’s a fighter with a 0 - 1 record on the main card.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

I think cm punk will surprise people with his underrated striking game

LMFAO. Shertards bitching about WMMA as usual while ignoring the fact that there’s a fighter with a 0 - 1 record on the main card.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif
That version of Holly was probably hypnotized to think she's Crocop.

Overeem on free TV isn't exactly something to whine about.

after the lowest selling ppv in 10 years, the all female main event, theyre gonna do another on ppv?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!

Just announced on the Fight Night Chile broadcast. Weird switch up. Why not move Tuivasa/Arlovski to FS1 which will likely be a very quick finish?

there is a PPV boxing match ...Jeff Horn aussie champ against Terence Crawford p4p #2 going head to head in Aus on the same night so I think the UFC is stacking the Main Card with all the aussies.

Back