Overeem/Blaydes Swapped to FS1 & Anderson/Holm Moved to PPV

Well for me i don't watch pre-Lims, just the main card so that's why a little disappointed.

But as you said they still on the show and I'm sure I can find a vid of their fight.
why would you not watch pre lims? they are frequently way better than the main card.

co-main is not a definite for PPV points
Even a main is not
Tate did not get PPV points vs Holly and Nunes did not get vs Tate (example)
Cormier said publicly he did not get PPV vs Anderson (even though he was a champ with points)

I can understand why Cormier might not get his ppv cut because his opponent got changed and the show might not sell well. But generally its a shame that Dana and company gets to fill his driveway with snow while most fighters get scraps off the table.

I can understand why Cormier might not get his ppv cut because his opponent got changed and the show might not sell well. But generally its a shame that Dana and company gets to fill his driveway with snow while most fighters get scraps off the table.

UFC completely underpays fighters. No argument there.
But the DW/snow thing is so overplayed. it only cost a few g to do that.
I'd bring up taking a private jet to see RR at Mania as more of a waste of money than doing something nice for his kids at XMAS

I was sure Arlovski/Tuivasa would be bumped. It would be a great FS1 prelim, and it's more likely to end violently, imo. Reem/Blaydes just seems like the much more important fight for the time.

Its kinda dumb because you want people to actually know who megan is before she possibly fights for a title and prelims would be the way to go.

ISH ISH ISH ISH ISH ISH ISH

ISH!!!

Mods creating threads that have already been done minutes before

{<BJPeen}
what a world we live in

What the actual fuck lol, get the cm punk and Arlovski vs Tuivasa fights off the main card.
Yep, after his first Fiasco, I thought Punk would be wise enough (and the UFc) not to put him in a maint event but in the prelims, it's not like he is a hot prospect or someone with incredible skills.

I think its because the last 2 times Blaydes was on a PPV main card he bored the shit out of everybody.

Its total bullshit, but makes me feel better about streaming it.

the last fs1 prelim ratings was pretty bad. i guess they think a HW fight with ubereem will get more casuals
The HW part I agree with, but is Reem really that big with casuals? If you don't follow MMA too well you probably know him best from the times he got viciously KOed.

wmma is taking over, be ready to have all wmma fights on the main card soon.

then the ufc should be prepared for record low ppv numbers...just like ufc 224, headlined by cow face nunes...which was the lowest ppv event in the last 10 years...even lower than mighty mouse...that should tell the ufc something...I just wish they'd listen...women fights = extremely poor ratings...and holly holm is one of the most boring fighters going today...

Yep, after his first Fiasco, I thought Punk would be wise enough (and the UFc) not to put him in a maint event but in the prelims, it's not like he is a hot prospect or someone with incredible skills.
He was the biggest PPV draw in his last fight. he added a extra 150k buys or so.

@FrankieNYC I got in late here. You think this is to give Fox a bigger fight for negotiations? You also notice the fight pass portion is all great name fights. Seems the UFC might be trying to re-prioritize a few things under WME.

Lol like ufc looks for that when they can make easy money off you

@FrankieNYC I got in late here. You think this is to give Fox a bigger fight for negotiations? You also notice the fight pass portion is all great name fights. Seems the UFC might be trying to re-prioritize a few things under WME.

No idea buddy
I would think Fox would want Holly though. She has a history of good ratings there.
Having a bigger fight on prelim makes sense, but the switch was weird IMO

Welcome all to the new world! Where forced equality water down and ruin most things and segregation is cool again. Just let people decide what they want and give that to them instead of telling us we like WMMA and forcing it upon us.

Having WMMA fights was ok at first and I’ve been genuinely entertained by a few but forcing this shit over quality fights is getting out of hand.

What? Holm vs Megan was puhyfect. I stand behind that decision

Anyone saying get punk off the main card doesn't care about the UFC or how businesses work

then the ufc should be prepared for record low ppv numbers...just like ufc 224, headlined by cow face nunes...which was the lowest ppv event in the last 10 years...even lower than mighty mouse...that should tell the ufc something...I just wish they'd listen...women fights = extremely poor ratings...and holly holm is one of the most boring fighters going today...
Women fights actually do great ratings on free TV. Page, Waterson, Rose and Holly all had better than average ratings on Fox and FS1/2.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back