Outdated stuff at your place of work

Most drivers don't understand that they need to keep the rpms up. You have to drive it like you're mad at it.
That's why I love it, it's like a full size Tonka Truck

Funny enough, people still use fax. I work in IT, and whebbmy boss said the CFO needed how fax machine fixed I was like WTF? Fax machine? Whtsbis this 1998?
I love the reactions I get when I ask people if they have a fax number, it’s like I’m asking for a casset player. We have an old scanner at the office so it’s honestly easier to fax things

Funny enough, people still use fax. I work in IT, and whebbmy boss said the CFO needed how fax machine fixed I was like WTF? Fax machine? Whtsbis this 1998?

Trying to get people to give up a fax machine is comical. I tried to explain that it's a shitty scanner sending images over a phone line when they had switched the phones to voice over internet to avoid long distance charges on facility to facility calls. They had to keep one landline to use the fax and almost every fax was long distance as it was being sent to another facility. The fax machine was part of an expensive copier/printer. They could put the documents in the same machine and send them to any computer or printer in the company just by pushing a different button.

Trying to get people to give up a fax machine is comical. I tried to explain that it's a shitty scanner sending images over a phone line when they had switched the phones to voice over internet to avoid long distance charges on facility to facility calls. They had to keep one landline to use the fax and almost every fax was long distance as it was being sent to another facility. The fax machine was part of an expensive copier/printer. They could put the documents in the same machine and send them to any computer or printer in the company just by pushing a different button.

I still have vendors that require all purchase orders be faxed, and they will not accept a PDF etc.

Funny they don't require the actual document to be mailed.

I still have multiple people working for me that don't have computer or email access, and do all purchasing over the phone and fax. It's really not worth changing if you are a 60 year old mechanic that has never used a computer. I don't expect them to change.

Nuclear missile silos still use these.

Some nuclear power plants still run PDP-8s with RL-01 drives i bet.

14100172357_04fcf5c14b.jpg

This one hospital I work at had a white nurse! You believe that? New school are Indian and Asians.

My stationary company regularly sell floppy disks to government agencies because their hardware are ancient due to budget or bureaucratic reasons.

I still have multiple people working for me that don't have computer or email access, and do all purchasing over the phone and fax. It's really not worth changing if you are a 60 year old mechanic that has never used a computer. I don't expect them to change.

Being an older than 60 year old mechanic, I can't imagine a mechanic that doesn't use a computer. Almost everything built since 1987 requires a computer to trouble shoot it. Most of the mechanics I know got rid of their fax machines because they were getting too many ads that used up all of their paper.

Being an older than 60 year old mechanic, I can't imagine a mechanic that doesn't use a computer. Almost everything built since 1987 requires a computer to trouble shoot it. Most of the mechanics I know got rid of their fax machines because they were getting too many ads that used up all of their paper.

I didn't say auto mechanic, I am talking about mechanics at manufacturing facilities. Our lead mechanics all use computers, but our line mechanics do not.

Back