Our entire society is built on death

Even though we're using a lot more solar and wind, we are still mostly dependent on fossil fuels.

It ironic that even with all of our technological advances, we're still as much in the circle of life as a lion that depends on death for his food.

Your car is burning your ancestors as fuel.

It freaks me out man
sorry to burst your bubble, but most fossil fuels originate from plants in the Carboniferous Era- before microbes that could digest cellulose evolved. So dead plants literally couldn't rot or decompose, they just kept stacking on top of each other and buried into the earth.

Oil is a limited resource. We have between 35 and 50 years of it left based on the 'Klass' model. Cars would have to run on methanol or ethanol.

I'm not sure that's practical, or even possible. There are over a billion cars in the world. Next thing you know we are killing ourselves via deforestation or starving ourselves by using too high a percentage of our arable land growing fuel instead of food. Beyond that though, there are also other HUGE hurdles. Every tire on every car in the world requires 7 gallons of petroleum to produce and they have to be replaced periodically. The paint on the car is petroleum based, all the plastic parts of the car are petroleum based and then you have to spend huge amounts of petroleum resources to build each car, which, like the tires, all have to be replaced periodically. It is a very complex problem that methanol will not solve.

Since the birth of the Universe, no matter has been created or destroyed, just transformed from one state to another.

The atoms that make up your body were probably whirling around some star before it went nova billions of years ago. Kind of cool to think about.

So where did all that matter come from? That's kinda cool to think about.

I am all for more Nuclear Power Plants. They are as scary anymore. I know Japan is fucked up though.

The problem with nuclear is once there is a major accident we can't really clean it up. Chernobyl has to be monitored and managed 24 hours a day for hundreds of years. The total nuclear output at Chernobyl will last for 48,000 years. Let that sink in. They say humans might be able t move back into the area in another 600 years. Now you have this problem in Japan that is supposedly leaking radiation directly into the sea. I'm sure that isn't going to cause any problems down the line. If you ever want to see some crazy shit watch a doc like The Battle for Chernobyl. Its scary shit. They send in robots to look around and the robots all die with minutes or hours.

There is no death without life..........

SqXxu4Y.gif
Thanos, the comic book version, not the movie version, worshipped death. Once he got the infinity gauntlet and could kill everyone, he realized that if he did that, there could be no more death, because everyone had already died.

So he creates this temple where people are being created on one end, and they just stand in line to get to the other end, where they are killed.

He created a ton of life just so he could have endless death. It's one of the cooler parts of that storyline.

The problem with nuclear is once there is a major accident we can't really clean it up. Chernobyl has to be monitored and managed 24 hours a day for hundreds of years. The total nuclear output at Chernobyl will last for 48,000 years. Let that sink in. They say humans might be able t move back into the area in another 600 years. Now you have this problem in Japan that is supposedly leaking radiation directly into the sea. I'm sure that isn't going to cause any problems down the line. If you ever want to see some crazy shit watch a doc like The Battle for Chernobyl. Its scary shit. They send in robots to look around and the robots all die with minutes or hours.
I read that they're developing technology where you can beam energy through a laser and it will be picked up by something similar to a solar panel. It is one of the ways they proposed to power that elevator to the moon that was a big story a while back.

I think it would be cool to build a nuclear power plant on the moon and use a laser to beam the energy back to earth. That way is there's an accident, no big deal. Because fuck that moon.

I read that they're developing technology where you can beam energy through a laser and it will be picked up by something similar to a solar panel. It is one of the ways they proposed to power that elevator to the moon that was a big story a while back.

I think it would be cool to build a nuclear power plant on the moon and use a laser to beam the energy back to earth. That way is there's an accident, no big deal. Because fuck that moon.

Sounds Sci-fi movie level.

fac.gif

They Start up a nuclear power looks Sci-fi as hell.

I think about this quote I once heard sometimes.

"Everything that ever lived is dead and everything living now will die."

Well, except maybe Jeff Bezos. He might find a way to live forever. Also:

I am all for more Nuclear Power Plants. They are as scary anymore. I know Japan is fucked up though.
This is an amazing documentary about the Fukushima disaster. Crazy how close they were to having to evacuate the whole of Tokyo!

I'm not sure that's practical, or even possible. There are over a billion cars in the world. Next thing you know we are killing ourselves via deforestation or starving ourselves by using too high a percentage of our arable land growing fuel instead of food. Beyond that though, there are also other HUGE hurdles. Every tire on every car in the world requires 7 gallons of petroleum to produce and they have to be replaced periodically. The paint on the car is petroleum based, all the plastic parts of the car are petroleum based and then you have to spend huge amounts of petroleum resources to build each car, which, like the tires, all have to be replaced periodically. It is a very complex problem that methanol will not solve.

Some very good points. There is also the electric car option which is starting to become popular. As for the rest, we will have to recycle a lot of the rubber, paint, plastic, etc.

There is no afterlife and there's no purpose to being alive. Nobody will remember you for long and then you'll be among the faceless dead, and it will be as though you never existed.

So cheer up!

At least we get to become gasoline. That's pretty cool.

When i die my body will become the grass, and the antelope eat the grass.

#CircleOfLifeBitches

Fossil fuels were created from compressed and decomposed algae and plankton that lived hundreds of millions of years ago. We're not burning people lol, humans didn't even exist yet. And the people who are buried today aren't buried in conditions that would make them turn into fossil fuel, ever.

Even though we're using a lot more solar and wind, we are still mostly dependent on fossil fuels.

It ironic that even with all of our technological advances, we're still as much in the circle of life as a lion that depends on death for his food.

Your car is burning your ancestors as fuel.

It freaks me out man

And even that is slowly killing the the sun by draining it of it’s energy..

Back