Other than his resume,gsp did one more thing that make him the goat

is that he avenge his loss unlike other goats contender.not only that he dominated them in the rematch.
Defended the title 9 times
Best resume in mma history.
Avenge all his loss
One of the Most skilled fighter in mma history
2 division title holder
20171104_1143_Michael_Bisping_vs_Georges_St-Pierre.0.0.jpg

Don't try to push your crush on me, but good for you...

My point is that it's probably better to focus on the quantity and quality of wins outright, rather than worrying about avenged vs unavenged losses.
GSP lost in Title Fights though, not to some low level guys. I agree with what you're saying though. I don't think Silva's unavenged losses hurt his legacy. BUT, if GSP wasn't able to avenge his two very high profile losses, that would very much hurt his legacy

Gsp lost in his prime in order to avenge those losses. The GOaT doesnt lose in his prime

Innocent question : Can Stipe never be the GOAT if he doesn't get matched up against Struve again?
I wouldn’t hold it against him but he has a long way to go before you throw his name in there with GSP

''Avenge all his loss''
I don't remember when he avenged the Hendricks loss.
Honestly,even if he had lost. Which he didnt...hed totally beat hendricks now. So its a moot point

Gsp post in his prime in order to avenge those losses. Goats don’t lose in their prime
He lost once in his prime. His first loss was in his 7th bout against Matt freakin Hughes when he was still an mma baby

is that he avenge his loss unlike other goats contender.not only that he dominated them in the rematch.
Defended the title 9 times
Best resume in mma history.
Avenge all his loss
One of the Most skilled fighter in mma history
2 division title holder
20171104_1143_Michael_Bisping_vs_Georges_St-Pierre.0.0.jpg

Definitely not the best resume but great career. Top 3 goat for sure.

Would Anderson be greater if he chased after Takase and Chonon instead of fighting guys like (even) Cote and Maia?

I'd rather have a win over a B+ level than a revenge win over a C level fighter.
That's what you want, but the fighter himself/herself doesn't give a fuck what you want, they want to beat the person that beat them, when you become a fighter, do what you want, until then....shut up.

I agree GSPs legacy is the best. Thanks to mayweather Jr though you now have to be undefeated to be considered tgoat

Would Anderson be greater if he chased after Takase and Chonon instead of fighting guys like (even) Cote and Maia?

I'd rather have a win over a B+ level than a revenge win over a C level fighter.
Chonan is maybe comparable to Serra, but Takase has a losing record. Neither of them are Matt Hughes who was better win than anyone Silva had to fight

Hendricks on full blown steroids couldn’t drop George’s even once in their fight.

George’s ate everything then beat him. That was the best version of Hendricks and not the best version of George’s, Who had major surgeries and was looking to take a break from the sport

Reported

Back