Other than Conor who else could move up two weight classes and win?

I'm confident that Cerrone could beat some welterweights at 185.

Weight classes are there for a reason, and that's why you shouldn't starve yourself to get to 145.

Rumble Johnson's run at 170 to be doesn't count as "moving up" either. He was cheating his body to make 170, could have killed himself.

OK, everyone pay attention, I found the guy that gets to make up the rules about what counts and doesn't.

Cruz, Mighty Mouse, Dilly just to name a quick few.

maybe Dominic Cruz. He couldn't beat the top 155ers but maybe some, with Neo footwork

CONOR DID NOT MOVE UP TWO WEIGHT CLASSES

kansasmelting.gif

prime Fedor, that's who

Read the OP. I mention rumble. Penn isn't fighting now.
?? penn has a fight lined up and has done this many many times against bigger challanges then nate, as well as fighting guys in their natural weight classes above them not both guys moving up weight classes.
Dont get upset your thread was destroyed with the first response. You asked a question you didnt know the answer to, people gave you examples.
There would be more examples to if people went thru as drastic of a weight cut as conor does to get to 145, not everyone does that tho, conor is pretty good at the weight cut part of the game, doesnt seem to effect his performance that much

I can't think of any. If Rumble was still trying to fight middleweight maybe but that's it. It's the sign of the GOAT when you're doing things nobody else can do
He didn't move up two weight classes. Stop with that shit.

Lots of guys could choose to not cut weight and fight a guy 1 weight class higher at both their natural weight. What Conor did is really not that special.

Connor fought a LW at WW. Conor was a HUGE FW anyway.
Anthony Johnson fought at WW, MW, LHW and HW... that's 4 weight classes.
Vitor Belfort, Dan Henderson and Wanderlei Silva fought at MW, LHW and HW.
BJ Penn fought at FW, LW, WW, MW and a LHW at HW... that's 5 weight classes.

There are many others too. What Connor did was anything but impressive. He barely won on the 2nd attempt and taped out on his 1st attempt. Nate Diaz isn't a champ or even a title contender either. I don't see what was impressive about it.

Dan Henderson beat Big Nog and Fedora at HW

Pretty much the two best HWs of all time, and he's a MW

Waaaaay more impressive than Conor going 1-1 with Diaz

Jessica Andrade won fights at 135 which was just under her walking weight back then. Now she won switching to 115.

Back