Other than Conor who else could move up two weight classes and win?

I can't think of any. If Rumble was still trying to fight middleweight maybe but that's it. It's the sign of the GOAT when you're doing things nobody else can do
Sorry, but that's a stupid point.
Most top fighters from one division can probably move up and win some fights that they have preferable matchups.

Look at Cowboy. Hendo before him. Bendo, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Machida, Maia... all fought at WC above and won.
Or Frankie. Heck, he was even the champ at LW...

...no wonder Conor run away from him at FW...:oops::p

I can't think of any. If Rumble was still trying to fight middleweight maybe but that's it. It's the sign of the GOAT when you're doing things nobody else can do

Conor didnt really beat a ww though. He beat a lw at ww. Not really the same thing.

There can be only one..
images
..... that has probably gone up 4 weight divisions.

I am not impressed by this thread nor Conor's run in the UFC. He's 1-1 against a LW gatekeeper. He NEEDS 145 to stay alive.

First of all : Conor was fighting a guy from LW in a WW bout, so it shouldn't be treated at moving up 2 class for a fight.

In that case, a lot of fighter can did that.

Kenny florian moved down rather than up, but that's at least in part because the LW division didn't exist when he fought at 185 on TUF. But make no mistake, KenFlo beat UFC caliber talent in 4 weight classes throughout his career fighting 2 or 3 classes above what most would consider his "natural weight" in search of opportunity.

That dude should get way more credit than he does.

TS acts like Conor walks around @FW and had to eat & work his way up to WW and fight? F*k you guys have to be the most unrealistic feet floating off the ground fan base in the short history of mma.

such silly McInfo - nate moved down from WW because he was getting ragdolled there, he is a LW not a WW.

fighting a beefed up LW is not winning at WW. if mcgregor beats someone who's currently contending at WW then it's 'moving up two weight classes and OMG' etc etc...

Diaz was a little bit bigger, but this whole Conor jumping up two weight classes is a false narrative. There was only 5 or 6 pounds difference between them come fight night. I'm not trying to take anything away from Conor, but he has fought at LW in the past and just fought a very tough but beatable LW and is 1-1 against him.

If he would have fought Dong Hyun Kim, Neil Magney, or Wonderboy Thompson then I would consider him fighting up two weight classes. Hence it would be a Huge FW fighting a Huge WW.

Last edited:
Gegard Mousasi embarassed Hunt at HW.

Also Melvin Manhoef could KO any HW on the planet.

Gegard Mousasi embarassed Hunt at HW.

Also Melvin Manhoef could KO any HW on the planet.
Not just any HW, Hunto for Manhoef as well. I don't know what it is for Hunt with small guys, maybe the speed.

Not just any HW, Hunto for Manhoef as well. I don't know what it is for Hunt with small guys, maybe the speed.
Hunt is a natural MW if he dieted. Doesn't count.

Is it just a bunch of troll posts or do some people really think Conor fought a true WW? On the otherhand Conor and many other fighters are capable of being other fighters 2 weight classes up as it depends on who their fighting. I would say if anything Conor is a average sized LW come fight night that fought another fighter who usually fights at LW.

At the end though Conor is a great fighter (no matter how you want to interpret his hype). No need for reaching confirmation bias just because you're a 'fan'.

To make this more specific and true to Conor's accomplishment you should add the following qualifiers:

What current UFC fighter could:

a) Challenge a top 10 fighter in the weight class right above him

b) To a fight one more weight class up: a weight class within which the challenged fighter had previously competed (in the UFC).

And win.

I'm drawing a blank.

To make this more specific and true to Conor's accomplishment you should add the following qualifiers:

What current UFC fighter could:

a) Challenge a top 10 fighter in the weight class right above him

b) To a fight one more weight class up: a weight class within which the challenged fighter had previously competed (in the UFC).

And win.

I'm drawing a blank.
Yeah I don't think anyone could. That's what I mean. He will go down as the GOAT. I have no doubt of that

Its funny how people brought up Penn. Now back in 2004 there werent this invasion of nuthuggers there is now. We are talking PRE TUF GNUB era. So when Penn moved up and beat Hughes in his WW debut it was seen as ballsy and awesome. Times have changed :D

Back