Other than Conor who else could move up two weight classes and win?

Dublin

Dont fear me
@Blue
Reaction score
I can't think of any. If Rumble was still trying to fight middleweight maybe but that's it. It's the sign of the GOAT when you're doing things nobody else can do

BJ-Penn.jpg

nate is a lw, so i could see plenty of fighters going up 2 classes to fight a guy whose actually only one weight class up.

It would be the same as for example Yoel fighting Shogun at HW

Rumble used to fight 170 and now destroys at 205.

Penn has done this many times.

Machida could have whooped a heavyweight ass.

Not really two weight classes, so disqualified as troll thread...

Misleading, he should be a Lightweight and he fought a Lightweight at Welterweight.

What he did was not impressive. He also won the 2nd time around, and couldn't beat the guy on 10 days notice.

Rumble used to fight 170 and now destroys at 205.

Penn has done this many times.

Machida could have whooped a heavyweight ass.

Read the OP. I mention rumble. Penn isn't fighting now.

Weight classes are there for a reason, and that's why you shouldn't starve yourself to get to 145.

Rumble Johnson's run at 170 to be doesn't count as "moving up" either. He was cheating his body to make 170, could have killed himself.

Conor is lacking the wins necessary to be referred to as GOAT. He beat Aldo and that's it. Anyone who thinks his resume is GOATworthy is nuthugging at best.

No fighter could go up 2 weight divisions and win, not legitimately.

What about fighters who have dropped in weight classes, like Florian, Evans, Belfort, and so on? Clearly they've had success two weight classes apart, so does that count?

Read the OP. I mention rumble. Penn isn't fighting now.

I did read the OP and it fucking sucks.

Rumble went from 170 to a failed attempt at 185, to heavyweight, then back down to LHW. Why you are discrediting that is beyond me, other than that it shows you don't have to be a GOAT to move up in a weight class and take on fights.

I swear I wish the RDA fight would have happened just so I didn't have to read this nonsense ass suckery that occurs on this forum on a daily basis. Conor is going to fall flat on his face if he fucks around with the likes of any of the top 3 at LW.

Have to count small hws that beat big hws too. Like Randy and Fedor beating men 35-40 lbs bigger than them, thats actual weight too. When bj and gsp fought gsp was 15 lbs heavier at most, a lot of muscle though. Diaz was prob about 10-12 lbs bigger than conor in fight night.

Well once Conor fights an actual WW then we can talk about him doing it.

Rumble all ready doin' it. Up from 170.

Any LHW that fights in HW is basically doing it in comparison the weight differences you see between other weight casses.

What about fighters who have dropped in weight classes, like Florian, Evans, Belfort, and so on? Clearly they've had success two weight classes apart, so does that count?
It's misleading.

Belfort was fighting fat old trolls whilst he was a roided up 19 year old specimen.

Florian fought in a tournament full of amateurs who were all undersized 185ers anyway e.g. Diego Sanchez.

Evans at Heavyweight was just bizarre, don't know how he did it, but once again never really fought there after TUF.

Belfort is a 185/205 fighter, can be successful at both - would not stand a chance against a HW today.

Florian would not have much or any success against a 170 fighter now, and didn't even have much success at 145.

Back