(OPINION) Francis Ngannou owes the UFC and Dana white for his successes.

Without the platform that is the UFC; Francis would never make it

• True

• False

Results are only viewable after voting.
Doesn't mean he owes them shit. He also sold them PPVs based on his performances. He fought and he won based on his own talent and hard work and that is what got him to where he is.
I'm not sure what we mean by owe.
They are certainly part of his path to stardom.

Francis built his brand in the UFC, no doubt. Does he owe them? No. He completed his contractual obligations and moved on to greener pastures. His success story is really incredible.

Huh, this “owe” is the same as how I owe my parents for raising me. It’s a sense of indebtedness that comes out of a moral duty, I’m not arguing for Francis to pay the UFC.

If someone saved my life, I don’t owe them anything financially or legally, but I will always owe them and be indebted to them forever.

Francis owes the UFC at the very least a thank you for what they did for him.
Just glossing over the parents kicked you out of their house, disowned you never wanted to see you again and told you you'd never be anything without them then saw you try and make something for yourself and immediately try and steal the deal for another child they still loved.

And he should say thank you?
No. The UFC got good fucking service from Frank putting his health on the line time and again for the promise of stardom like Conor McGregor. But they never wanted to deal with another star like Conor just want fighters to dream.

First off, the class action hasn’t been decided at all. Secondly, Ngannou’s contract doesn’t even fall under the terms of the prior contract practices that started the antitrust.

Thirdly, as a personal matter I have no issues with monopolies over things that aren’t a necessity to life. This isn’t something like water, electricity, or shelter. No one has to fight. If fighter pay is shitty enough, ufc won’t have enough fighters and they’ll have to pay more. The fact is, fighting isn’t that valuable and lots of people can and are willing to do it for less, and that’s on them.

I very much believe in a strong eating the weak type of world and society.
Well now Francis is a stronger eating the weak so he doesn't need to say thank you to the people who spat on him. You shouldn't think he needs to.

Good Guy Frank has always thanked UFC for his opportunity after leaving so........

Your thread is meaningless.

Fernand and Dana like two Ex-wives -- I hope they don't get needy, such a bad look.

Francis moving on with his life in style.

<EdgyBrah>

I was one of the sherbros saying that Francis fumbled the bag but my guy, wtf went through your head to create this thread..

First off, the class action hasn’t been decided at all. Secondly, Ngannou’s contract doesn’t even fall under the terms of the prior contract practices that started the antitrust.

Thirdly, as a personal matter I have no issues with monopolies over things that aren’t a necessity to life. This isn’t something like water, electricity, or shelter. No one has to fight. If fighter pay is shitty enough, ufc won’t have enough fighters and they’ll have to pay more. The fact is, fighting isn’t that valuable and lots of people can and are willing to do it for less, and that’s on them.

I very much believe in a strong eating the weak type of world and society.
Again, a judge reviewed the evidence and said they can go forward with the class action due to the evidence. It's not a hard concept. I never said anything about Francis.

The rest of your post explains a lot.

Francis Ngannou needs to eat some humble pie, he’s acting like he did everything on his own without anyone helping him.

If Francis started out in boxing or if he was in bellator or PFL instead of the UFC, he’d go nowhere.

He got the Tyson fight because he was the “UFC Champion” not because he was a champion of another organization.

Did Francis gain his success by winning and performing? Absolutely. But he did not do it himself, he did it with the UFC’s promotion and name value. Instead of trashing Dana White and the UFC, he should show some class and thank them for the opportunity.

I hope Francis doesn’t become a diva, and remember that he didn’t do it all himself. UFC made him famous.
I guess you like Power Slap.....

Here ya go.....

n1.gif

He does sure, he would not have made it far in boxing if he had to climb the ladder and if he signed with any other organization in MMA he never would have become known...e.g. look at any really good Bellator HW over the last 10 years.

For anyone to say they didnt help build his brand is an idiot and I am no fan of the corporate UFC shit.

Back