One of the USA's Best Wrestlers Kyle Snyder Offers to Help McGregor Prepare For Khabib's Takedowns

A very good coach to have indeed, and it would probably help him some of the way, but wrestling is different in MMA, and I don't think there is anything Conor can do if he doesn't stop Khabib before he gets a hold of him. That is very possible too, though. Conor is just razor sharp with those hands.
Hard to disagree with that. I think Connor will/would do a bit better than expected though. He is a big/strong LW and his fighting instincts and creativity are just top notch. This is a fight I absolutely would love to see. I actually think AConnor will stop the Khabib TDs better than he could stop Chad Mendes' TDs. Mendes has that lightning fast level change and explosive shot, Khabib is more of a clinch guy and when he does go for singles or doubles hes not impossible to stop.

Another touchbutt buddy who wants dat Floyd money.

No training is going to prepare Conor for a life time of wrestling that Khabib has. Khabib will smash Conor if they ever fight.
Zero chance that Conor knocks him out, eh?

i cant wait till someone flattens habib.
he seems like a good fighter.
but all the cock jockeys are killing me

I hope so but i'll stick with 1-1 and Coon taking this years series 2-1 but the NCAA is the only one that will matter.
There's that whole, curse of the 2x NCAA DI HW champs thing to consider. Ever since Carlton Haselrig won his 3rd HW title in 1989 (a pretty cool story he has BTW), Kurt Angle, Kerry McCoy, Stephen Neal, Steve Mocco, Cole Conrad, Tommy Rowlands, Tony Nelson, Nick Gwiazdoswki, have all been favorites to win 3 titles but were knocked off. Let's see what happens with Snyder.

khabibs takedowns against the cage and top control are about the best in MMA. But how are his takedowns when he doesn't have someone against the cage?

Hard to disagree with that. I think Connor will/would do a bit better than expected though. He is a big/strong LW and his fighting instincts and creativity are just top notch. This is a fight I absolutely would love to see. I actually think AConnor will stop the Khabib TDs better than he could stop Chad Mendes' TDs. Mendes has that lightning fast level change and explosive shot, Khabib is more of a clinch guy and when he does go for singles or doubles hes not impossible to stop.

Nate Diaz is arguably the worst MMA adapted wrestler in the history of ranked top 10 lightweights. He is flat out terrible at wrestling.

He took Conor down.

Twice.

He probably heard about that $300,000 that Conor spent to learn how to throw a leg kick and figures that he can make a hell of a lot more than that by teaching Conor some TDD.

Not gonna lie, of all the $300,000 ribs Conor's received, this has been the most hilarious Lmfao, good one bro.

Not gonna lie, of all the $300,000 ribs Conor's received, this has been the most hilarious Lmfao, good one bro.
giphy.gif

Nate Diaz is arguably the worst MMA adapted wrestler in the history of ranked top 10 lightweights. He is flat out terrible at wrestling.

He took Conor down.

Twice.
Yeah man. I cant argue that. I just have a feeling.

Akgul just teched his way through the Cerra Pallado tournament in Cuba which is why he was in the States training. Hes amazing, one of the best. I think Snyder hangs in there with him but obviously would lose most matches. Hes just too big, too strong, in too good a shape. Im sure he weighs in around the 265 limit. As for Sadulaev coming up to 97, I don't think he was undersized, he shut out all of his opponents en route to the final and teched 2 of them. Just for clarity sake, Sadulaev maybe gave up 5 pounds to Snyder, maybe, but Snyder gives up about 35 to Akgul. Still, Taha's amazing, I didn't expect the Georgian to beat him last year.
5 pounds?No way man,he was undersized by many.Snyder is just the only one who can compete with him.But Sadulaev had some problems in other matches but was able to win by being better.I think when he gtes more used to 97kg and maybe puts some weight lifting in his program he will win.They will exchange wins better to say.Other then Russian nationals he had no competittion at 97 prior to Worlds and it showed.
Geno defeated Taha in some other match before,Taha gassed badly and lost.This time both 100% and Geno managed to outlast him again,great performance by him,both showed how athletic they are since they are 120kg+
He is probably the only one who can take out Taha now.

"if you are ever going to fight Khabib"

see what he did there

5 pounds?No way man,he was undersized by many.Snyder is just the only one who can compete with him.But Sadulaev had some problems in other matches but was able to win by being better.I think when he gtes more used to 97kg and maybe puts some weight lifting in his program he will win.They will exchange wins better to say.Other then Russian nationals he had no competittion at 97 prior to Worlds and it showed.
Geno defeated Taha in some other match before,Taha gassed badly and lost.This time both 100% and Geno managed to outlast him again,great performance by him,both showed how athletic they are since they are 120kg+
He is probably the only one who can take out Taha now.
I could see Snyder having 7-8 pounds on Sadulaev but I don't think he was undersized at 97. Honestly I think Sadulaev had lost some muscle mass by the way he looked in Paris. He looked smaller than Salas who was also moving up to 97 and they'd wrestled before and were pretty much the same size. The polish dude was also at 86 no too long ago. The Armenian was bigger than Sad for sure. And the Georgian was a strange situation. That was the same Georgian who Sad beat in his 1st ever foray up to 97 kilos and he appeared bigger than the Georgian back then (in 2015). All this combined I feel Sad lost some size. Bilyal Makhov said that Sad was banged up and not 100% focused after Rio. He was recovering from injuries, had made some really good money, and got married. Makhov also said that Sadulaev didn't want to wrestle at all in Paris and was pressured and felt a sense of duty. We will see what happens in Tokyo.

Snyder beat Coon in The Big Ten Championship.

Snyder just beat Coon in The NCAA Championship.

Back