One of the USA's Best Wrestlers Kyle Snyder Offers to Help McGregor Prepare For Khabib's Takedowns

Snyder's technic is not so good, most his wins comes from his physical power - Saadulaev winning him easy before tired.

Snyder's technic is not so good, most his wins comes from his physical power - Saadulaev winning him easy before tired.
His technique is great but he is up against other people with great technique so it doesn't stand out as much. You does have that freak strength tho.

MJ hit Khabib for sure... but in no way was Khabib rocked or in trouble. I actually have a timeline to assist anyone who wants to dispute that & show me where Khabib was in trouble. I'll be happy to review it & we can have a discussion about it. Just tell me which of the following shots you feel rocked Khabib. Every one... though good shots... Khabib reovered from immediately.

Now if those were Conor shots... it would've been lights out.

1st Round – MJ shots landed

Many leg kicks & 6 punches landed while they were standing

4:11 hard left cross twisted Khabib’s head sideways.
3:41 hard right to the chest combos with a hard cross to the chin. Actually sent Khabib staggering back
3:38 decent right hand body shot
3:28 Very hard right cross to the chin. Missed the left cross… but regrouped & got another Left hook to the forehead just after that at 3:26
Yeah, your're right...just rewatched it again...He wasn't hurt but definitly got hit a few times.

I get what you're saying but...
That is the logic that Koreshkov used before he fought Askren. The mindset of "i'll never wrestle as good with a couple of months of training so I won't train at all" and it resulted in him getting destroyed worse than he should have.

I mean, Conor should be training wrestling. It’s just that, what’s Snyder going to teach McGregor that another great wrestling coach isn’t? Conor isn’t going to be at a level high enough that Snyder can offer him anything specific.

It’d be like me learning MMA from Mark Henry. He’s obviously one of the best coaches out there, but since I’m not a professional fighter what he’s teaching me isn’t going to be anything that one of the coaches at a decent local gym wouldn’t be able to teach me.

Not quite

bs-sp-oly--rio-olympics-faulty-medals-524-20170523

And he beat Russia's pound for pound best wrestler last year Worlds:

s-kyle-snyder-celebrates-after-beating-russias-abdulrashid-sadulaev-picture-id839599436

Snyder bless
Yeah man. He beat a Russian world champ in the last 3 worlds/olympics and is a 2x Yarygin champ where he mopped the floor with like 8 Russians.

It's like if Anthony Joshua offered to help Khabib to prepare against Conor's boxing.

Useless.

Dude, someone just posted it in this thread, I am very impressed. Not that I thought the Turk was a bum, but his size and constant pressure were tough for Snyder to deal with.
And that's what im saying.Let's say he goes to heavy this year for Worlds,and gets to final somehow because Taha is no the only one there,and meets Taha in final,what score you think would be?He would have the same problem Sadulaev had,suddenly dealing with bigger wrestlers who are actually just as good as him only way bigger,that takes a lot.I say Taha wins by 3+ difference.
Don't get me wrong thinking i'm against Kyle or anything,but there's more to being the best at 97 and being the best at heavy,i know we talk about convincing win agianst him and i think some of the heavies can do it,they are not gwiz or someone else from USA who are levels behind them.
I said with my first post here that people here(most of them) are idiots for talking shit to him only because he went out to Conor who hold their soul and they are too stupid to realize it.Kyle is a great guy and wrestler,but at 97kg.

Conor will hit Khabeb so hard he will wake up panic wrestling DC's leg in the locker rooms

Last edited:
Wrestling is watered down these days don’t make the Manlet sound like karelin

Greco is far more watered down than Freestyle. The best wrestlers in the world compete in Free.

Not undefeated in international competition. But yes, he’s a prodigy wrestler. 22 years old with the 3 Olympic/worlds gold medals is incredible.

Undefeated in Senior level world championships. I can really only remember him taking 2-3 losses overall on the senior level, one being at the World Cup last year.

And that's what im saying.Let's say he goes to heavy this year for Worlds,and gets to final somehow because Taha is no the only one there,and meets Taha in final,what score you think would be?He would have the same problem Sadulaev had,suddenly dealing with bigger wrestlers who are actually just as good as him only way bigger,that takes a lot.I say Taha wins by 3+ difference.
Don't get me wrong thinking i'm against Kyle or anything,but there's more to being the best at 97 and being the best at heavy,i know we talk about convincing win agianst him and i think some of the heavies can do it,they are not gwiz or someone else from USA who are levels behind them.
I said with my first post here that people here(most of them) are idiots for talking shit to him only because he went out to Conor who hold their soul and they are too stupid to realize it.Kyle is a great guy and wrestler,but at 97kg.
Akgul just teched his way through the Cerra Pallado tournament in Cuba which is why he was in the States training. Hes amazing, one of the best. I think Snyder hangs in there with him but obviously would lose most matches. Hes just too big, too strong, in too good a shape. Im sure he weighs in around the 265 limit. As for Sadulaev coming up to 97, I don't think he was undersized, he shut out all of his opponents en route to the final and teched 2 of them. Just for clarity sake, Sadulaev maybe gave up 5 pounds to Snyder, maybe, but Snyder gives up about 35 to Akgul. Still, Taha's amazing, I didn't expect the Georgian to beat him last year.

Greco is far more watered down than Freestyle. The best wrestlers in the world compete in Free.

Undefeated in Senior level world championships. I can really only remember him taking 2-3 losses overall on the senior level, one being at the World Cup last year.
He hung in there with Gatsalov in what I think was his 1st big senior level match ever and though he lost, it was at Beat the Streets. Other than that, I know he lost to Guyzamov, the guy he beat in the Rio finals just a few months before the Olympics. And then at the 2015 Yarygin he lost to Varner and that big Thor looking Russian, Boltukaev.

A very good coach to have indeed, and it would probably help him some of the way, but wrestling is different in MMA, and I don't think there is anything Conor can do if he doesn't stop Khabib before he gets a hold of him. That is very possible too, though. Conor is just razor sharp with those hands.

Back