One of the USA's Best Wrestlers Kyle Snyder Offers to Help McGregor Prepare For Khabib's Takedowns

Snyder should be worrying about Adam Coon right now.

The guy who outweighs him by 70 pounds LMAO? Even with that size advantage took his big ass down to win the big ten in his weight class. Same thing will happen if they matchup a third time.

Edit: I didn't see your last two posts before this.

It is nice of Snyder to ask to assist Conor. But, yes. No matter what takedown defense you train, guys who have trained all of their life will still get you down. They have to much options/have counters to numerous defenses. It is how wrestling usually works. Guys who train most of their life are the most successful, those who don't get dominated and eaten up.

Most talented wrestler in the world right now. Please come to mma after 2020. Please!

Kyle Snyder would have made Khabib look like Conor Mcgregor, in a wrestling match, even if they were the same weight class.

What wrestling rules are we using though?

In a more realistic wrestling rule set, Khabib owns him.

We've had a few Olympic gold medalists in MMA. Khabib's wrestling trumps them all.

If you could pick anyone in the world to help shore up your wrestling, it's this guy. Pretty cool. I wonder if Conor will take him up on it.

Damn, now I wish the other guy would've won today.

We've had a few Olympic gold medalists in MMA. Khabib's wrestling trumps them all.

There are high school wrestlers who would out-wrestle Khabib in pure wrestling.

Under no “wrestling” rule set does Khabib have anything for even moderately accomplished wrestlers.

In an MMA match, yes he may out-wrestle even some of the best.

It trumps them all because it is not just wrestling. He melds every grappling art seamlessly together, and when you think you are wrestling he uses Judo and tosses you on your head. He has the throws of Prime Karo, the back pack and smothering game of Maia and the relentless pressure wrestling of Cain - he is like the ultimate MMA-grappling Mr Potato Head

There are high school wrestlers who would out-wrestle Khabib in pure wrestling.

Under no “wrestling” rule set does Khabib have anything for even moderately accomplished wrestlers.

In an MMA match, yes he may out-wrestle even some of the best.
I think you are underestimating Dagestan and the quality of wrestler that it produces. We continually see good American wrestlers get mauled in just MMA wrestling by guys like Makhachev and Teh Bib......kinda like how the tenth ranked guy in Iowa would whup the first ranked guy in Rhode Island (different levels).

His technique is great but he is up against other people with great technique so it doesn't stand out as much. You does have that freak strength tho.
Yep, saying a guy who has won 2 world championships, 1 olympic gold, and 3 NCAA championships is not great technically is pretty stupid. You need to be more than freakishly strong to do that. He is probably the no.1 p4p wrestler in the world right now.

Yep, saying a guy who has won 2 world championships, 1 olympic gold, and 3 NCAA championships is not great technically is pretty stupid. You need to be more than freakishly strong to do that. He is probably the no.1 p4p wrestler in the world right now.
Top 3 no doubt. The man is something to behold.

I think you are underestimating Dagestan and the quality of wrestler that it produces. We continually see good American wrestlers get mauled in just MMA wrestling by guys like Makhachev and Teh Bib......kinda like how the tenth ranked guy in Iowa would whup the first ranked guy in Rhode Island (different levels).

Agreed. Anyone who disagrees with this needs to rewatch the fights

i cant wait till someone flattens habib.
he seems like a good fighter.
but all the cock jockeys are killing me

You want a fighter to lose because of his cock jockeys? Then you must really want Khabib to flatten Conor amirite?

It is annoying. The guy is the best in MMA when it comes to clinch grappling, but it isn't like it is impossible to stop his takedowns if they come in space. Someone with excellent footwork and striking could give him a big test, he isn't unbeatable.

If you could pick anyone in the world to help shore up your wrestling, it's this guy. Pretty cool. I wonder if Conor will take him up on it.

"If you are ever gonna fight Khabib..............."

That's the question at hand, lol.

So now according to Sherdog Khabib > Snyder in wrestling.

The McGregor effect is strong.

Back