PBP ONE Fight Night 7: Lineker vs. Andrade 2, 2/24 7 PM ET/4 PM PT PBP Discussion Thread

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
They need to drug test these guys. Lineker's opponent has early stage gyno.

Andrade is the type of guy who can make Sandhagen look like a bum on the feet
but
Andrade is the type of guy to make Brain Kelleher look like Prime Khabib.

for fok sake
they said no mas
<mma1>

Great fight, disappointing ending.

Andrade needs to sharpen up his defense before he ends up in a nursing home by age 40.

Both the main and co-main were a bit anticlimactic.

Still a good card.

Very fun scrap and solid ONE card.

<RomeroSalute>

Can't see from swollen eye? Or broken orbital?

They are bad jews. JK JK. It's probably not observed unless you are very religious.

Do tattoos violate Jewish law?
Most rabbis say yes. Their objection traces to Leviticus 19.28, which states: “You shall not make gashes in your flesh for the dead, or incise any marks on yourselves: I am the LORD.” The Hebrew phrase k’tovet ka’aka (כתבת קעקע), here rendered as incision, is also sometimes translated as “tattoo.” According to the biblical commentator Rashi, the phrase refers to a kind of permanent, un-erasable writing engraved on the skin.

There is some debate about the source of this prohibition, but many commentators see it as rooted in a desire to distinguish Jews from idolators, some of whose practices involved the marking of skin as a sign of devotion to pagan deities. As a result, some have suggested that the Torah’s prohibition on tattoos is not absolute, but applies only to those markings associated with idol worship. However, Orthodox, Conservative and Reform authorities all agree that Leviticus and subsequent Jewish tradition reject the practice of tattooing outright.

Yes I'm aware of all of this. I'd say about half my Jewish friends have tattoos, some who even go to synagogue regularly. Even Muslim athletes I can think of have tattoos, even non converts. But Judaism isn't nearly as strict about it except in Orthodox communities.

Back