PBP ONE Fight Night 7: Lineker vs. Andrade 2, 2/24 7 PM ET/4 PM PT PBP Discussion Thread

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TorontoTO

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
FmB4IqRaYAMMcp8

Way too much non-mma for me to really give a fuck tbh. ONE is cool but it’s hard to really give a fuck.

Way too much non-mma for me to really give a fuck tbh. ONE is cool but it’s hard to really give a fuck.
The muay thai and kickboxing in ONE is way better than mma

20 min ago they had a FOTY candidate in muay thai. In previous card Allazov delivered big time against Superbon

I think ONE is moving away from MMA honestly. This event being not in a cage, getting rid of the numbered ONE shows and just putting on Lumpinee Muay Thai cards with one prime event per month

20 min ago they had a FOTY candidate in muay thai. In previous card Allazov delivered big time against Superbon
Tbh, Muay Thai produces bouts like that on a weekly basis. Every fighter is hopped up on drugs and just take tons of damage. Brains are probably toast but that's the nature of the sport

Stoked for Lineker/Andrade II. Their first fight was good despite the anticlimactic finish (which I'm still baffled by as some folks claimed Lineker used it as an out even though his cup was shattered to pieces).

No I agree, like I actually do find the kickboxing and Muay Thai entertaining af. Especially when it’s in 4 Oz gloves. But as an mma fan it’s just hard to take them seriously as a promotion when half the card isn’t even mma. That’s why I roll over and laugh when casuals say ONE is #2 behind Bellator.

I think ONE is moving away from MMA honestly. This event being not in a cage, getting rid of the numbered ONE shows and just putting on Lumpinee Muay Thai cards with one prime event per month

I am somewhat doubtful of this, they paid some pretty big money for Roberto Soldic and Mighty Mouse and have paid Christian Lee out the wazoo to stay. Shit even guys like Murad Ramazanov, Shamil Gasanov and Anatoly Malykhin were these really good signings I feel they are paying well. They seem to value their MMA Brand well enough to me, but maybe you're right.

Also they don't have to pay their MT fighters anything.

ONE loading their cards with Muay Thai is the same as the UFC loading their cards with Contender Series jobbers.

I signed Gary Lineker on FIFA a few weeks ago.

Had to sell him... Decent in front of goal, and could break a weaker team but didn't really have the complete skill set to progress to championship level.

The more variety the better imo, One FC the shit and it doesn't get much better than that main event.

I signed Gary Lineker on FIFA a few weeks ago.

Had to sell him... Decent in front of goal, and could break a weaker team but didn't really have the complete skill set to progress to championship level.

Did you try sticking him on the wing like Barcelona did for a laugh?

this event probably isn’t in a cage because they have an event in a ring, in the same arena the day before

this event probably isn’t in a cage because they have an event in a ring, in the same arena the day before

Or because Ring>Cage :D

I can hope at least.

Back