OMG - and you guys thought Shadow of War was bad about micro transactions - AC Odyssey

Wariowokecancel

You can cancel but you can’t wake
@Gold
Reaction score
I'm not buying any singleplayer game with microtransactions, no matter if cosmetic or gameplay or useful or not

OMG WTF LOL

I'm tired of AC anyway. Everybody says Origins is great but to me it is just a rip off of different styles of games put together, but nothing is complete.

Come at me now.

I'm tired of AC anyway. Everybody says Origins is great but to me it is just a rip off of different styles of games put together, but nothing is complete.

Come at me now.
I've tried getting into it twice and just put it down for something else both times. Gonna try one more time. Never really been into the series anyway, but I liked the comparisons some people made between Origins and The Witcher 3.

Yea I don't care about micro transactions like this. If someone wants to use the 50%+ exp on their own single player experience how does that affect me or my game play? As long as the game is fun to play that's all I need.

Yea I don't care about micro transactions like this. If someone wants to use the 50%+ exp on their own single player experience how does that affect me or my game play? As long as the game is fun to play that's all I need.
Problem is if they make it to grindy where in it would take insane amount of time to level up. I have no qualms if its all just cosmetic upgrades but if its going to be ala devil may cry where I dont have x moves until I pay for this and that uh pass.

If a game is good, and preferably free to play as well as cooperative, they get a big pass from me when it comes to microtransactions because a choice few whales are usually what keeps the game afloat. People get more cosmetic shit or inventory space, whatever, that's a pretty good system.

Putting them in single player games is just puzzling. It's not like with a single player game they're gonna keep pumping out content, unless it's DLC which is ofc... going to cost money on top of the store you're using to just... buff yourself? Assassin's Creed has really overstayed its welcome anyway, so nothing of value was lost here; I honestly can't believe people are still picking up these games.

Problem is if they make it to grindy where in it would take insane amount of time to level up. I have no qualms if its all just cosmetic upgrades but if its going to be ala devil may cry where I dont have x moves until I pay for this and that uh pass.

That's true if they make it grindy as hell then yea that's a problem. DMC from what I understand is going to be the same as all other DMC games where you use orbs you get from killing monsters to level up moves. The only difference is now you can just outright buy them I have no issue with that unless like you said they make it much harder than previous DMC games.

That's true if they make it grindy as hell then yea that's a problem. DMC from what I understand is going to be the same as all other DMC games where you use orbs you get from killing monsters to level up moves. The only difference is now you can just outright buy them I have no issue with that unless like you said they make it much harder than previous DMC games.
yup but thats what Im afraid of without backlash they will do it like battlefront 2 where I believe they made Vader like 50000 credits which they then reduced to 5000 and now free. And I thought Ubisoft was turning the corner, scummy shit. I heard shadow of war they already removed the microtransactions which is why I'm thinking of buying it also.

yup but thats what Im afraid of without backlash they will do it like battlefront 2 where I believe they made Vader like 50000 credits which they then reduced to 5000 and now free. And I thought Ubisoft was turning the corner, scummy shit. I heard shadow of war they already removed the microtransactions which is why I'm thinking of buying it also.

Yea EA just gets crazy with it. I feel like UBI is walking a fine line and trying to see what the community will accept and what they wont. EA is just trying to shove shit down our throat and force us to accept it.

Come at me now.

I tried multiple times to get into that game. I played every AC game before, but it was the one that finally broke the thread. Black Flag aside, I have been disappointed with the series since the completion of the Desmond storyline in AC3. Since that story was completed, the stories in subsequent games have hardly had anything to actually do with the Assassin/Templar conflict.

Playing Origins and seeing mythical monster battles, terrible ai (stealth in particular), mission structure heavily reliant upon grinding and fetch/follow quests, and manually guiding arrows, I could see they have given up on the historical aspect, or making a game world that coheres, makes sense and can maintain a serious tone.

I'm not buying any singleplayer game with microtransactions, no matter if cosmetic or gameplay or useful or not
Why? Just don’t buy the transactions, in single player it doesn’t effect you at all if other people cheat their way up

Blizzard did the same thing in the Legion World of Warcraft expansion. The mobs leveled when you leveled. However when you reached max level the mobs stopped becoming stronger.

In Battle for Azeroth its follows the same system. However once you get to max level the mobs now also scale to your characters gear score. System they put in place to slow people consuming their content for BfA was released with so little.

Pure additional money grab by Assassins Creed.

Why? Just don’t buy the transactions, in single player it doesn’t effect you at all if other people cheat their way up
Have you played Origins? It's insanely hard to progress without buying it or grinding out boring side missions. Unless I was doing it wrong

This, I'll stick with games like Dark Souls, Valkyria Chronicles, God of War, Monster Hunter World, Breath of the Wild, etc.

Because you get grind built in to get you to spend more. This is the core mechanism of so called free games and now it’s tainting A premium game. Have these fuckers learnt nothing? This is almost as bad as having to play 10000 hours to get Vader.

50% permanently more exp is something I haven’t seen in any game, totally disbalances the game. I can’t think of any game that did this. ‘Free’ games like World of Tanks don’t even do this.

if someone wants to cheat, why not just let them input a cheat code like in old games? he already paid 60$, why does he have to pay more to play the game like he wants to?

I just dont want to support anything like this

Back